Something people don't seem to get about why Jesus came into the world, what the Crucifixion means 4 us individually

Jesus didn't know too many saints either. We are just common folk, united in Christ and trying to do our best. Which is not good enough. Which is why He gave us His perfect record instead of our own to enter Heaven.

The reason for so much evil is we live in Satan's domain for now.
In the Lord's prayer we ask for things. God's will to be done here just like in Heaven, because it is not right now. And we acknowledge that the power, glory and kingdom belongs to God and ask Him to reclaim it.

If I offered you the Brooklyn bridge to get you to do something, would you take me seriously? No, because I don't own the bridge. Look at the offer Lucifer made to Jesus when Jesus went to the desert and was tempted for 40 days. He offered Him the power, the glory and every kingdom on earth. Because He has temporary control of those things. He took the dominion from Adam. Christ, the second Adam is going to take it back.

Before the fall of man:

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”​

After the fall of man. Below is Satan talking to Jesus:

Luke 4:6-7 And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. If you worship me, it will all be yours.”​

This is what Satan controls for now:

1 John 5:19 We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.​

What is coming soon:

John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out.​

It's why bad things happen to good people, and why good people do bad things. Satan's time is limited, and he knows it. He is about doing as much destruction to us as he can before Jesus crushes him. He delights in it.

Maranatha Lord, maranatha...

i dont disagree w/ anything here... but you know... kind of tired of arguing w/ protestants since they never REALLY listen to the Catholic position... Scott Hahn and Co. excluded...​

I don't mean to offend Christians. My parents were devout Christians, I just never understood why some person needed to die a horrific death for "my sins" which I do not believe are anywhere near the level of requiring such a sacrifice. Sorry it has just never made any sense to me and it still does not.
for one, maybe you have neverbeen the victim of a horrendous crime? How can you say or imply that sin is nowhere "near the level of requiring such a sacrifice"?

sin is godawful. Just because humans don't get that doesn't make it untrue..

When I began praying the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary, I began to understand ... what you do not understand...

Being Catholic is what has led me to a clear understanding ...

The difficult part is they have to have FAITH FIRST. It's difficult to convince the non-believers as they'll blame you, Christianity, Jesus, God or something else. They seem to enjoy complaining more and taking pot shots at you and the creationists. I think all you can do for someone like that pray for them. The last thing I tried was to warn them of the consequences, but I got carried away with it. They seemed to think it was a threat. One dies spiritually if you're an atheist/agnostic/sinner and pass on, but it's difficult to come up with an equivalent in this life.

Usually, they do not believe or accept the reason for Jesus coming into this world. It's like don't bother me.

As for your question, you got the main point right, but I think there are many other reasons for His coming. Maybe to be King of Kings, Lord of Lords is most important, but that didn't happen.
That will happen eventually. . the 2nd coming

Jesus came primarily to forgive and welcome us into His Kingdom...

the thing is, even after He has forgiven us... we have to go through purification (Purgatory if we don't succed in this life).. which is one of the differences between Catholic and P

Before Christ, those who belonged to God couldn't enter Heaven with sin, so they went to a place the Bible refers to as Abraham's Bosom and was also called Paradise. Christ went there with the thief that was on the cross next to Him. And we know all kinds of things about it.
There were two landings with a chasm between the two. About 10,000 souls waiting for Jesus on one side. And hell on the other.
The souls recognized each other even though they were in spirit form. Abraham still looked like Abraham. They spoke. They had tongues. They were thirsty in Hell.
Christ went to Abraham's Bosom for three days and when he came back to earth, He brought the 10,000 souls with Him. While He was on the cross, the earthquake open the graves of those waiting for Him and they reclaimed their, now glorified bodies and went home to see their families before leaving with Christ 40 days later.
Those in Hell are still waiting for the White Throne Judgement where they will show up, along with Satan, with their sin intact, and will plead their case to the Judge, Jesus Christ.
well, I doubt the Catholic Church woud agree w/ all this

I am not big on Last Days stuff.. although I understand enough... so it seems. I mean, for one, we can't do anything about the last days whether we know much or not

we are to obey Christ, which means doing what we know He said to do...

for one, maybe you have neverbeen the victim of a horrendous crime? How can you say or imply that sin is nowhere "near the level of requiring such a sacrifice"?

sin is godawful. Just because humans don't get that doesn't make it untrue..

When I began praying the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary, I began to understand ... what you do not understand...

Being Catholic is what has led me to a clear understanding ...
I am saying that I know what I have done and what I have not done in my life. If being Catholic and praying helps you put things together, that's fine. I never intend to offend any Christian there are a lot of good things about Christianity.

most people know that Jesus died on a cross the save us from our sins

But they don't realize (or accept)that maybe, just maybe.... His followers have to go t hrough something similar... sometimes I feel it is something VERY similar...

Jesus said that if they persecuted Him, they will persecute you, His followers.. and so if you are not persecuted, you are not one of His followers.. As soon as you step out to do His work, and if you stick with it, you will have enemies coming out of the woodwork...

Then there is this:

What is the best answer to the Q

Why did Jesus come into the world (other than the above) and there is "another" albeit related reason...
He came for two reasons: to establish his kingdom and to judge Judea. Both accomplished.

well, I doubt the Catholic Church woud agree w/ all this

I am not big on Last Days stuff.. although I understand enough... so it seems. I mean, for one, we can't do anything about the last days whether we know much or not

we are to obey Christ, which means doing what we know He said to do...
Then the Catholics need to read their Bible. Because that is where every bit of it is. Read about the beggar named Lazarus was taken to Paradise by the angels and the conversation that took place between Abraham and the rich man.

Luke 16:24 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham from afar, with Lazarus by his side. So he cried out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue. For I am in agony in this fire.

I trust Luke more than Catholic dogma. You should too...

I am saying that I know what I have done and what I have not done in my life. If being Catholic and praying helps you put things together, that's fine. I never intend to offend any Christian there are a lot of good things about Christianity.
Well, I wouldn't be who I am w/o the Catholic Church.. not that I am perfect... hardly. But I remember the days when I was lost and boy was I LOST... miserable, depressed...

I still get depressed every now and then and miserable... but I know the prayers I can say to bring me out of it.. I know where I can find the Real Tangible Presence of

the only One who really loves ANYONE..

Then the Catholics need to read their Bible.
responding to this alone at this time

Catholics... it's totally a myth to say we do not read the Bible or not as much as Protestants

a total myth. The exact opposite is true... We hear Scripture EVERY day. The Catholics meet every day, not just on Sunday..

if you go to Mass daily for 3 years you will go through the entire Bible

Matthew 7:21

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Not all will be allowed back into the kingdom of heaven but they who do the will of our Father in Heaven. It is the will of our Father in Heaven that we repent and forsake our sins and keep his commandments.

Luke 13:23-24
23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Luke 13:1-5
1 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilæans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilæans were sinners above all the Galilæans, because they suffered such things?
3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Matthew 4:17
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

90% of my life long friends are Catholic. My father-in-law is a Deacon and my mother-in-law pretty much runs St. Mary's. Husband is one of 10 Catholic siblings. And I love them all.
Dogma is the reason Christ's Church has shattered into thousands of denominations. Catholics are near the top of the list as far as pomp and circumstance is concerned. They even created their own Bible replete with replacement theology.

Here is the only thing you have to practice, the only Law Christ gave us. Love your Father and each other. That's it.

most people know that Jesus died on a cross the save us from our sins

But they don't realize (or accept)that maybe, just maybe.... His followers have to go t hrough something similar... sometimes I feel it is something VERY similar...

Jesus said that if they persecuted Him, they will persecute you, His followers.. and so if you are not persecuted, you are not one of His followers.. As soon as you step out to do His work, and if you stick with it, you will have enemies coming out of the woodwork...

Then there is this:

What is the best answer to the Q

Why did Jesus come into the world (other than the above) and there is "another" albeit related reason...

I have no confidence when anyone attempts to teach/instruct righteous doctrine.......but never uses the actual word of God in his/her supposed instruction.

Allow Jesus to answer the question as to why He came into this world. Jesus came to "fulfill THE LAW (of Moses".......there could be no new covenant of grace without the old covenant (contract between God and mankind) being fulfilled to the letter of the law. (Matthew 5:17-20). Not one tittle passed from the law under Jesus uttered His last words as a man......."it is finished". (John 19:30).

That law required a perfect sacrificial Lamb.........a man (The Son of Man, Jesus), a man born of a woman, born under the law, a man that was born as a Practicing Jew, that lived His entire life under the Law, a man that was tempted just like everyone else but sinned not, It required God incarnate to take on the form of man to meet the requirement of the Law.....as Jesus is the only man that was ever born that lived His entire life void of sinning once. (2 Cor. 5:21)........

Jesus came to earth so that man could be adopted into the family of God.......there is no ambiguity whatsoever, "But when the fulness of time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law that we might receive the adoption as sons." -- Gal. 4:4-5

"God made Him (Jesus) who had not sin to be sin for us........so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God."

No one can be tempted as was Jesus and SIN NOT..........you are lying to yourself if you profess to follow in the footsteps of the Christ and declare you have not sinned...........Jesus came to be our advocate (standing between our sin and God).

To find salvation all one needs do is follow the instructions in order to claim your inheritance at the end of the race called life. "If you love Me follow My commands..........."

That will happen eventually. . the 2nd coming

Jesus came primarily to forgive and welcome us into His Kingdom...

the thing is, even after He has forgiven us... we have to go through purification (Purgatory if we don't succed in this life).. which is one of the differences between Catholic and P
Here is where you can be misled by doctrine, instead of scripture.

If we don't succeed in this life? Succed at what? Being good enough to get into Heaven? Let me help you with that. You will never succeed in working your way to Heaven. In fact, thinking that we need to add to the work His Son did on the cross for us is offensive to God. He considers our efforts as filthy rags.
Isaiah 64:6 And all our deeds of righteousness are like filthy rags;

If you believe in Christ you are justified and sanctified and as pure as the driven snow to God. And He doesn't even remember your sins let alone hold you hostage until you are, what? Cleaner than Christ cleaned you? Are you going to remind God of your sins? Jesus removed your sin, all of it, once and for all. Nothing more is required.

Romans 6:10 The death He died, He died to sin once for all

Catholics believe that children that die go to purgatory. That is completely false.
David pleaded for the life of his baby. He cried, and fasted and begged. The baby died, and the servants were surprised that David stopped crying. He stopped because he knew exactly where that baby was and that he would see him in Heaven:
“I shall go to him, but he will not return to me.”
A child's last breath here on earth is their first breath in Heaven. They go straight up.

Many Christians go through life without being persecuted, Mother Teresa comes to mind. Although persecution of Christians is coming in the very near future, most Christians lead normal lives and then die.

Paul said absent from the body is present with the Lord and the Lord does not reside in Purgatory. That is merely dogma...
If you accept Christ as your Savior, then relax and love your neighbor. Your sins are completely covered by the blood of the Lamb, and forgotten, your name is written in the Book of Life, and your seat at your Father's table is reserved...:)

Last edited:
90% of my life long friends are Catholic. My father-in-law is a Deacon and my mother-in-law pretty much runs St. Mary's. Husband is one of 10 Catholic siblings. And I love them all.
Dogma is the reason Christ's Church has shattered into thousands of denominations. Catholics are near the top of the list as far as pomp and circumstance is concerned. They even created their own Bible replete with replacement theology.
that is what you hve been told about Catholics

where do u get your information? You obviously don't get it from an orthodox Catholic priest. You don't even know how to find one of those among all the phonies... IT is even difficult for us Catholics... so I know you havent found one...

you likely have never been to RCIA and even if you have, maybe you had one of the unorthodox ones as a teacher... sigh..

The SSPX is the true Catholic Church... very hard to find thsoe Churches...

Truth bomb: The truth of the matter is the scriptural fact that nothing exists within Biblical Text that would authorize any papal lineage.

Catholic dogma concerning a supposed lineage of Popes going back to the Apostle Peter comes from one misinterpreted scripture. Matthew 16.......where the Catholic transfers the rock that the church was constructed upon from Jesus to Peter. They interpret the passage, ".......upon this rock I will build My church and the gates of hell shall not prevail......" as a reference to Peter because Jesus called him "the rock" i.e., "petros" in the original Greek text......(this word means a rock that can be moved.....a stone that is not immovable)........but when Jesus quotes the passage upon this "rock" the Greek word used is Petro (interpreted properly to mean a large immovable stone a huge stone such as a stone used as a cornerstone in a wall or a building.)

Thus when read IN CONTEXT.....the rock upon which Jesus states that He would built His Church/Kingdom was the truth spoken by Peter when Jesus asked him directly, "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered: You are the Christ, the Son of God.....the Messiah. This is the Rock upon which the church was constructed and its validated all throughout the scripture proving that Jesus was that chief cornerstone, the stone rejected by Jewish Hierarchy. The truth that Peter spoke.......not Peter himself.....that is the stone/rock the church was constructed upon.

(1 Peter 2:8 defines Jesus as the rock/stone chief cornerstone) (Act 4:11) The Apostle Paul spells it out, "...........and the Rock was Christ." -- 1 Cor. 10:4

Then the Catholics need to read their Bible..
I can never get beyond a couple sentences that the anti-Catholics present... as "argument"

because I get stuck on the first idiotic thing said... which is usually the first thing said Period

it is SOOOO ironic that Catholics are accused by the ones who know nothing about Catholicism

of NOT knowing the Bible...

They (the devout ones) hear Scripture EVERY single day of their lives.. one or 2 readings from the Old Testament, 1 or 2 from the New every single day..

told ya these antiCatholic people don't know what they're talking about

Forum List

Back