Something the gop has forgotten

Thanks for reminding us. You may well have just saved the party.

Only if GOPers pay attention...the relevant responses in this thread indicate that most consider the OP "a liar" and automatically condemn his thoughtful input.
That's a shame.
As a life long DEM, I miss consecutive opposition and abhor the knee-jerk destructive kind that dominates the political scene these days...and will miss the GOP of yore when the party implodes...as it will if it continues on the current track.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The right says they're in favor of smaller government while voting for more and more laws to control every aspect of our lives.

The rights says they love our Constitution while voting to weaken it.

And they never never NEVER take responsibility for what they say and do. Its always Obama's fault.

and lud lies again. Shocker isn't it?:)

The right says they're in favor of smaller government while voting for more and more laws to control every aspect of our lives.

And they never never NEVER take responsibility for what they say and do. Its always Obama's fault.

you never did man the fuck up and tell me why you support tyranny.

Should I hold my breath or just assume you can't man the fuck up?

With the posting history of the op I don't believe for one second that he ever belonged to the gop. He is clearly a liar.

Just like Matthew, Rderp & Bucs
100%. Seminar posters or just plain LIARS.
Registered republican since 1965. I stopped voting republican as it became clear that when Reagan spoke of "trickle down" he was referring to piss and not money. I have not voted republican in years and looking at the candidates the republicans have to offer I see no reason to change now.
The thing the dumb dumb republicans do not understand is that you do not get votes by attacking the people you want to vote for you. You do not get votes by making peoples lives more difficult. Lincoln knew this when he spoke of a government "...of the people, by the people, and for the people ." The republican party of today operates on the principle "of the people, by the people, for the wealthy." Until that changes I and millions like me will continue to reject the party of NO.

you never did man the fuck up and tell me why you support tyranny.

Should I hold my breath or just assume you can't man the fuck up?
Maybe he hasn't answered back because he realizes you are so stupid you don't even know what tyranny is. If there were tyranny you would be either dead or in prison and either way, you certainly would not have the freedom to be posting here.

With the posting history of the op I don't believe for one second that he ever belonged to the gop. He is clearly a liar.

Registered republican since 1965. I stopped voting republican as it became clear that when Reagan spoke of "trickle down" he was referring to piss and not money. I have not voted republican in years and looking at the candidates the republicans have to offer I see no reason to change now.
The thing the dumb dumb republicans do not understand is that you do not get votes by attacking the people you want to vote for you. You do not get votes by making peoples lives more difficult. Lincoln knew this when he spoke of a government "...of the people, by the people, and for the people ." The republican party of today operates on the principle "of the people, by the people, for the wealthy." Until that changes I and millions like me will continue to reject the party of NO.

We will also reject the party of no sense as it attacks things that make perfect sense. We're better off having a nws, nhc, nasa, fda, cdc and a safety net. Unemployment insurance as long as it is reasonable time span of possibly a year isn't wrong either...

These people seek to say fuck you to the poor and middle class. When you fight to tear down things that make sense people get angry. This also blinds them from things that don't make sense like far left policies but I guess going after good things is more important!

Thanks for reminding us. You may well have just saved the party.

Only if GOPers pay attention...the relevant responses in this thread indicate that most consider the OP "a liar" and automatically condemn his thoughtful input.
That's a shame.
As a life long DEM, I miss consecutive opposition and abhor the knee-jerk destructive kind that dominates the political scene these days...and will miss the GOP of yore when the party implodes...as it will if it continues on the current track.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
The sooner it implodes the better for this country.

For someone who is such a cheerleader for all things government I notice you haven't addressed the cases I highlighted. You know the ones where government illegally experimented on people, or poisoned them in the name of research, or destroyed their property, or flatout stole their property, you know....those cases. And I have a lot more if you would like me too, but let's start with your reactions to those....

Here's the original post. How about addressing these rather grotesque government attacks....and as we all know, it takes a government to wage war...

Huuuummmm,,, So how about the MTBE debacle where CA made them put the oxygenate into the gasoline to clean the air over the protests of scientists like me? The net result was thousands of car fires, sick people (from the air they were breathing) and finally thousands of water wells that have had to be shuttered because they were contaminated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTBE_controversy

How about the Tuskegee folks who were experimented on by the government?

http://www.cdc.gov/tuskegee/timeline.htm

Or how about the Serratia experiment in the Bay Area back in the 1950's?

http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/Serratia-has-dark-history-in-region-Army-test-2677623.php

Or how about the recent EPA tests on people, all to push their agenda?

EPA Human Study Subjects

Or how about the "downwinders"?

Downwinders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How exactly did the government make these peoples lives better? Better at glowing at night? Or better at watching their cars burn? Or better at getting sick from the contaminated water?

You're a fucking progressive moron.... you're the type that no doubt felt the Japanese interment was good for them too. no doubt....

I've never voted for a party that I thought would make my life better.

Then why the hell do you even bother to vote? If one party promises you nothing but a miserable life and a second party promises to work toward improving your life, why in the name of God would you vote for the party that wants to make your life harder?
If you are on the borderline of poverty and a party announces it is going to cut you food stamps and help push you into poverty WHY WOULD YOU VOTE FOR THEM?

It's a fair question. Why would we vote for Democrats?
I note you did not bother to answer my question. "If you are on the borderline of poverty and a party announces it is going to cut you food stamps and help push you into poverty WHY WOULD YOU VOTE FOR THEM?"
I can tell you why a lot of people reject the gop and will vote Democratic.

They will vote Democratic because the Democratic party passed ACA which eliminates "pre-existing conditions" thereby allowing millions to get health insurance they had been denied. For many of them it was the first health insurance they have had in their lives and now they no longer have to fear financial ruin when hit by a disease.
They will vote Democratic because they have ACA and that will save them from losing everything they have worked their whole lives for.
If they are women they will vote Democratic because the Democratic party does not treat women like second class citizens and does not try to control what they can do with their bodies.
The gays will vote Democratic because the Democratic party has worked to give them rights and it has treated them like equals. I may not agree with the lifestyle but that is no reason to take their rights away.
The Blacks will vote for the Democratic party because they are suffering the most from unemployment and the gop has not lifted a finger to help them. The gop has, however, managed to lift it's middle finger to show what they think of blacks.
The students and elderly will vote Democratic because they see the gop trying to stop them from voting. The elderly have additional incentive in that the gop would like to kill Social Security and the safety nets which in many cases is the only thing keeping them alive and in their homes.
PEOPLE WILL VOTE FOR THE PARTY THAT IS WORKING TO MAKE THEIR LIVES BETTER. THEY WILL NOT VOTE FOR THE PARTY THAT MAKES THEIR LIVES WORSE.
In the last 5 years, EXACTLY what has the gop done to make the lives of American citizens better.

I left the gop because it has forgotten a very basic and important rule. That rule is that people (republican excluded) will vote for the candidate and party that makes their life better.

Oh, sure another "i left the republican party" thread from someone who is clearly full blown LOLberal.

And I haven't seen, in all my years, a candidate make lives better. they fuck up everything they touch. Which is why they were never supposed to have such authority in the first place.

You guys who constantly deny the fact that Republicans have and are leaving the party in droves just shows how blind you are.

Record-High 42% of Americans Identify as Independents
Republican identification lowest in at least 25 years

PRINCETON, NJ -- Forty-two percent of Americans, on average, identified as political independents in 2013, the highest Gallup has measured since it began conducting interviews by telephone 25 years ago. Meanwhile, Republican identification fell to 25%, the lowest over that time span. At 31%, Democratic identification is unchanged from the last four years but down from 36% in 2008.

5_2jqzaulusmlps9-fmska.png

For someone who is such a cheerleader for all things government I notice you haven't addressed the cases I highlighted. You know the ones where government illegally experimented on people, or poisoned them in the name of research, or destroyed their property, or flatout stole their property, you know....those cases. And I have a lot more if you would like me too, but let's start with your reactions to those....

Here's the original post. How about addressing these rather grotesque government attacks....and as we all know, it takes a government to wage war...

Huuuummmm,,, So how about the MTBE debacle where CA made them put the oxygenate into the gasoline to clean the air over the protests of scientists like me? The net result was thousands of car fires, sick people (from the air they were breathing) and finally thousands of water wells that have had to be shuttered because they were contaminated.

MTBE controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How about the Tuskegee folks who were experimented on by the government?

CDC - NCHHSTP - Tuskegee Study - Timeline

Or how about the Serratia experiment in the Bay Area back in the 1950's?

Serratia has dark history in region / Army test in 1950 may have changed microbial ecology - SFGate

Or how about the recent EPA tests on people, all to push their agenda?

EPA Human Study Subjects

Or how about the "downwinders"?

Downwinders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How exactly did the government make these peoples lives better? Better at glowing at night? Or better at watching their cars burn? Or better at getting sick from the contaminated water?

You're a fucking progressive moron.... you're the type that no doubt felt the Japanese interment was good for them too. no doubt....
YOU ARE LOOKING FOR EXTREMES. The United States government is huge and with all huge organizations mistakes are made. What you are doing is looking at a grain of sand and ignoring the mountain sitting right next to it. If you pile up all the bad the US government has done and then pile up all the good it has done you will find that the good far, far, far outnumbers the bad.
Since its inception billions of people have lived out their last years with dignity because of Social Security. Is that bad? Unemployment insurance has keep billions of people alive until they could find new jobs. Is that bad?
Over the years food stamps and SNAP benefits have saved the lives of millions and millions. Would you prefer to see people dying of starvation on American streets?
ACA will help people catch and solve small medical problems before they become life threatening ones. Is that bad?
ACA will also protect people from catastrophic problems that will take away everything they have worked their whole lives for. Is that bad?
I could go on and on but you will continue to ignore the good that the government has done so your small mind can continue to condemn the government. My suggestion is for you to go somewhere where there is little or no government. And then, when you come back and are finished kissing the ground, you will understand what small government really means.

Last edited:

You're seriously going to argue that the party of George Soros, Warren Buffet, and John Kerry is the party against the wealthy?

McCain and Romney were too far right...lol

Yeah that's the problem.

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

You're seriously going to argue that the party of George Soros, Warren Buffet, and John Kerry is the party against the wealthy?

Wealth is not the problem. The problem is when opportunity to move ahead has been stifled by the wealthy, and that is pretty much where we are currently. American productivity has almost doubled in the past 40 years, yet the only ones to be rewarded for that financially have been the very wealthy. Everyone else has been left behind. The problem is not that the wealthy benefited but that nobody else did.

Then why the hell do you even bother to vote? If one party promises you nothing but a miserable life and a second party promises to work toward improving your life, why in the name of God would you vote for the party that wants to make your life harder?
If you are on the borderline of poverty and a party announces it is going to cut you food stamps and help push you into poverty WHY WOULD YOU VOTE FOR THEM?

It's a fair question. Why would we vote for Democrats?
I note you did not bother to answer my question. "If you are on the borderline of poverty and a party announces it is going to cut you food stamps and help push you into poverty WHY WOULD YOU VOTE FOR THEM?"
I can tell you why a lot of people reject the gop and will vote Democratic.

They will vote Democratic because the Democratic party passed ACA which eliminates "pre-existing conditions" thereby allowing millions to get health insurance they had been denied. For many of them it was the first health insurance they have had in their lives and now they no longer have to fear financial ruin when hit by a disease.
They will vote Democratic because they have ACA and that will save them from losing everything they have worked their whole lives for.
If they are women they will vote Democratic because the Democratic party does not treat women like second class citizens and does not try to control what they can do with their bodies.
The gays will vote Democratic because the Democratic party has worked to give them rights and it has treated them like equals. I may not agree with the lifestyle but that is no reason to take their rights away.
The Blacks will vote for the Democratic party because they are suffering the most from unemployment and the gop has not lifted a finger to help them. The gop has, however, managed to lift it's middle finger to show what they think of blacks.
The students and elderly will vote Democratic because they see the gop trying to stop them from voting. The elderly have additional incentive in that the gop would like to kill Social Security and the safety nets which in many cases is the only thing keeping them alive and in their homes.
PEOPLE WILL VOTE FOR THE PARTY THAT IS WORKING TO MAKE THEIR LIVES BETTER. THEY WILL NOT VOTE FOR THE PARTY THAT MAKES THEIR LIVES WORSE.
In the last 5 years, EXACTLY what has the gop done to make the lives of American citizens better.

I actually did answer your question. It was with a question. So if you believe those things why would you vote for the Democrat party that does them? Just because they blame them on the other guys?

BTW being poor, i dont want government handouts. I want the government to get the hell out of my way so I can make my own way in the world. Why do you want to divide people because of the amount of money they make? All men are my brothers regardless of whether they make next to nothing or whether they are wealthy beyond my imagination.

Why should I be a slave to a politician who says he is going to help me and than does everything he can to keep me down and spend my money?

Maybe if you stop with the talking points and actually think things through you'd realize that Democrat policies dont attack the wealthy. They attack the poor and middle class people who try to become wealthy. See the wealthy already have their money. That's why they support the Democrats. Because the Democrats put arbitrary obstacles in the ways of those Poor and middle class people to prevent them from pulling themselves out of poverty and challenging their power. (To be fair progressive Republicans are the same. Hence why Progressivism is a disease in both parties).

Do you know how I know this? Because they look at people as different classes based on wealth. If you truly thought everyone was equal, you wouldn't care how much money they have. Whether a man is poor, rich or in between, he would be your brother.

I left the gop because it has forgotten a very basic and important rule. That rule is that people (republican excluded) will vote for the candidate and party that makes their life better.
Oh, sure another "i left the republican party" thread from someone who is clearly full blown LOLberal.

And I haven't seen, in all my years, a candidate make lives better. they fuck up everything they touch. Which is why they were never supposed to have such authority in the first place.

You guys who constantly deny the fact that Republicans have and are leaving the party in droves just shows how blind you are.

Republican identification lowest in at least 25 years

PRINCETON, NJ -- Forty-two percent of Americans, on average, identified as political independents in 2013, the highest Gallup has measured since it began conducting interviews by telephone 25 years ago. Meanwhile, Republican identification fell to 25%, the lowest over that time span. At 31%, Democratic identification is unchanged from the last four years but down from 36% in 2008.
5_2jqzaulusmlps9-fmska.png

A strong argument could be made that if the gop continues to move farther and farther to the right, more and more of those who are independents will become Democrats. That was the path I followed and I damn sure am not alone.
(By the way, thanks for the graph. It will be ignored but thanks anyway.)

Wealth is not the problem. The problem is when opportunity to move ahead has been stifled by the wealthy, and that is pretty much where we are currently. American productivity has almost doubled in the past 40 years, yet the only ones to be rewarded for that financially have been the very wealthy. Everyone else has been left behind. The problem is not that the wealthy benefited but that nobody else did.

I completely agree that the wealthy are stiflng the opportunity to move. That's been the Progressive agenda since the early 1900s. They do this by promoting unconstitutional regulations and the so called progressive income tax that punishes anyone who tries to work they way into wealth while protecting those who already have money and who are friends with politicians.

You want more mobility, promote freedom and the Constitution. Not programs designed to keep people dependent.

Forum List

Back