Somebody was asleep at the NY Times

Paleman

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2019
Red state of Florida
This is a quote found in the "LIBERAL" New York Times---------"Legislators writing the bills acknowledge that people in the health insurance industry would lose their jobs. Proposals in the House and Senate would set aside large funds to help cushion the blow to displaced workers, offering them training, benefits, and income supports".

Go ahead and support Medicare for All and then go tell your friend or neighbor that they will be unemployed. Better yet, vote for it and lose YOUR job. Did you notice that the Liberals are also going to throw more of our money for even more unemployment welfare.

In addition----The US Government could not run a lemonade stand without years of construction delays, kickbacks,cost over runs, nepotism and graft. What makes anybody think that the Politicians can run 1/6 or our economy successfully?????????

Not only the healthcare insurers would lose their jobs, but the hospitals too.
Under Warren's Medicare for All Plan, Many Hospitals Would Be Forced to Close—Especially in Poor, Rural Areas

If anyone thinks that party affiliation wouldn't affect your access to healthcare, guess again. Imagine Lois Lerner in charge of your access to healthcare. Remember the train wreck rollout of Obamacare? I can't imagine the government in charge of 20% of the US economy. Here's hoping that Bernie & Warren keep preaching "Medicare for all", even illegals.

Dear Paleman
From the feedback and response I got when introducing the nonprofit cooperative health care system to my liberal/progressive friends for universal care,
they believe in these improved reforms and options,
but still believe we'd have to go through govt to have equal access and guaranteed protection and provision of health care services to the public as a uniform, institutionalized choice.

They don't have faith that people will do, direct and initiate the work themselves to set up sustainable health care, but govt is necessary as a centralized system to organize it and set up facilities for everyone.

Here are the websites that cover the basic structure and pricing/provider system needed
if we are ever going to set up a system of universal care -- through this nonprofit
set up the medical associations, programs and services would be managed by free market ownership but still allow members the choice of options through govt without conflict with the business relations that don't need to be managed by govt:

www.medcoops.com
www.medcoops.net
www.patientphysiciancoop.com

These plans that don't rely on govt but can be implemented freely as any other nonprofit or business venture are as cost effective as you can get, with maximum benefits at minimum costs and admin costs. Yet liberals I show this to who support it still want centralized govt to guarantee access to benefits for everyone. They don't trust people and businesses or even nonprofits to do this by free market.

That's where we are, with people depending on govt and not having the experience or skills to trust that people can manage not for profit organizations, businesses or education direclty.

The doctors, drug companies,and HMOs all got incredibly wealthy looting Medicare, so let's not pretend 'da Private Sector' is some shining beacon of morality and honest business here. 'Private' industry' lobbyists write most of the laws for Medicare and Medicaid, and provide the 'guidelines' most Congress people and Senators vote on as well. Quit blaming government for merely being a reflection of the morals and principles of the people it governs; that's where it all comes from. Running around mindlessly parroting 'Privatize Everything!!!', when it essentially already is, is a form of insanity.

Last edited:
The doctors, drug companies,and HMOs all got incredibly wealthy looting Medicare, so let's not pretend 'da Private Sector' is some shining beacon of morality and honest business here. 'Private' industry' lobbyists write most of the laws for Medicare and Medicaid, and provide the 'guidelines' most Congress people and Senators vote on as well. Quit blaming government for merely being a reflection of the morals and principles of the people it governs; that's where it all comes from. Running around mindlessly parroting 'Privatize Everything!!!', when it essentially already is, is a form of insanity.

Picaro---I rally don't think I was suggesting that everything should be privatized although I prefer it to Government Run. As you pointed out Medicare is a cash cow for the criminal element. That said, Why expand such a vulnerable program? Doing so would just cost more and do less.

This is not a new thing and those in charge have not been able to correct it because they are complicit and or just plain corrupt. The Government should be involved with oversight only it should never own or manage anything.

"Legislators writing the bills acknowledge that people in the health insurance industry would lose their jobs. Proposals in the House and Senate would set aside large funds to help cushion the blow to displaced workers, offering them training, benefits, and income supports".

"Whoops, sorry we fucked up your industry by swallowing it up in our beaurocracy. Our bad. Please accept this taxpayer bailout for your troubles". An unsettling trend of shitty leadership all around.

Picaro---I rally don't think I was suggesting that everything should be privatized although I prefer it to Government Run. As you pointed out Medicare is a cash cow for the criminal element. That said, Why expand such a vulnerable program? Doing so would just cost more and do less.

You didn't, but a couple others posting here lean that way. All that needs to be expanded is the investigative staffs, but right wingers usually opposed increasing overhead budgets for that, and they don't find many Democrats fighting with them. It isn't the programs, but the management that sucks, and that can be easily corrected. Americans pay far more for drugs than any other country on the planet, and that isn't because of anything but corruption among the politicians, not the people who work for the Medicare administration.

This is not a new thing and those in charge have not been able to correct it because they are complicit and or just plain corrupt. The Government should be involved with oversight only it should never own or manage anything.

The lack of oversight and lack of investigative ability and oversight is the problem. We know who is behind that.

"Legislators writing the bills acknowledge that people in the health insurance industry would lose their jobs. Proposals in the House and Senate would set aside large funds to help cushion the blow to displaced workers, offering them training, benefits, and income supports".

"Whoops, sorry we fucked up your industry by swallowing it up in our bureaucracy. Our bad. Please accept this taxpayer bailout for your troubles". An unsettling trend of shitty leadership all around.

YaDa YaDa YaDa!!!! Instead of enjoying your perpetual liberal organism over bigger and bigger government how about debunking the claim that the take over of the health care industry would result in a vast amount of lost jobs and unfundable cost increases.

Instead of enjoying your perpetual liberal organism over bigger and bigger government

Wha? Who is supporting bigger government? Not me. Reading comprehension. Catch it!

how about debunking the claim that the take over of the health care industry would result in a vast amount of lost jobs and unfundable cost increases.

I absolutely have no interest in debunking such nonsense.

Instead of enjoying your perpetual liberal organism over bigger and bigger government

Wha? Who is supporting bigger government? Not me. Reading comprehension. Catch it!

how about debunking the claim that the take over of the health care industry would result in a vast amount of lost jobs and unfundable cost increases.

How about some honesty here. It's not that you don't want to it's because you can't. Get ur head out of the sand. Just what do you think will happen to all those employed by the private health care industry when they're put out of business??????????????

How about some honesty here. It's not that you don't want to it's because you can't. Get ur head out of the sand. Just what do you think will happen to all those employed by the private health care industry when they're put out of business??????????????

They'll lose their jobs. Duh. I've never said government run healthcare is a good idea, so I don't know what you're on about.

Forum List

Back