One always has to ruin it for others

What fearful little ducklings you morons are.

It makes me wonder how you can handle living in and among the violent criminals you surround yourselves with. It's like you're afraid of normal people, but admire the people who victimize you.

a recent survey indicated that about 45% of americans own a gun. most of these gun fearing jokers live next to someone who owns a gun. have they even been hurt by it? No. Yet they let blind fear rule their thoughts.
Absolutely. Everyone has weapons in their homes, kitchen knives for instance. Yet guns are demonized, but kitchen knives are not. Blind fear has a double standard.

It makes me wonder how you can handle living in and among the violent criminals you surround yourselves with. It's like you're afraid of normal people, but admire the people who victimize you.

a recent survey indicated that about 45% of americans own a gun. most of these gun fearing jokers live next to someone who owns a gun. have they even been hurt by it? No. Yet they let blind fear rule their thoughts.
Absolutely. Everyone has weapons in their homes, kitchen knives for instance. Yet guns are demonized, but kitchen knives are not. Blind fear has a double standard.

A kitchen knife isn't a weapon until it's used as one.

More to the point -- that's not what it's designed for.

Further, all Spoonman is doing is speculating affirmation ("they let blind fear rule their thoughts") of the previous poster's strawman, to wit: "It's like you're afraid of normal people".

Neither of those was established.

Last edited:
Obviously I ment Tabasco not Tobacco

Stupid auto correcting DUMBphone

A little nicotine with your meal will give you that extra "umph" to get you through the day. :lol:

For GMU:

tobacco-moonshine.jpg

Further, all Spoonman is doing is speculating affirmation ("they let blind fear rule their thoughts") of the previous poster's strawman, to wit: "It's like you're afraid of normal people".

A gun isn't a weapon until it's used as one. It can be used as decoration or as a hunting tool or as a recreational tool.

Really, as if you would actually be courteous enough to follow the rules in someone else's house.

Lol you think Templar likes guns. Bless your heart. In any case it has nothing to so with courtesy. It has to do with the law. Why anyone goes to Chipolte is beyond me. But they are in all 50 states. And in some of them Chipolte can't tell people they can't bring guns in. In those states people can do whatever they want no matter what the progressive pussified owners say.
Can churches be forced to allow people to open carry in their church? Should schools? Should hospitals?

If a restaurant allows open carry on their premises.... and someone carrying accidentally shoots an innocent bystander in their restaurant....can the bystander sue the restaurant owner?

If you wanna argue shoulda woulda coulda have at it. My post was quite clear.

Bahaha! Take a chefs kit onto a plane and see what you are charged with.

Why do so many people feel the need to carry guns because they fear strangers, but apparently feel comfortable sitting in a restaurant full of armed strangers?

Who do you know that carries guns because they fear strangers? Or are you just talking out your ass?

I carry guns to shoot predators and dinner.

So these guys carried Assault "style" rifles into a Chipotle because they wanted to shoot predators and dinner?

I think your comment made it's own point.

I'm not those guys. I don't speak for those guys. Do you know those guys? Do you speak for those guys? Does anyone on this board know them or why they had guns at the time? Were they perhaps on their way back from firing range and did not want to leave their guns in the car? Either way I don't get why you folks think they were carrying guns cause they were afraid of anything.

I have no idea what point you think was made by my comment. We shoot cougars, rattlesnakes, large boar, ... Perhaps you'd prefer we throw stones at em.

Chipotle: Don't bring guns in our stores: Associated Press Business News - MSN Money

NEW YORK (AP) - Chipotle is asking customers not to bring firearms into its stores after it says gun rights advocates brought military-style assault rifles into one of its restaurants in Texas.

The Denver-based company notes that it has traditionally complied with local laws regarding open and concealed firearms.

But in a statement Monday, the company said that "the display of firearms in our restaurants has now created an environment that is potentially intimidating or uncomfortable for many of our customers."

The announcement came after a petition by Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, which has called on other companies to ban firearms in their stores as well. The group said its petition was in reaction to open-carry gun activists appearing at a Dallas-area Chipotle restaurant over the weekend.

Erika Soto Lamb, a spokeswoman for the group, said she thought the move by Chipotle was a "bold statement," especially considering its previous stance of complying with local laws.

Many states allow people to carry licensed guns in some way, but some businesses exercise their right to ban firearms.

If someone carrying a firearm, that I could see, walked into any place I was, I'd leave immediately. They may have the legal right to have them, but I've got the right to not subject myself to their idiocy.

In my home, a kitchen knife is for cutting food. It is not a weapon. And that is true in almost all homes. Guns have only one purpose, to injure or kill. Comparing a gun to a kitchen knife is a false analogy.

Last edited:
"
North Carolina restaurant The Pit was robbed at gunpoint on Sunday. Normally, local crime stories like this wouldn't merit a Townhall post, but this one is different: The Pit has a "no weapons" sign displayed prominently on its door declaring the restaurant a gun-free zone, and bans patrons from carrying concealed weapons. "

9.jpg

NC Restaurant With "No Weapons" Sign Robbed at Gunpoint - Christine Rousselle

It is pure speculation that allowing customers to carry guns into the store would have prevented this armed robbery. There's no knowing if there would have been someone in the shop carrying a gun. Also, if someone had one, it doesn't mean he'd be able to stop the robbery. I've seen numerous YouTube videos where a shop owner had a gun which the robber wrestled from him. I saw a TV program which staged a scenario where someone in a public place was allowed a concealed gun and tried to intervene in a robbery/assault. The staged event was tried over and over on various pro-gun people; it was found over and over that the 'citizen' carrying a weapon was unable to stop the crime for various reason, like not being able to react in a timely fashion, getting the gun from the holster fast enough, not being able to get a clear shot, etc. The idea that people carrying around guns in public places is going to prevent much crime or stop much crime is a pro-gun enthusiast’s fantasy.

Last edited:
"
North Carolina restaurant The Pit was robbed at gunpoint on Sunday. Normally, local crime stories like this wouldn't merit a Townhall post, but this one is different: The Pit has a "no weapons" sign displayed prominently on its door declaring the restaurant a gun-free zone, and bans patrons from carrying concealed weapons. "

9.jpg

NC Restaurant With "No Weapons" Sign Robbed at Gunpoint - Christine Rousselle

It is pure speculation that allowing customers to carry guns into the store would have prevented this armed robbery. There's no knowing if there would have been someone in the shop carrying an gun. Also, if someone had one, it doesn't mean he'd be able to stop the robbery. I've seen numerous YouTube videos where a shop owner had a gun which the robber wrestled from him. I saw a TV program which staged a scenario where someone in a public place was allowed a concealed gun and tried to intervene in a robbery/assault. The staged event was tried over and over on various pro-gun people; it was found over and over that the 'citizen' carrying a weapon was unable to stop the crime for various reason, like not being able to react in a timely fashion, getting the gun from the holster fast enough, not being able to get a clear shot, etc. The idea that people carrying around guns in public places is going to prevent much crime or stop much crime is a pro-gun enthusiasts fantasy.

wow.... just wow You saw it on you tube only criminals know how to use guns so everyone else should just bend over and take it. How long have you been holding up liquor stores?

It is pure speculation that allowing customers to carry guns into the store would have prevented this armed robbery. There's no knowing if there would have been someone in the shop carrying an gun. Also, if someone had one, it doesn't mean he'd be able to stop the robbery. I've seen numerous YouTube videos where a shop owner had a gun which the robber wrestled from him. I saw a TV program which staged a scenario where someone in a public place was allowed a concealed gun and tried to intervene in a robbery/assault. The staged event was tried over and over on various pro-gun people; it was found over and over that the 'citizen' carrying a weapon was unable to stop the crime for various reason, like not being able to react in a timely fashion, getting the gun from the holster fast enough, not being able to get a clear shot, etc. The idea that people carrying around guns in public places is going to prevent much crime or stop much crime is a pro-gun enthusiasts fantasy.

Except no one speculated that lol. It is not speculation that saying hey we have no way to defend ourselves here increases your chances of being robbed.

A gun isn't a weapon until it's used as one. It can be used as decoration or as a hunting tool or as a recreational tool.
True. A similar analogy can be made in regards to kitchen knives.

Which is another way of saying a paintbrush isn't a paintbrush until it's dipped in paint. You're using "tool" here as a euphemism for 'weapon' - which is what it's designed for.

Nothing frustrates me more than people who speak from a position of knowledge...when they are incorrect.

Lol you think Templar likes guns. Bless your heart. In any case it has nothing to so with courtesy. It has to do with the law. Why anyone goes to Chipolte is beyond me. But they are in all 50 states. And in some of them Chipolte can't tell people they can't bring guns in. In those states people can do whatever they want no matter what the progressive pussified owners say.
Can churches be forced to allow people to open carry in their church? Should schools? Should hospitals?

If a restaurant allows open carry on their premises.... and someone carrying accidentally shoots an innocent bystander in their restaurant....can the bystander sue the restaurant owner?

If you wanna argue shoulda woulda coulda have at it. My post was quite clear.

Bahaha! Take a chefs kit onto a plane and see what you are charged with.

I did take a pretty serious kitchen knife into an airport security line. Forgot it was there. But all I had used it on was some fruit, so unless you want to describe peeling fruit as "assault", it never became a weapon.

And no, I wasn't "charged with" anything, nor was that the point anyway.

That's two posts in a row that tried to dance around a simple straightforward definition...

Who do you know that carries guns because they fear strangers? Or are you just talking out your ass?

I carry guns to shoot predators and dinner.

So these guys carried Assault "style" rifles into a Chipotle because they wanted to shoot predators and dinner?

I think your comment made it's own point.

I'm not those guys. I don't speak for those guys. Do you know those guys? Do you speak for those guys? Does anyone on this board know them or why they had guns at the time? Were they perhaps on their way back from firing range and did not want to leave their guns in the car? Either way I don't get why you folks think they were carrying guns cause they were afraid of anything.

I have no idea what point you think was made by my comment. We shoot cougars, rattlesnakes, large boar, ... Perhaps you'd prefer we throw stones at em.

Fair point, that's possible. But if so it demonstrates a serious lack of awareness. Rather than malicious intent what you're suggesting is negligence. Dubious as a rationalization.

Except no one speculated that lol. It is not speculation that saying hey we have no way to defend ourselves here increases your chances of being robbed.

Yeah actually that's exactly what it is.

If you think it isn't -- show where the proof is. No proof? Speculation. Your premise is based on your own assumption of how a criminal would interpret that sign based on your own selective interpretation. "No weapons" doesn't have a verb; you're extrapolating the assumption it means "we have no weapons", which there would be no reason to point out. I read it as "we allow no weapons", which tells me they're aware of them and are specifically scanning for 'em. No other interpretation makes sense.

Last edited:

True. A similar analogy can be made in regards to kitchen knives.

Only if you want to play with language to the point where the word "tool" means a cuisine processor over here, yet means "weapon" over there with the same word...

A golf club or a glass bottle or an icicle can be used as a weapon. But not when used for what they're designed for. That's not true for a firearm, since that's exactly what it's designed for.

Kind of a weird paradox to on one hand claim firearms are for self-protection and in the next breath deny that they even have that capability. One argument undermines the other.

Forum List

Back