One always has to ruin it for others

"
North Carolina restaurant The Pit was robbed at gunpoint on Sunday. Normally, local crime stories like this wouldn't merit a Townhall post, but this one is different: The Pit has a "no weapons" sign displayed prominently on its door declaring the restaurant a gun-free zone, and bans patrons from carrying concealed weapons. "

9.jpg

NC Restaurant With "No Weapons" Sign Robbed at Gunpoint - Christine Rousselle

While we don't know if a CCW holder might have stopped the robbery, what that does illustrate beyond a shadow of a doubt is that criminals don't follow the law, nor respect signs. The Left seems to want everyone in a position to be victimized because the Left is made up of cowardly people for whom the sight of a firearm is as terrifying as being robbed and assaulted.

A gun isn't a weapon until it's used as one. It can be used as decoration or as a hunting tool or as a recreational tool.
True. A similar analogy can be made in regards to kitchen knives.

Only if you want to play with language to the point where the word "tool" means a cuisine processor over here, yet means "weapon" over there with the same word...

A golf club or a glass bottle or an icicle can be used as a weapon. But not when used for what they're designed for. That's not true for a firearm, since that's exactly what it's designed for.

Kind of a weird paradox to on one hand claim firearms are for self-protection and in the next breath deny that they even have that capability. One argument undermines the other.
For those who use guns soley for recreation or sport such as target shooting, the gun in no way represents a weapon the same way a kitchen knife would not.

Only if you want to play with language to the point where the word "tool" means a cuisine processor over here, yet means "weapon" over there with the same word...

A golf club or a glass bottle or an icicle can be used as a weapon. But not when used for what they're designed for. That's not true for a firearm, since that's exactly what it's designed for.

Kind of a weird paradox to on one hand claim firearms are for self-protection and in the next breath deny that they even have that capability. One argument undermines the other.
For those who use guns soley for recreation or sport such as target shooting, the gun in no way represents a weapon the same way a kitchen knife would not.

Don't you understand...if the Left acknowledges your argument, it loses its emotion based argument and they can't win on facts. So, they'll never admit the truth of your statement.

If someone is trying to break into your house, and you own a gun, are you going to run to the kitchen for a knife?

"
North Carolina restaurant The Pit was robbed at gunpoint on Sunday. Normally, local crime stories like this wouldn't merit a Townhall post, but this one is different: The Pit has a "no weapons" sign displayed prominently on its door declaring the restaurant a gun-free zone, and bans patrons from carrying concealed weapons. "

9.jpg

While we don't know if a CCW holder might have stopped the robbery, what that does illustrate beyond a shadow of a doubt is that criminals don't follow the law, nor respect signs. The Left seems to want everyone in a position to be victimized because the Left is made up of cowardly people for whom the sight of a firearm is as terrifying as being robbed and assaulted.

Kind of ironic from a poster who throws negs around and then turns his messages off.

It IS what it's designed for -- to convey a projectile at a target.

Again, it's disingenuous to on one hand claim this "tool" is "for protection" and then immediately deny that it has any such capabilities. If it wasn't a weapon.... then it couldn't be used for "protection". You gotta pick a side here.

"

9.jpg

I've read posts on here where pro-gun people have said they carry their weapons with them and enter restaurants that have a no gun policy. It may not be the law they are breaking, but they have no more respect for such policies than the criminals do. What makes them better than the criminals? They disrespect the owner of the business and all the people working there and patronizing the place who believe it is gun free.

You are so off the mark about people who don't like guns. The main reason I don't like guns is because of gun nutters like you who will blast away at anything that moves because you are the ones who are afraid of your own shadows. If you weren't afraid, you wouldn't carry a gun. The people who don't need guns are the ones who are not living in fear. You would haul off and shoot a baby if you thought it was some kind of threat to you.

The sight of a gun doesn't scare me, but it annoys the hell out of me because I know whoever has it, criminal or 'responsible gun owner' (ha, ha), that person is off his nut and just can't wait to blow someone away or is too stupid to control the violent weapon he has and will inadvertantly hurt or kill someone. It is like giving a baby a balloon to chew on: it's a deadly accident waiting to happen.

Last edited:

If someone is trying to break into your house, and you own a gun, are you going to run to the kitchen for a knife?
If someone is trying to break into your house and you do not own a gun, will you run into the kitchen for a knife?

If someone is trying to break into your house and you do not own a gun, will you run into the kitchen for a knife?
Nope. Now, be an honest man, and answer the question.

Again, it's disingenuous to on one hand claim this "tool" is "for protection" and then immediately deny that it has any such capabilities. If it wasn't a weapon.... then it couldn't be used for "protection". You gotta pick a side here.
Guns are multi purpose tools just like knives and just like knives, they are a part of our household. If in the wrong hands, both are deadly weapons.

Except the meme that gun nuts blast away at anything is just that...a meme.

The truth of the matter is, you are less likely to be shot by an armed civilian who is shooting a bad guy than you are likely to be shot by a cop who is shooting at a bad guy.

You cowardly people are unbelievable. I honestly don't know why anybody would BOTHER to protect people who so obviously want to be victimized and loathe the very people who stand between them and a violent and unpleasant death.

It depends on the time of day. If it were during the day, I would guess that a neighbor or friend is simply trying to open the door as they do sometimes. If it were happening while we were asleep at night, then chances are an armed intruder is likely attempting to break into my home, and I would ask my wife to call 911 while I get two of our guns ready.

One time while we're were asleep, we heard a loud crash coming from our backyard which woke us up. The Mrs called 911 while I turned on the lights and took my glock 19 handgun with me to investigate. When I got to the backyard, the BBQ was knocked over on it's side. Someone had attempted to steal it but was scared off once I turned on the lights. Officers arrived shortly after while I was still in my backyard. They insisted I head back inside while they look around and reassured me that no one was going to break into my home. They never caught the suspect(s).

Guns are multi purpose tools just like knives and just like knives, they are a part of our household. If in the wrong hands, both are deadly weapons.

"Multi purpose"? Hard to see how; firing a projectile is pretty much firing a projectile.
I suppose you could, I dunno, dig a hole with a rifle or stir a ginormous cup of coffee, but it's not what it's designed for.

It depends on the time of day. If it were during the day, I would guess that a neighbor or friend is simply trying to open the door as they do sometimes. If it were happening while we were asleep at night, then chances are an armed intruder is likely attempting to break into my home, and I would ask my wife to call 911 while I get two of our guns ready.

One time while we're were asleep, we heard a loud crash coming from our backyard which woke us up. The Mrs called 911 while I turned on the lights and took my glock 19 handgun with me to investigate. When I got to the backyard, the BBQ was knocked over on it's side. Someone had attempted to steal it but was scared off once I turned on the lights. Officers arrived shortly after while I was still in my backyard. They insisted I head back inside while they look around and reassured me that no one was going to break into my home. They never caught the suspect(s).
So, you'd go for the gun, no mention of a knife, as expected.

So, you'd go for the gun, no mention of a knife, as expected.
If I didn't have a gun with me, I would go for the sharp kitchen knife.

"Multi purpose"? Hard to see how; firing a projectile is pretty much firing a projectile.
I suppose you could, I dunno, dig a hole with a rifle or stir a ginormous cup of coffee, but it's not what it's designed for.
True, guns fire a projectile at a target. Either a target at a shooting range or at an armed criminal. Knives cut things. Either food items or unfortunately sometimes people when they're victims of a stabbing. Thus both tools could be categorized as multi purpose tools.

We are not obliged to justify our desire to defend ourselves.

Screw that. I have a gun because I like guns. And I carry a gun because I can defend myself and my children with it. I'm less likely to shoot someone accidentally than I am to accidentally run someone over with my car.

Live with it. If you're afraid of guns, by all means, post signs all over the place advertising the fact that you aren't armed. Obviously, it's a really smart thing to do!

Last edited:
We are not obliged to justify our desire to defend ourselves.

Screw that. I have a gun because I like guns. And I carry a gun because I can defend myself and my children with it. I'm less likely to shoot someone accidentally than I am to accidentally run someone over with my car.

Live with it. If you're afraid of guns, by all means, post signs all over the place advertising the fact that you aren't armed. Obviously, it's a really smart thing to do!
The Jewish Calamity Jane has spoken. Thanks all the same, but keep it in your diaper bag. The restaurant doesn't want the wrongful death suit that will happen even if you manage to actually shoot the right person.

Forum List

Back