Something the gop has forgotten

Registered republican since 1965. I stopped voting republican as it became clear that when Reagan spoke of "trickle down" he was referring to piss and not money. I have not voted republican in years and looking at the candidates the republicans have to offer I see no reason to change now.
The thing the dumb dumb republicans do not understand is that you do not get votes by attacking the people you want to vote for you. You do not get votes by making peoples lives more difficult. Lincoln knew this when he spoke of a government "...of the people, by the people, and for the people ." The republican party of today operates on the principle "of the people, by the people, for the wealthy." Until that changes I and millions like me will continue to reject the party of NO.

For someone who is such a cheerleader for all things government I notice you haven't addressed the cases I highlighted. You know the ones where government illegally experimented on people, or poisoned them in the name of research, or destroyed their property, or flatout stole their property, you know....those cases. And I have a lot more if you would like me too, but let's start with your reactions to those....

Here's the original post. How about addressing these rather grotesque government attacks....and as we all know, it takes a government to wage war...

Huuuummmm,,, So how about the MTBE debacle where CA made them put the oxygenate into the gasoline to clean the air over the protests of scientists like me? The net result was thousands of car fires, sick people (from the air they were breathing) and finally thousands of water wells that have had to be shuttered because they were contaminated.

MTBE controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How about the Tuskegee folks who were experimented on by the government?

CDC - NCHHSTP - Tuskegee Study - Timeline

Or how about the Serratia experiment in the Bay Area back in the 1950's?

Serratia has dark history in region / Army test in 1950 may have changed microbial ecology - SFGate

Or how about the recent EPA tests on people, all to push their agenda?

EPA Human Study Subjects

Or how about the "downwinders"?

Downwinders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How exactly did the government make these peoples lives better? Better at glowing at night? Or better at watching their cars burn? Or better at getting sick from the contaminated water?

You're a fucking progressive moron.... you're the type that no doubt felt the Japanese interment was good for them too. no doubt....
YOU ARE LOOKING FOR EXTREMES. The United States government is huge and with all huge organizations mistakes are made. What you are doing is looking at a grain of sand and ignoring the mountain sitting right next to it. If you pile up all the bad the US government has done and then pile up all the good it has done you will find that the good far, far, far outnumbers the bad.
Since its inception billions of people have lived out their last years with dignity because of Social Security. Is that bad? Unemployment insurance has keep billions of people alive until they could find new jobs. Is that bad?
Over the years food stamps and SNAP benefits have saved the lives of millions and millions. Would you prefer to see people dying of starvation on American streets?
ACA will help people catch and solve small medical problems before they become life threatening ones. Is that bad?
ACA will also protect people from catastrophic problems that will take away everything they have worked their whole lives for. Is that bad?
I could go on and on but you will continue to ignore the good that the government has done so your small mind can continue to condemn the government. My suggestion is for you to go somewhere where there is little or no government. And then, when you come back and are finished kissing the ground, you will understand what small government really means.

Ummm so did you silly person. The problem is when a government gets too powerful it is REALLY, REALLY easy for it to go to extremes in its dealing with the citizenry. We are witnessing this every day and you're too stupid to realize it....or...and this is my thought, you WANT government to be powerful.

Because you don't like people.

I haven't written any plays lately. Maybe it is time to write a play.

HELP

Scene: A street lined with middle class homes. A man, his wife, and two chidren are standing and gazing at one of the homes. A sign on the lawn reads "Foreclosure. For Sale.
Man with briefcase walks up to the family: Nice evening!
Family man: If you say so. It is not a nice one for me.
Man with briefcase: Oh! Something wrong?
Family man: Oh ..... My daughter developed a heart problem and it took every penny we had to fix her. She is fine now but we had to give up our home.
Man with briefcase: You didn't have health insurance or ACA?
Family man: Nope. My daughter's problem was a pre-existing condition and ACA is a government program and I don't believe the government should help people. No government handouts for me! No sir.
Man with briefcase: While I am from the government and I would really like to help you.
Family man: Nope. I don't need your help. Remember, no government handouts for me! We are prepared to starve and die for the republican party.
Man with briefcase: But it is going to rain tonight? Can I help you and your family get lodging?
Family man: No! That would be a handout and we don't accept handouts. And besides, we found a vacant culvert down by the RR tracks. That will be our new home.
Man with briefcase: But that will be a terrible place to spend the night. You family will be miserable. Are you sure I can't help?
Family man: You are from the government and I don't want your help. Remember, no government handouts for me! And besides, my family won't be miserable. I have taught them to be republicans like me. The have stopped thinking."
Man with briefcase: Well ..... I sure wish you would let me help you. By the way, what is your name?
Family man: We're the Avatar's and....
Baby girl interrupts: Daddy .... I'm could and hungry. Can we eat soon?
Family man (turns to man with brief case and gives him a slight smile): Sometimes she still thinks like a Democrat. I'm still working on her.
Family man (turns to his daughter): Do you love your daddy?
Baby girl: Yes daddy!
Family man: Then listen to me honeybunch! Pretend you are not hungry and if you don't eat anything for a long, long time eventually you will not be hungry anymore, ever again. Do you believe me?
The family man turns to the man with the brief case.
Family man: Well, we gotta run. There is a lot of competition for the culverts and we don't want to have to sleep outside tonight.
The family starts to walk away.
Family man: Now once more. What did I tell you?
Wife and two children (in a mournful voice): Real republicans don't accept handouts from the government. Only corporations can accept handouts from the government. Real republicans don't ...... (They vanish off stage left).
Man with briefcase: (Watches them go and shakes his head) Damn dummies.
Another man walks in from stage right. He speaks to man with briefcase.
Second man: What was that about?
Man with briefcase: I just updated an old saying. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink has now become you can lead a republican to knowledge but you can't make them think.

CURTAIN

I haven't written any plays lately. Maybe it is time to write a play.

HELP

Scene: A street lined with middle class homes. A man, his wife, and two chidren are standing and gazing at one of the homes. A sign on the lawn reads "Foreclosure. For Sale.
Man with briefcase walks up to the family: Nice evening!
Family man: If you say so. It is not a nice one for me.
Man with briefcase: Oh! Something wrong?
Family man: Oh ..... My daughter developed a heart problem and it took every penny we had to fix her. She is fine now but we had to give up our home.
Man with briefcase: You didn't have health insurance or ACA?
Family man: Nope. My daughter's problem was a pre-existing condition and ACA is a government program and I don't believe the government should help people. No government handouts for me! No sir.
Man with briefcase: While I am from the government and I would really like to help you.
Family man: Nope. I don't need your help. Remember, no government handouts for me! We are prepared to starve and die for the republican party.
Man with briefcase: But it is going to rain tonight? Can I help you and your family get lodging?
Family man: No! That would be a handout and we don't accept handouts. And besides, we found a vacant culvert down by the RR tracks. That will be our new home.
Man with briefcase: But that will be a terrible place to spend the night. You family will be miserable. Are you sure I can't help?
Family man: You are from the government and I don't want your help. Remember, no government handouts for me! And besides, my family won't be miserable. I have taught them to be republicans like me. The have stopped thinking."
Man with briefcase: Well ..... I sure wish you would let me help you. By the way, what is your name?
Family man: We're the Avatar's and....
Baby girl interrupts: Daddy .... I'm could and hungry. Can we eat soon?
Family man (turns to man with brief case and gives him a slight smile): Sometimes she still thinks like a Democrat. I'm still working on her.
Family man (turns to his daughter): Do you love your daddy?
Family man: Then listen to me honeybunch! Pretend you are not hungry and if you don't eat anything for a long, long time eventually you will not be hungry anymore, ever again. Do you believe me?
The family man turns to the man with the brief case.
Family man: Well, we gotta run. There is a lot of competition for the culverts and we don't want to have to sleep outside tonight.
The family starts to walk away.
Family man: Now once more. What did I tell you?
Wife and two children (in a mournful voice): Real republicans don't accept handouts from the government. Only corporations can accept handouts from the government. Real republicans don't ...... (They vanish off stage left).
Man with briefcase: (Watches them go and shakes his head) Damn dummies.
Another man walks in from stage right. He speaks to man with briefcase.
Second man: What was that about?
Man with briefcase: I just updated an old saying. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink has now become you can lead a republican to knowledge but you can't make them think.

CURTAIN
Check up from the Neck-up.
icon14.gif

The right says they're in favor of smaller government while voting for more and more laws to control every aspect of our lives.

The rights says they love our Constitution while voting to weaken it.

And they never never NEVER take responsibility for what they say and do. Its always Obama's fault.

you never did man the fuck up and tell me why you support tyranny.

Should I hold my breath or just assume you can't man the fuck up?
Maybe he hasn't answered back because he realizes you are so stupid you don't even know what tyranny is. If there were tyranny you would be either dead or in prison and either way, you certainly would not have the freedom to be posting here.

Tyranny, government through force or coercion.

what do you think facing a hefty fine for not buy hc is?

wait wait, fining people is making their lives better.

right?

Adults that 'want' the government to take care of them are children

If you are an adult, you are supposed to be taking care of yourself.

and to prevent the usual bs, crippled people actually 'need' help.

but this idiot is loosing his entertainment value, with the parroted dnc lines of someone that's never been anything but dnc

For someone who is such a cheerleader for all things government I notice you haven't addressed the cases I highlighted. You know the ones where government illegally experimented on people, or poisoned them in the name of research, or destroyed their property, or flatout stole their property, you know....those cases. And I have a lot more if you would like me too, but let's start with your reactions to those....

Here's the original post. How about addressing these rather grotesque government attacks....and as we all know, it takes a government to wage war...

Huuuummmm,,, So how about the MTBE debacle where CA made them put the oxygenate into the gasoline to clean the air over the protests of scientists like me? The net result was thousands of car fires, sick people (from the air they were breathing) and finally thousands of water wells that have had to be shuttered because they were contaminated.

MTBE controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How about the Tuskegee folks who were experimented on by the government?

CDC - NCHHSTP - Tuskegee Study - Timeline

Or how about the Serratia experiment in the Bay Area back in the 1950's?

Serratia has dark history in region / Army test in 1950 may have changed microbial ecology - SFGate

Or how about the recent EPA tests on people, all to push their agenda?

EPA Human Study Subjects

Or how about the "downwinders"?

Downwinders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How exactly did the government make these peoples lives better? Better at glowing at night? Or better at watching their cars burn? Or better at getting sick from the contaminated water?

You're a fucking progressive moron.... you're the type that no doubt felt the Japanese interment was good for them too. no doubt....
YOU ARE LOOKING FOR EXTREMES. The United States government is huge and with all huge organizations mistakes are made. What you are doing is looking at a grain of sand and ignoring the mountain sitting right next to it. If you pile up all the bad the US government has done and then pile up all the good it has done you will find that the good far, far, far outnumbers the bad.
Since its inception billions of people have lived out their last years with dignity because of Social Security. Is that bad? Unemployment insurance has keep billions of people alive until they could find new jobs. Is that bad?
Over the years food stamps and SNAP benefits have saved the lives of millions and millions. Would you prefer to see people dying of starvation on American streets?
ACA will help people catch and solve small medical problems before they become life threatening ones. Is that bad?
ACA will also protect people from catastrophic problems that will take away everything they have worked their whole lives for. Is that bad?
I could go on and on but you will continue to ignore the good that the government has done so your small mind can continue to condemn the government. My suggestion is for you to go somewhere where there is little or no government. And then, when you come back and are finished kissing the ground, you will understand what small government really means.

Ummm so did you silly person. The problem is when a government gets too powerful it is REALLY, REALLY easy for it to go to extremes in its dealing with the citizenry. We are witnessing this every day and you're too stupid to realize it....or...and this is my thought, you WANT government to be powerful.

You are really nuts.
Let me tell you what I don't like:
I don't like to see people in the richest country on earth starving in the streets. Apparently you do.
I don't like to see people having to go without medical care because they can't afford it. Apparently you do.
I don't like to see Americans losing their homes and life savings because they couldn't afford health insurance. Apparently you do.
I don't like to see women treated like second class citizens. Apparently you do.
I don't like parties that are trying to take the vote away from American citizens. Apparently you do.
I don't like the government taking money from the poor while rewarding the rich. Apparently you do.
I don't like to see Blacks, Hispanics, gays and others being treated differently than others. Apparently you do.
I don't like a party trying to take health care away from millions without offering anything to replace it. Apparently you do.
Now, when it comes to who likes people and who doesn't, I think I have made my position clear.

but this idiot is loosing his entertainment value, with the parroted dnc lines of someone that's never been anything but dnc
You think like a 10th grader. Let me give you three situations and tell me what you would do.

1) You lose your job and income and there are no jobs available, ANYWHERE. Do you choose to starve or do you sign up for food stamps?

2) You live on the Atlantic coast when a hurricane sweeps your house away along with the homes of 10,000 of your neighbors. Do you choose to turn down government help and assistance so you can starve and suffer from exposure or do you accept the help and assistance offered you?

3) You make a conscious choice NOT to purchase health care because you are counting on hospitals having to take care of you thereby raising the cost for those who have acted responsibly. In other words, do you choose to pay your own way in the world or do you choose to become a leech on your fellow Americans.

You are really nuts.
I don't like to see people in the richest country on earth starving in the streets. Apparently you do.
I don't like to see people having to go without medical care because they can't afford it. Apparently you do.
I don't like to see Americans losing their homes and life savings because they couldn't afford health insurance. Apparently you do.
I don't like to see women treated like second class citizens. Apparently you do.
I don't like parties that are trying to take the vote away from American citizens. Apparently you do.
I don't like the government taking money from the poor while rewarding the rich. Apparently you do.
I don't like to see Blacks, Hispanics, gays and others being treated differently than others. Apparently you do.
I don't like a party trying to take health care away from millions without offering anything to replace it. Apparently you do.
Now, when it comes to who likes people and who doesn't, I think I have made my position clear.

Naaaah, the only nutter is you. You are one of those silly people who was so incompetent, or so drugged out, that you never finished high school, so got a dead end job paying shitty wages because...well that's all you're worth. So now, you lie about what your political affiliation is in an attempt to give credence to your screed.

You are so stupid you feel that it is OK to screw over 6 million people so that 800,000 can get health care instead of taking the government controls off and reforming tort law which WOULD have lowered the costs for everyone. So no, you have demonstrated repeatedly that you are first and foremost an outright liar.

After that I don't really give a shit what you spew because you have zero credibility.

So...what is it that u do Westwall...that allows u to feel so independent and anti-government?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I left the gop because it has forgotten a very basic and important rule. That rule is that people (republican excluded) will vote for the candidate and party that makes their life better. They will not vote for a candidate or party that makes their life worse. Doing so would be stupidity in the extreme. The gop has forgotten this and believe that making peoples lives harder and more difficult is a winning plan.
If you are on the edge of poverty and fighting to survive each day are you going to vote for a candidate or party that wants to cut food stamps or welfare. And yes, you should get a job but what if that job is minimum wage. Or what if no jobs are available? Are you going to vote for the candidate who is against jobs bills and raising minimum wage? Are you going to vote for a candidate who wants to make sure you are denied medical care? The bottom line is you will vote for the candidate and party that makes your life better.
Just for the hell of it I have posted a segment of the republican party platform from the Eisenhower years. Think of what the republican party was for then and what it is for now.
"We shall continue vigorously to support the United Nations."

"Continuance of the vigorous SEC policies which are providing maximum protection to the investor and maximum opportunity for the financing of small business without costly red tape."

"The record of performance of the Republican Administration on behalf of our working men and women goes still further. The Federal minimum wage has been raised for more than 2 million workers. Social Security has been extended to an additional 10 million workers and the benefits raised for 6 1/2 million."

"All workers have gained and unions have grown in strength and responsibility, and have increased their membership by 2 millions."

"Assure equal pay for equal work regardless of Sex;"

"We recommend to Congress the submission of a constitutional amendment providing equal rights for men and women."

"We shall continue to seek extension and perfection of a sound social security system."

Read more:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/1681168-1956-republican-platform-what-happened-eisenhowers.html#ixzz2xqqVQApo

The republican party of today is against almost EVERY ONE of these positions. Is it any wonder only about 25% of Americans consider themselves republicans. Oh, and I should point out that number is getting smaller.

We don't want you...You were never here. Your side has rammed law and order liberalism, high taxes, political correctness and ever increasing intrusive government down our throats.
The pendulum is about to begin a swing to the right. You people did that to yourselves.
The last item in your post is the real thrust of you agenda. Unions....
What has happened to unions is of their OWN DOING....Unions with their archaic work rules, dispensing of inefficient practices and unrealistic wage demands with no regard for the labor marketplace, destroyed themselves.
Troll thread.

You are really nuts.

I see you have all the lib talking points memorized.
You have ZERO credibility.

You are really nuts.

And you have no solutions besides taking us back to the 19th century or earlier. How can anyone take anyone seriously that wants to defund everything that makes this nation stand out in the world.

You think like a 10th grader. Let me give you three situations and tell me what you would do.

1) You lose your job and income and there are no jobs available, ANYWHERE. Do you choose to starve or do you sign up for food stamps?

2) You live on the Atlantic coast when a hurricane sweeps your house away along with the homes of 10,000 of your neighbors. Do you choose to turn down government help and assistance so you can starve and suffer from exposure or do you accept the help and assistance offered you?

3) You make a conscious choice NOT to purchase health care because you are counting on hospitals having to take care of you thereby raising the cost for those who have acted responsibly. In other words, do you choose to pay your own way in the world or do you choose to become a leech on your fellow Americans.

You really think 3 false dichotemies make your point?

You are really nuts.

And you have no solutions besides taking us back to the 19th century or earlier. How can anyone take anyone seriously that wants to defund everything that makes this nation stand out in the world.

what makes this nation stand out in the world is the Constitution and the freedoms it gives. If you ignore them, we will be like everyone else. Which is exactly what you want since you are supporting the same programs they have in other countries.

I left the gop because it has forgotten a very basic and important rule. That rule is that people (republican excluded) will vote for the candidate and party that makes their life better.

You were never a Republican, you lying sack of shit.

Forum List

Back