Somewhere in Texas a pickup awaits...

Holder, during a speech to the Urban League in Philadelphia, said that based on evidence of racial discrimination presented last year in a redistricting case in Texas, "we believe that the state of Texas should be required to go through a preclearance process whenever it changes its voting laws and practices."

True.

The gerrymandering and voter ‘ID’ laws alone justify the filing.

Right, they didn't do the gerrymandering in a manner to satisfy the commies so it was all wrong and discriminatory, affirmative action districts are the only ones acceptable.

when has an AG ever been more of a racist?

when has any administration ever been more racist?

welcome to Zimbabwe

Ya we were probably more rascist than now for the vast majority of our country's existance. People were bought and sold for over a hundred years in the USA before during and to a lesser extent after the Civil War. I spoz many of you don't think of slavery as "rascist". I do. Many if not most Americans were clearly rascist well into the 20th century and even now there are obviously some that still cling to a rascist mentality.

I'm rascist. I truly believe that Irish are the best variation in human developement. If you do not agree with me ..SUCK IT!!!
The united states is probaly the only country that fought a war to end slavery. Most country's or empire's fought wars to keep or gain slaves. We fought to end it. So get off your racist high horse and retire the race card. There are still slaves in the world as we speak. Worry about your bratha's and sista's that are still slaves. The problem today is the tax payers are paying you to sit on your ass and complain how bad you got it. Instead of actually working for a living.

Holder does not treat Texas as we would like to be treated...so we return the favor.

Obviously you’re ignorant of the illegal and un-Constitutional redistricting gerrymandering Texas republicans use to exhibit their disdain for minority voters:

On the congressional map, DOJ noted that the D.C. court had found “more evidence of discriminatory intent than [the Court had] space, or need to, to address," and pointed, in particular, to treatment of Hispanics in CD-23 and that of the African-American and Hispanic communities in the DFW Metroplex as being highly influenced by discriminatory intent.

In the case of CD-23, the department’s brief said:

The contours of District 23 reflect a concerted effort to minimize Hispanic voter registration and turnout levels while preserving Hispanic population majorities - a purely superficial victory for Hispanic voters. Precincts are deliberately split along the border of Congressional District 23 without political data, in a manner that establishes a statistically significant racial bias. District 23 divided Maverick County and the City of Eagle Pass just after the Hispanic community there had become more politically active, and even the State’s expert admitted before this Court that he would ‘not recommend changing the 23rd in the way in which it was changed.

In the Metroplex, the brief cited not only to the “lightning-bolt shape of District 26" - which DOJ called “a particularly egregious configuration, capturing much of the Hispanic population of Tarrant County - from both whole and partial precincts - and appending that population to primarily Anglo Denton County" - but also to the “packing" of CD-30:

To prevent the emergence of a new district in the Metroplex in which minority voters would have the ability to elect representatives of their choice, the State increased the combined black and Hispanic population of District 30 - the sole minority ability district in the region - from an already concentrated 81.1% to a remarkable 85.9%.

TEXAS REDISTRICTING & ELECTION LAW

Texas is treated exactly as it deserves, Texas republicans have only themselves to blame, not Holder.

Holder, during a speech to the Urban League in Philadelphia, said that based on evidence of racial discrimination presented last year in a redistricting case in Texas, "we believe that the state of Texas should be required to go through a preclearance process whenever it changes its voting laws and practices."

True.

The gerrymandering and voter ‘ID’ laws alone justify the filing.

Nope. Gerrymandering and Voter ID bullshit are not exclusive to the Deep South, and so the Deep South should not be singled out for special handling. Their bullshit should be handled in court the exact same way everyone else has to deal with this crap.

Holder is wrong.

See cited in post #23.

Holder has substantial evidence, justification, and a very strong case.

One thing we seem to have discovered here is this administration does not consider the Supreme Court to be the final say in the country on legal issues unless of course it rules in it's favor as it did with Obamacare otherwise they seem willing to go to pretty much any length to circumvent the High Court.

I don't get the "pickup awaits" part.

I do and it's bull shit. That's no way to start a serious discussion.

Lighten up Mona...headlines are written for attention.

That's a sick thing to say and you know it (or maybe you don't). The implication is that Holder (a black man) should be dragged behind a pickup because you don't like him.

Just like this guy:

James Byrd, Jr. (May 2, 1949 – June 7, 1998) was an African-American who was murdered by three men, of whom at least two were white supremacists, in Jasper, Texas, on June 7, 1998. Shawn Berry, Lawrence Russell Brewer, and John King dragged Byrd for three miles behind a pick-up truck along an asphalt road. Byrd, who remained conscious throughout most of the ordeal, was killed when his body hit the edge of a culvert, severing his right arm and head. The murderers drove on for another mile before dumping his torso in front of an African-American cemetery in Jasper.

I do and it's bull shit. That's no way to start a serious discussion.

Lighten up Mona...headlines are written for attention.

That's a sick thing to say and you know it (or maybe you don't). The implication is that Holder (a black man) should be dragged behind a pickup because you don't like him.

Just like this guy:

James Byrd, Jr. (May 2, 1949 – June 7, 1998) was an African-American who was murdered by three men, of whom at least two were white supremacists, in Jasper, Texas, on June 7, 1998. Shawn Berry, Lawrence Russell Brewer, and John King dragged Byrd for three miles behind a pick-up truck along an asphalt road. Byrd, who remained conscious throughout most of the ordeal, was killed when his body hit the edge of a culvert, severing his right arm and head. The murderers drove on for another mile before dumping his torso in front of an African-American cemetery in Jasper.

So...that's what the OP was referring to. He IS a Texan.

I was born and raised in TX. Thankfully, I escaped that shithole almost 20 yrs ago. People like the op are why TX sucks. That and the heat.

I was born and raised in TX. Thankfully, I escaped that shithole almost 20 yrs ago. People like the op are why TX sucks. That and the heat.

As someone else who was born raised and still lives in Texas and does not consider it a shit hole I would like to say thanks for leaving.

Since a couple of People have chosen to reference James Byrd I trust you also know what the State of Texas did to the three men who did this in case you don't Lawrence Russell Brewer was executed by lethal injection John King remains on Texas' death row while his appeals are pending and Shawn Berry was sentenced to life imprisonment for the record he should have gotten death as well.

Holder is trying to look like he's doing something so it won't be so bad when he has to announce that there will be no Zimmerman prosecution.

Since a couple of People have chosen to reference James Byrd I trust you also know what the State of Texas did to the three men who did this in case you don't Lawrence Russell Brewer was executed by lethal injection John King remains on Texas' death row while his appeals are pending and Shawn Berry was sentenced to life imprisonment for the record he should have gotten death as well.

Thank goodness for the Rule of Law.

I am aware of that. But does that makes it ok for the op to imply that the AG should suffer the same fate as James Byrd?

Forum List

Back