One always has to ruin it for others

If I didn't have a gun with me, I would go for the sharp kitchen knife.
A baseball bat would be a much better choice, after calling the cops.

The point is, if you need to try and kill someone, the choice is obvious, and it's not a knife.
The objective would be to neutralize the intruder so he doesn't hurt or kill you.
Every time you pick up a gun in that situation, it is kill or be killed. That's all guns are designed to do, kill something.

There's an abundance of euphemisms populating posts lately. "Neutralize"... "tools"...

Hopefully when a thug comes in and shoots up the place, one of the wounded patrons will be smart enough to sue them for putting up a retarded sign advertising their vulnerability to criminal attack.

People NAMELY KOSHERGIRL need to stop posting that people are scared of guns. The statement is BLATANTLY stupid and pretty irrelevant. You bitch when fags call you homophobic so just stop calling people gun phobics, it's DUMB

The point is, if you need to try and kill someone, the choice is obvious, and it's not a knife.
The objective would be to neutralize the intruder so he doesn't hurt or kill you.
Every time you pick up a gun in that situation, it is kill or be killed. That's all guns are designed to do, kill something.

No, all a gun is designed to do is fire a projectile. It's the HUMAN that decides how to use that tool and it's the human that bears all the responsibility for what happens.

People NAMELY KOSHERGIRL need to stop posting that people are scared of guns. The statement is BLATANTLY stupid and pretty irrelevant. You bitch when fags call you homophobic so just stop calling people gun phobics, it's DUMB

She is correct, though. Some people are irrationally afraid of firearms, as if their mere presence creates a danger. A firearm in and of itself is not dangerous. It's the person that uses it that is the danger.

So these guys carried Assault "style" rifles into a Chipotle because they wanted to shoot predators and dinner?

I think your comment made it's own point.

I'm not those guys. I don't speak for those guys. Do you know those guys? Do you speak for those guys? Does anyone on this board know them or why they had guns at the time? Were they perhaps on their way back from firing range and did not want to leave their guns in the car? Either way I don't get why you folks think they were carrying guns cause they were afraid of anything.

I have no idea what point you think was made by my comment. We shoot cougars, rattlesnakes, large boar, ... Perhaps you'd prefer we throw stones at em.

Fair point, that's possible. But if so it demonstrates a serious lack of awareness. Rather than malicious intent what you're suggesting is negligence. Dubious as a rationalization.

A rifle is a rifle. What does it matter if it's an olympic athlete carrying their rifle over their shoulder while, shock buying food, or a couple guys with guns? It's not against the law, and it's not malicious, nor is it negligence to be carrying a rifle. Or was this one of those anti-rifle locations?

You folks that are scared to death of guns... need to grow a pair.

That's like saying every time you pick up a bat it is kill or be killed. That's all bats are designed to do, break someone's skull. You're projecting your murderous desires on others.

She is correct, though. Some people are irrationally afraid of firearms, as if their mere presence creates a danger. A firearm in and of itself is not dangerous. It's the person that uses it that is the danger.

So why shouldn't you be concerned about what a person that you don't know might do with his/her firearm?
You don't know their state of mind, level of training, personality...

A concern at being surrounded by armed strangers seems pretty rational to me.

So why shouldn't you be concerned about what a person that you don't know might do with his/her firearm?

So, they've made no threatening gesture or pointed the weapon at anyone and yet you feel you should be afraid? Would you feel the same if you were surrounded by people of a different race?

I don't know one single person who FEARS firearms. Not one. Not even on this site. Some are against them yes, but you don't argue that with "nanananabooboo"

So, they've made no threatening gesture or pointed the weapon at anyone and yet you feel you should be afraid? Would you feel the same if you were surrounded by people of a different race?

Terrible argument. Let's take the Colorado theater shooter, what if someone in the parking lot saw him go back in with them after he propped the side door? Should the have blindly trusted him as an innocent person just randomly carrying firearms into the movie?
Where I live I have NEVER seen a gun slung over someone's shoulder as they entered a fast food restaurant. And if I did you can bet your ass as an intelligent individual I would exercise caution.

I don't know one single person who FEARS firearms. Not one. Not even on this site. Some are against them yes, but you don't argue that with "nanananabooboo"

I'm sorry, but from the arguments I see, that's the only conclusion that can be drawn. And, while you seem to believe that "nanananabooboo" is used as a counter argument, that's all I see from the anti-gun people. "They took their guns in a restaurant" as if that's the ultimate sin.

I'm sorry, but from the arguments I see, that's the only conclusion that can be drawn. And, while you seem to believe that "nanananabooboo" is used as a counter argument, that's all I see from the anti-gun people. "They took their guns in a restaurant" as if that's the ultimate sin.

You're a lying hypocritical sack of shit coward who tosses negs and PMs while turning your own PMs off. So take this as public notice asshole, you're being put on ignore. That means you WILL stop spamming my inbox immediately --- loser.

Terrible argument. Let's take the Colorado theater shooter, what if someone in the parking lot saw him go back in with them after he propped the side door? Should the have blindly trusted him as an innocent person just randomly carrying firearms into the movie?
Where I live I have NEVER seen a gun slung over someone's shoulder as they entered a fast food restaurant. And if I did you can bet your ass as an intelligent individual I would exercise caution.

Where I live, I've seen people carry firearms slung over their shoulders as they walk down the street without incident. I once had a car accident and ended up having to carry my firearm to a business to call for roadside assistance because the car couldn't be secured. According to you, everyone should have considered me a threat when I was really in need of assistance. I pity you for having to live in such fear.

Where did race come into this?

One of the main reasons cited for carrying firearms is self defence.
Who's the more afraid - me unarmed, or someone who won't leave the house without an arsenal?

Where I live, I've seen people carry firearms slung over their shoulders as they walk down the street without incident. I once had a car accident and ended up having to carry my firearm to a business to call for roadside assistance because the car couldn't be secured. According to you, everyone should have considered me a threat when I was really in need of assistance. I pity you for having to live in such fear.

And yet you toss spam PMs with your own turned off.

What level of pity should we feel for you then, coward?

Who's the more afraid - me unarmed, or someone who won't leave the house without an arsenal?

I believe you are more afraid, for you fear that there are people all around you with arsenals.

I believe you are more afraid, for you fear that there are people all around you with arsenals.

Exactly the same back at you - why else would you feel the need to protect yourself?
'Fraidy cat!

Here we go again. FEAR is not a part of this discussion. Furthermore why did you pos rep me for that post and tell me good argument and then reply with this?

When did exercising caution and alertness become fear? Did I fall down a rabbit hole at some point and not notice?

Forum List

Back