Something the gop has forgotten

You know what scares the shit out of me about the OP? Is that he actually believes government can make our lives better.

Hell's bells on a good day they can't even fix the potholes in my highways let alone fix the economy.

But the OP and other like minded idiots and that's being kind actually believe that government can now fix the weather, fix the planet, fix global warming, fix climate change.

We are surrounded by morons who actually believe that fools like Harry Reid or Mitch McCionnell can work magic from Washington.
But government has made your life better. You are too blind to see it and too ignorant to question the crap you are being fed.
Do you buy food at the supermarket? Is it safe? A lot of food now comes in from Mexico and other places. How do you know it is safe?
Is your water safe? How do you know?
What about the air? Do you breathe? Who monitors the air and works to keep it safe to breathe? Do you think the power plants and other polluters would give a shit if they weren't forced to give a shit?
Ever fly somewhere? Is the plane in good repair? How do you know? Is the pilot well trained? Again, how do you know?
Do you worry about bombs or terrorists on the planes?
Do you realize control towers are monitoring your plane the entire time it is US air space? Yup, you're being watched.
The medicines you take, are they safe? Who makes sure there safe or effective? In the past they sold morphine and heroin over the counter like cough drops or candy bars. I wonder who stopped that?
Ever drive on the FEDERAL freeways? Who put them there?
Did you know that according to federal regs bus drivers and over the road truckers can only drive so many hours before they have to rest. There used to be a lot of crashes because bus and truck drivers drove long hours and fell asleep while driving. That doesn't happen much today.
Ever go to a National Park?
Did you ever see any footage about FEMA coming to the rescue of people who were overwhelmed by national disasters?
Did you know that in the past sick animals (called 'downers') in packinghouses were butchered and sold to the public regardless of whether they had TB, cancer, or some other disease. Doesn't happen today. We have federal inspection of all meat. They can't even put sawdust in the ground beef like the once did.
Do you get packages in the mail? How about letters?
Ever wonder why there have been no major flu outbreaks in the US in the last 90+ years or so? Back in 1917 a flu hit the world and the US so hard that in some cites in the US they had to bury the people in mass graves because they were dying so fast. World wide between 20 to 40 million people died from the flu. That was more than the number who died from the Black Plague or in WW1. Haven't had a big flu lately. I wonder why.
Do you listen to the weather reports?
Those are just some of the more obvious cases where the federal government steps it to make your life better. Perhaps you should open your eyes.

I pay them to do all of the above with my taxes as do others. It's their job. What's your point?

They aren't doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. We elect them. We employ them. I expect them to do their jobs.

Government isn't a gift from the heavens standing on a hilltop looking down on us poor peasants that they need to help and provide for.

For crying out loud they are elected servants of the people. Not the other way around where we should fall to our knees and be oh so grateful that they "look after us".
Their job is to protect our liberty...stay OUT of our way...and not RUN our lives. They think they know better than we do. THEY are wrong.

I've never voted for a party that I thought would make my life better.

It has never occurred to me to think that way.

Making my life better is MY responsibility.

Regardless of which silly party is "in power".

Hummmm....... "Making MY life better is MY responsibility." Hummmmm ..... That sounds wonderful. So, exactly how are you going to make sure the food you buy in the supermarket is safe? What about your water? Is it your job to test your water or do you trust others to test it? If others are testing your food and water it is those people, AND NOT YOU, who are making your life better. Freeways make our lives better. Is it your intention to build your own freeway system OR do you intend to use the freeway system built by the GOVERNMENT? Are you in a location where weather can really affect your life? Are you going to put up your own satellite to make your life better? After all, making your life better is your responsibility and not the responsibility of the National Weather Service. I could go on and on but I doubt if you will be intelligent enough to see how positively stupid your statement saying "Making MY life better is MY responsibility."

You know what scares the shit out of me about the OP? Is that he actually believes government can make our lives better.

Hell's bells on a good day they can't even fix the potholes in my highways let alone fix the economy.

But the OP and other like minded idiots and that's being kind actually believe that government can now fix the weather, fix the planet, fix global warming, fix climate change.

We are surrounded by morons who actually believe that fools like Harry Reid or Mitch McCionnell can work magic from Washington.
But government has made your life better. You are too blind to see it and too ignorant to question the crap you are being fed.
Do you buy food at the supermarket? Is it safe? A lot of food now comes in from Mexico and other places. How do you know it is safe?
What about the air? Do you breathe? Who monitors the air and works to keep it safe to breathe? Do you think the power plants and other polluters would give a shit if they weren't forced to give a shit?
Ever fly somewhere? Is the plane in good repair? How do you know? Is the pilot well trained? Again, how do you know?
Do you realize control towers are monitoring your plane the entire time it is US air space? Yup, you're being watched.
The medicines you take, are they safe? Who makes sure there safe or effective? In the past they sold morphine and heroin over the counter like cough drops or candy bars. I wonder who stopped that?
Did you know that according to federal regs bus drivers and over the road truckers can only drive so many hours before they have to rest. There used to be a lot of crashes because bus and truck drivers drove long hours and fell asleep while driving. That doesn't happen much today.
Did you ever see any footage about FEMA coming to the rescue of people who were overwhelmed by national disasters?
Did you know that in the past sick animals (called 'downers') in packinghouses were butchered and sold to the public regardless of whether they had TB, cancer, or some other disease. Doesn't happen today. We have federal inspection of all meat. They can't even put sawdust in the ground beef like the once did.
Ever wonder why there have been no major flu outbreaks in the US in the last 90+ years or so? Back in 1917 a flu hit the world and the US so hard that in some cites in the US they had to bury the people in mass graves because they were dying so fast. World wide between 20 to 40 million people died from the flu. That was more than the number who died from the Black Plague or in WW1. Haven't had a big flu lately. I wonder why.
Those are just some of the more obvious cases where the federal government steps it to make your life better. Perhaps you should open your eyes.

And all this is the common sense uses of government. The fact that the "tea party repubicans" are against all of this is why I'll never vote that way again!

I pay them to do all of the above with my taxes as do others. It's their job. What's your point?

They aren't doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. We elect them. We employ them. I expect them to do their jobs.

Government isn't a gift from the heavens standing on a hilltop looking down on us poor peasants that they need to help and provide for.

For crying out loud they are elected servants of the people. Not the other way around where we should fall to our knees and be oh so grateful that they "look after us".
Their job is to protect our liberty...stay OUT of our way...and not RUN our lives. They think they know better than we do. THEY are wrong.
How come I am not the least bit surprised that you are unable to see what is right in front of you. You condemn the government for not being able to do anything.
I THEN GIVE YOU A SHORT LIST OF WAYS THAT THE GOVERNMENT IS MAKING YOUR LIFE BETTER AND YOU ARE STILL TO BLIND TO SEE. What do I need to do, write the list on a 2" x 4" and smack you in the face a dozen times before you get the picture. That government you are condemning as not being able to do anything is helping your sorry ass dozens of times each day. You are so blind you can't even see it when it is pointed out to you.

Hummmm..... the government should ..."stay OUT of our way ...." Hummmmm..... Do you even have the smallest idea of how stupid you sound? Even just a tiny bit?
If I want to flush my toilet down the middle of the street the government should "stay OUT of my way." I want to carry guns and explosives on planes but the government won't let me. They should 'stay OUT of my way." I don't like all the people on the other side of the street so I plan on sending them all letter bombs. The government is against that, they should stay OUT of my way. On the freeway I should be able to drive in any lane I want and in any direction. As a matter of fact if I want to drive 100+mph I should be able to do so. The government should stay OUT of my way. I could go on and on but I doubt if you have a clue as to the point I have just made.

I left the gop because it has forgotten a very basic and important rule. That rule is that people (republican excluded) will vote for the candidate and party that makes their life better. They will not vote for a candidate or party that makes their life worse. Doing so would be stupidity in the extreme. The gop has forgotten this and believe that making peoples lives harder and more difficult is a winning plan.
If you are on the edge of poverty and fighting to survive each day are you going to vote for a candidate or party that wants to cut food stamps or welfare. And yes, you should get a job but what if that job is minimum wage. Or what if no jobs are available? Are you going to vote for the candidate who is against jobs bills and raising minimum wage? Are you going to vote for a candidate who wants to make sure you are denied medical care? The bottom line is you will vote for the candidate and party that makes your life better.
Just for the hell of it I have posted a segment of the republican party platform from the Eisenhower years. Think of what the republican party was for then and what it is for now.
"We shall continue vigorously to support the United Nations."

"Continuance of the vigorous SEC policies which are providing maximum protection to the investor and maximum opportunity for the financing of small business without costly red tape."

"The record of performance of the Republican Administration on behalf of our working men and women goes still further. The Federal minimum wage has been raised for more than 2 million workers. Social Security has been extended to an additional 10 million workers and the benefits raised for 6 1/2 million."

"All workers have gained and unions have grown in strength and responsibility, and have increased their membership by 2 millions."

"Assure equal pay for equal work regardless of Sex;"

"We recommend to Congress the submission of a constitutional amendment providing equal rights for men and women."

"We shall continue to seek extension and perfection of a sound social security system."

Read more:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/1681168-1956-republican-platform-what-happened-eisenhowers.html#ixzz2xqqVQApo

The republican party of today is against almost EVERY ONE of these positions. Is it any wonder only about 25% of Americans consider themselves republicans. Oh, and I should point out that number is getting smaller.

:welcome: ron, you are the 537 douche bag to post his "I used to be a republican" bullshit.

A bit early to be a fucking moron for this election cycle, dontcha think?
I am currently a registered republican who has not voted republican since the party started to leave me around Reagan's presidency.
Now, I work hard to not call people names but since you have proven not to have the manners of a gnat by calling me a "douche bag" and a "fucking moron", I will break my policy.
KISS MY BROWNSPOT YOU RANCID BAG OF DOG VOMIT.
Are we even or do you want to play some more? I can do this all day if you wish. Your call!!

Liberals are just too stupid to survive without being told what to do 24/7. They'd eat dirt and drink paint if the government wasn't there to set them straight

Right here is where you get it so freaking wrong.

It's their job. I'm not a charity. They are my employees. You really have it ass backwards.
Nobody is saying you are a charity. What you implied/said is that government can't do anything right. I POINTED OUT TO YOU THAT EACH DAY THE GOVERNMENT AFFECTS YOUR LIFE IN DOZENS OF WAYS AND YOU ARE SO BLIND YOU DO NOT EVEN REALIZE WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.
Tell ya what, go to some place like Somalia and spend a week. That list does not apply in Somalia. Then come back here and after you get done kissing the ground tell me how our government can't do anything right.

Liberals are just too stupid to survive without being told what to do 24/7. They'd eat dirt and drink paint if the government wasn't there to set them straight
Frank, if I were a minimum wage employee I would be smart enough to know I am not going to vote for the gop.
If I were a woman I would be smart enough to vote against anyone who wants to treat me as a second class citizen.
If I were a Black or Hispanic I would be smart enough to know I would not want to vote from a party that is trying to take my vote away.
If I were on the edge of the poverty line I would be smart enough to know not to vote for people who want to take food out of my mouth.
If I were living on Social Security I would not vote for a party that wants to cut Social Security.
If I had a pre-existing condition I would not vote for a party that wants to abolish ACA.
If I finally have been able to afford health insurance I would not vote for the party that wants to take that health insurance away.
If I were a Hispanic I would not vote for a party that wants to send friends of mine who have lived in this country for years back to Mexico.
If I were out of work through no fault of my own I would not vote for a party that wanted to cut unemployment benefits.
Now, if you were any of the above, would you vote for the gop because if you would it is probably you who have eaten the dirt and paint.

Hey, dumb dumb, in the past both the republican and Democratic parties worked for ALL Americans. Richard Nixon gave this country the EPA which protects and benefits all Americans. Exactly what has the gop given this country lately besides wars and a failed economy. As far as I am concerned the gop is for NOTHING but they are against equal pay for equal work, woman's rights, increases in the minimum wage, healthcare for all Americans, a sound immigration policy, helping the needy, and pretty much anything else that does not benefit the 1%.

The more I read your posts the more I believe you are a man without a party.

You seem to be a genuine Liberal.

But the Party you want to belong to no longer exists.

You are fighting for an ideal that the current Dems want you to believe they too are fighting for. They want your support all the while knowing you are not seeing them for what they truly are.

That was Obama's secret to victory.

If everyone knew what he really believed in he would have lost.

Just like if everyone really understood what Obamacare was all about it would have never gotten out of Congress.

More and more people are withdrawing their support of this administration every day as they learn, belatedly, the truth about who they supported these past 6 years.

Maybe your day will come tomorrow.

Until then I will not bash you because I see you are a sincere guy genuinely striving to find the truth.

:)

Naaaah, I'm a liberal. He's a progressive. Progressives are miserable scum bags. They want everybody's lives to be miserable, just like theirs.

Hey, dumb dumb, in the past both the republican and Democratic parties worked for ALL Americans. Richard Nixon gave this country the EPA which protects and benefits all Americans. Exactly what has the gop given this country lately besides wars and a failed economy. As far as I am concerned the gop is for NOTHING but they are against equal pay for equal work, woman's rights, increases in the minimum wage, healthcare for all Americans, a sound immigration policy, helping the needy, and pretty much anything else that does not benefit the 1%.

The more I read your posts the more I believe you are a man without a party.

You seem to be a genuine Liberal.

But the Party you want to belong to no longer exists.

You are fighting for an ideal that the current Dems want you to believe they too are fighting for. They want your support all the while knowing you are not seeing them for what they truly are.

That was Obama's secret to victory.

If everyone knew what he really believed in he would have lost.

Just like if everyone really understood what Obamacare was all about it would have never gotten out of Congress.

More and more people are withdrawing their support of this administration every day as they learn, belatedly, the truth about who they supported these past 6 years.

Maybe your day will come tomorrow.

Until then I will not bash you because I see you are a sincere guy genuinely striving to find the truth.

:)

Naaaah, I'm a liberal. He's a progressive. Progressives are miserable scum bags. They want everybody's lives to be miserable, just like theirs.
And GOD Bless You.
icon14.gif

How come I am not the least bit surprised that you are unable to see what is right in front of you. You condemn the government for not being able to do anything.
I THEN GIVE YOU A SHORT LIST OF WAYS THAT THE GOVERNMENT IS MAKING YOUR LIFE BETTER AND YOU ARE STILL TO BLIND TO SEE. What do I need to do, write the list on a 2" x 4" and smack you in the face a dozen times before you get the picture. That government you are condemning as not being able to do anything is helping your sorry ass dozens of times each day. You are so blind you can't even see it when it is pointed out to you.

Huuuummmm,,, So how about the MTBE debacle where CA made them put the oxygenate into the gasoline to clean the air over the protests of scientists like me? The net result was thousands of car fires, sick people (from the air they were breathing) and finally thousands of water wells that have had to be shuttered because they were contaminated.

MTBE controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How about the Tuskegee folks who were experimented on by the government?

CDC - NCHHSTP - Tuskegee Study - Timeline

Or how about the Serratia experiment in the Bay Area back in the 1950's?

Serratia has dark history in region / Army test in 1950 may have changed microbial ecology - SFGate

Or how about the recent EPA tests on people, all to push their agenda?

EPA Human Study Subjects

Or how about the "downwinders"?

Downwinders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How exactly did the government make these peoples lives better? Better at glowing at night? Or better at watching their cars burn? Or better at getting sick from the contaminated water?

You're a fucking progressive moron.... you're the type that no doubt felt the Japanese interment was good for them too. no doubt....

With the posting history of the op I don't believe for one second that he ever belonged to the gop. He is clearly a liar.

Just like Matthew, Rderp & Bucs

I left the gop because it has forgotten a very basic and important rule. That rule is that people (republican excluded) will vote for the candidate and party that makes their life better. They will not vote for a candidate or party that makes their life worse. Doing so would be stupidity in the extreme. The gop has forgotten this and believe that making peoples lives harder and more difficult is a winning plan.
If you are on the edge of poverty and fighting to survive each day are you going to vote for a candidate or party that wants to cut food stamps or welfare. And yes, you should get a job but what if that job is minimum wage. Or what if no jobs are available? Are you going to vote for the candidate who is against jobs bills and raising minimum wage? Are you going to vote for a candidate who wants to make sure you are denied medical care? The bottom line is you will vote for the candidate and party that makes your life better.
Just for the hell of it I have posted a segment of the republican party platform from the Eisenhower years. Think of what the republican party was for then and what it is for now.
"We shall continue vigorously to support the United Nations."

"Continuance of the vigorous SEC policies which are providing maximum protection to the investor and maximum opportunity for the financing of small business without costly red tape."

"The record of performance of the Republican Administration on behalf of our working men and women goes still further. The Federal minimum wage has been raised for more than 2 million workers. Social Security has been extended to an additional 10 million workers and the benefits raised for 6 1/2 million."

"All workers have gained and unions have grown in strength and responsibility, and have increased their membership by 2 millions."

"Assure equal pay for equal work regardless of Sex;"

"We recommend to Congress the submission of a constitutional amendment providing equal rights for men and women."

"We shall continue to seek extension and perfection of a sound social security system."

Read more:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/1681168-1956-republican-platform-what-happened-eisenhowers.html#ixzz2xqqVQApo

The republican party of today is against almost EVERY ONE of these positions. Is it any wonder only about 25% of Americans consider themselves republicans. Oh, and I should point out that number is getting smaller.

:welcome: ron, you are the 537 douche bag to post his "I used to be a republican" bullshit.

A bit early to be a fucking moron for this election cycle, dontcha think?
I am currently a registered republican who has not voted republican since the party started to leave me around Reagan's presidency.
Now, I work hard to not call people names but since you have proven not to have the manners of a gnat by calling me a "douche bag" and a "fucking moron", I will break my policy.
KISS MY BROWNSPOT YOU RANCID BAG OF DOG VOMIT.
Are we even or do you want to play some more? I can do this all day if you wish. Your call!!

This is awesome, not only are you lying about having been a rep, you are claiming to be a Reagan Republican.

:lol:

sadly, there's people here, that have pulled your stunt before, we all know that you have never supported freedom, you are a big government tyranny supporting anti-freedom democrat and probably a lowly progressive.

If not for the large font, you'd be entertaining as well.

But keep the lies going, you are giving rdean and joeB a run for the head liars spot.

Frank, if I were a minimum wage employee I would be smart enough to know I am not going to vote for the gop. Why? You think people can't work their way up and don't want them to.
If I were a woman I would be smart enough to vote against anyone who wants to treat me as a second class citizen. Since this is a lie, it' proves, again, you were never in the gop
If I were a Black or Hispanic I would be smart enough to know I would not want to vote from a party that is trying to take my vote away. another lie
If I were on the edge of the poverty line I would be smart enough to know not to vote for people who want to take food out of my mouth. another lie. spending creates debt, debt devalues the dollar, and devalued dollar makes it harder to live creating more poor people.
If I were living on Social Security I would not vote for a party that wants to cut Social Security. but you'd vote for the people that stole from it.
If I had a pre-existing condition I would not vote for a party that wants to abolish ACA. you support government tyranny, clearly you hate freedom
If I finally have been able to afford health insurance I would not vote for the party that wants to take that health insurance away. then you can't vote dnc, since they want the Fed to run it all.
If I were a Hispanic I would not vote for a party that wants to send friends of mine who have lived in this country for years back to Mexico. you mean you are against sending criminals away? quell surprise.
If I were out of work through no fault of my own I would not vote for a party that wanted to cut unemployment benefits. If you can't find a job in 6 months, you aren't fucking looking.

you are nothing but a dnc hack parrot.

calling you a degenerate liar is a complement

Two points here one I have noticed people who start post with I left this party because insert reason are the ones most full of shit two anyone voting for a politician or party based on the idea they will make your life better are naive and foolish to put nicely.

Two points here one I have noticed people who start post with I left this party because insert reason are the ones most full of shit two anyone voting for a politician or party based on the idea they will make your life better are naive and foolish to put nicely.

Name the first world government that doesn't have a respectable federal government regulating and protecting its citizens??? Your belief system wants to turn the most successful nation with one of the top science sectors into a third world shithole.

Who's the sane one?

Last edited:

actually, they would do it, if the government or tv told them to

We'd all be eating paint and breathing dirty air if it wasn't for regulating corporations not too. We've learn this the hard way earlier last century!

You can see this occurring in China!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back