One always has to ruin it for others

WRONG! Guns were invented to send a projectile downrange. The choice and purpose for sending it downrange belongs to a human.
That's is incorrect and your rationalization is beyond stupid.

I am absolutely correct and your fear doesn't change that.
It's not fear little man, I own guns. I use them as intended, to kill things, and they're really good at doing so, which is why humans invented them.

Absolutely. Everyone has weapons in their homes, kitchen knives for instance. Yet guns are demonized, but kitchen knives are not. Blind fear has a double standard.

In my home, a kitchen knife is for cutting food. It is not a weapon. And that is true in almost all homes. Guns have only one purpose, to injure or kill. Comparing a gun to a kitchen knife is a false analogy.

Then carry a kitchen knife in line at Wal-Mart or Chipotle so everyone can see it.

Again the point will be that no one knows if you are enemy or friendly. You will make news.

"No, I was just carrying this kitchen knife in my hand in case someone tried to stab me in line."

I mean, Wal-Mart shoppers are all Ordinary people, (R)ight?

A Samuri Sword would probably be as effective in the close confines of a Chipolte.

I wonder if Esse uses one to cut carrots?

If so, then I guess it cannot be compared to a gun.

More likely, the clientele would reasonably conclude that they must be in danger from a fire in the restaurant. After all, why else would you be carrying a fire extinguisher?

Now replace the fire extinguisher with the gun.

Bob's your uncle, thanks for playin'.

You really aren't as smart as you think. Restaurants are required by law to have fire extinguishers, so that safety issue really isn't. Bob's YOUR uncle, thanks for playing.

We have the right to carry our weapons. We have the right to defend ourselves. chipotle has the right to set themselves up for robbery and worse, and we have the right not to go there.

We still live in a free nation. Get over it.

You saying you're never gonna goto Chipotle because of this stores policy against openly carrying long guns?
Yup.

I'll go to chick fil A instead.

Why?

You really aren't as smart as you think. Restaurants are required by law to have fire extinguishers, so that safety issue really isn't. Bob's YOUR uncle, thanks for playing.

We have the right to carry our weapons. We have the right to defend ourselves. chipotle has the right to set themselves up for robbery and worse, and we have the right not to go there.

You saying you're never gonna goto Chipotle because of this stores policy against openly carrying long guns?
Yup.

I'll go to chick fil A instead.

Why?

I just think that's pretty petty

Some policies irritate me more than others.

Screw chipotle. They've made their opinion of me perfectly clear, why on earth would I eat at an establishment that openly despises me, and stupidly advertises their vulnerability to criminal attack? Aside from the fact that they piss me off, I wouldn't feel safe.

Screw chipotle. They've made their opinion of me perfectly clear, why on earth would I eat at an establishment that openly despises me, and stupidly advertises their vulnerability to criminal attack? Aside from the fact that they piss me off, I wouldn't feel safe.
Most of their other customers, and their attorneys, believe that people like you are what make them unsafe. I'm sure Bubba's Guns and Gumbo will be only too happy to have you as a new customer.

Openly despises you? Lol you a hypochondriac too?

Personally, I'm not a big fan of open carry.

It's no secret that exposed guns make folks nervous.

Maybe 10 years ago I stopped carrying my guns in the gun rack of my truck.

I have a Eastwing ax and a pool cue in there instead.

The guns go behind the seat now...not because I have to, but I know there are folks opposed to guns and hunting, and I don't feel the need to rub folks noses in it.

That said, I won't be spending my money at Chipolte Grill either.

They made a choice...I make I choice.

Every time you pick up a gun in that situation, it is kill or be killed. That's all guns are designed to do, kill something.
That's like saying every time you pick up a bat it is kill or be killed. That's all bats are designed to do, break someone's skull. You're projecting your murderous desires on others.

That's nonsense. What's a bat for? Now what's a gun for? We don't send our soldiers to war, with bats.

Have you seen my knock-around gun? http://www.usmessageboard.com/firearms/293714-knock-around-gun.html

It's an NEF Parder single shot 12 gauge...it goes damn near everywhere I go in a vehicle.

On the stock mounted side-saddle there are two less-than-lethal rubber slugs, two OO buckshots, a slug and a flare round.

I can CHOOSE whether my firearm is lethal or not, depending on the situation.

Last edited:
Great point!

Say you carried an Industrial Fire Extinguisher into a Chipotle............

You are free to do so, yes. But to every other person in the building you would look like a crazy person that doesn't know what AMERICA is. ...

More likely, the clientele would reasonably conclude that they must be in danger from a fire in the restaurant. After all, why else would you be carrying a fire extinguisher?

Now replace the fire extinguisher with the gun.

Bob's your uncle, thanks for playin'.

Uhhh... that post isn't about "rights", Lady Einstein. It's about what the public's reasonable reaction would be in a given situation. So other than being utterly unrelated in any way -- good point.

YaeXR.gif

That's like saying every time you pick up a bat it is kill or be killed. That's all bats are designed to do, break someone's skull. You're projecting your murderous desires on others.

That's nonsense. What's a bat for? Now what's a gun for? We don't send our soldiers to war, with bats.

In a fight or at war, a bat or gun is for killing. When hunting a gun is for shooting game. When plinking, a gun is for recreation and/or competition. When used to shoot intruders a gun is for self-defense. When used to shoot predators a gun is for protecting your family, animals, etc.

But mostly a gun and a bat are inanimate objects used by a user to propel a projectile and apply force to a target.

The last sentence is a fair description. But only one of those objects is designed to propel that projectile with any accuracy. I mean I'm pretty good with a bat but all I can do is aim the ball in a general direction and hope for luck.

And I'm pretty sure the miilitary doesn't issue bats unless it's fielding a baseball team.

Chipotle despises logical fallacies? :eusa_think: I had no idea. I'll have to check 'em out.
Might be nice to talk post hoc with a comely waitress while I ask why they don't have red herring.

In a fight or at war, a bat or gun is for killing. When hunting a gun is for shooting game. When plinking, a gun is for recreation and/or competition. When used to shoot intruders a gun is for self-defense. When used to shoot predators a gun is for protecting your family, animals, etc.

But mostly a gun and a bat are inanimate objects used by a user to propel a projectile and apply force to a target.
Guns were invented to kill. That's all they are for.

No matter how many times you repeat the same stupid statement, it's still stupid!

You forgot: the food isn't very good.

The objective would be to neutralize the intruder so he doesn't hurt or kill you.
Every time you pick up a gun in that situation, it is kill or be killed. That's all guns are designed to do, kill something.

That's is incorrect and your rationalization is beyond stupid.
I am absolutely correct and your fear doesn't change that.
It's not fear little man, I own guns. I use them as intended, to kill things, and they're really good at doing so, which is why humans invented them.

Like I said [MENTION=47594]PaintMyHouse[/MENTION] is projecting his murderous desires on others. He can't even think about guns without thinking about killing things.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back