Sonic and Chili's Get On the Bandwagon

And tell the gun lovers to stay out of their restaurants!

Chili’s and Sonic became the latest national chains to wade into the gun debate on Friday, announcing in apparently coordinated statements that firearms are no longer welcome in their restaurants.

“We recognize that the open carry of firearms creates an uncomfortable atmosphere and is not permitted under many local liquor laws,” Ashley Johnson, a spokeswoman for Chili's' parent company, Brinker International, said in an email. “So, we kindly ask that guests refrain from openly carrying firearms into our restaurants and we will continue to follow state and local laws on this issue.”

Good for them for standing up to the NRA bullies!

I'm wondering if the day will come when establishments post a sign that say you
need to be openly gay to be served?

Libs want that day to come sooner rather then later I'm sure! :badgrin:

What an absolutely ridiculous statement.

i don't give a fuck what the restaurant does. i do care what my happen to me. seriously, why are you clowns so willing to lie down and allow this type of behavior to happen, which only leads to it happening more? if you want ot be a statistic thats your call. don't expect me to follow in your stupidity

You're absolutely right. That's why people MUST call 911 when they see some bozo with a gun.

I care about my own and my family's safety. If we let the nutters have their way, more and more innocent people will be killed.

16617_10151205510904296_1916430268_n_zpsbf2635f1.jpg

i don't give a fuck what the restaurant does. i do care what my happen to me. seriously, why are you clowns so willing to lie down and allow this type of behavior to happen, which only leads to it happening more? if you want ot be a statistic thats your call. don't expect me to follow in your stupidity

You're absolutely right. That's why people MUST call 911 when they see some bozo with a gun.

I care about my own and my family's safety. If we let the nutters have their way, more and more innocent people will be killed.

16617_10151205510904296_1916430268_n_zpsbf2635f1.jpg

why? its legal to carry a gun. why call 911 for something that is legal? would you call 911 if you saw two guys kiss because it upset you? some guy carrying a gun open carry is not likely to be robbing the sonic. the robber will more than likely have an illegal gun your back ground checks did nothing to stop, concealled.

Someone at the link asked -

Would love to know how many of those guys with an assault rifle strapped to their back had the courage to carry one into combat

Another answered -

Slim to none.

They're phony heroes, like the assholes on the boarder.

I don't want to be around when they finally get their chance to prove how brave they are.

Another comment - What about the employees? Why sould they be endangered for less than minium wage? And, does the business insurance cover them when Mighty Mouse wounds or kills them?

Someone at the link asked -

Would love to know how many of those guys with an assault rifle strapped to their back had the courage to carry one into combat

Another answered -

Slim to none.

They're phony heroes, like the assholes on the boarder.

I don't want to be around when they finally get their chance to prove how brave they are.

Another comment - What about the employees? Why sould they be endangered for less than minium wage? And, does the business insurance cover them when Mighty Mouse wounds or kills them?

so what you're saying is they are not really a threat to anyone and won't be killing anyone.

You do not have a right to endanger everyone in a restaurant.

So many stupid arguments from both sides in this thread and this post is one of them.

Starting a shootout with a robber endangers the lives of everyone in a restaurant. The lives of everyone in the restaurant are much safer with a policy of no guns allowed and just handing over the insured cash to the thief.

I am sorry this concept is above your ability to comprehend.

Allowing gun toting yahoos to openly carry a gun in a restaurant increases the chances of a shootout. A gun toting yahoo does not have the right to endanger the lives of everyone in a restaurant.

I am equally sorry this concept is above your ability to comprehend.

If a robber or a crazy starts shooting people and no 'yahoo' is there to shoot back, he can shoot people until he runs out of ammo.

Gun owners are afraid to be out in public unless armed to the teeth

I have a conceal carry and rarely ever go out with a gun.

What do you think is going to happen? You'll be personally assaulted? Intercept a crime and be the "good guy with the gun"? Have you had military or police training so that you won't shoot yourself in the foot or an innocent bystander?

Or are you just a TOOL of the NRA?

Chili’s and Sonic became the latest national chains to wade into the gun debate on Friday, announcing in apparently coordinated statements that firearms are no longer welcome in their restaurants.

“We recognize that the open carry of firearms creates an uncomfortable atmosphere and is not permitted under many local liquor laws,” Ashley Johnson, a spokeswoman for Chili's' parent company, Brinker International, said in an email. “So, we kindly ask that guests refrain from openly carrying firearms into our restaurants and we will continue to follow state and local laws on this issue.”

It just kills you that they got to make their own choice, doesn't it?

Isn't it interesting that the left will have a fit if a business violates what they think are a persons rights, but only certain rights.

I think there is a term for that. Starts with a H I think.

Yuck! Both of those places suck, but even if I went there, they would never know I was carrying so it's pretty fucking stupid.

Sonic and Chili's. Two choke holes.

That being said, it is their right to ban firearms. Though I find it amusing that Sonic would do so, as all of their restaurants are drive-ins... Well, they have a couple of tables out front...

It would be interesting to see them try to search a car before taking an order...

Good for Chilis and Sonic, I'll reward them with my business.

BUT, this wont affect redneck gun nuts much.

Now...if Old Country Buffett or Waffle House ban guns??? Right wingers may starve to death!

I said it before

If someone is carrying a concealed handgun you would never know.

So chances are there are still people in Chili's packing heat

Forum List

Back