Sonic and Chili's Get On the Bandwagon

its still a violation of rights just the same. don't try telling me your rights are more important than mine

You do not have a right to endanger everyone in a restaurant.

So many stupid arguments from both sides in this thread and this post is one of them.

Starting a shootout with a robber endangers the lives of everyone in a restaurant. The lives of everyone in the restaurant are much safer with a policy of no guns allowed and just handing over the insured cash to the thief.

I am sorry this concept is above your ability to comprehend.

Allowing gun toting yahoos to openly carry a gun in a restaurant increases the chances of a shootout. A gun toting yahoo does not have the right to endanger the lives of everyone in a restaurant.

Last edited:
They can do whatever they want and we don't have to eat that crap.

2592181-0052420212-cryin.gif

I own weapons :) I don't give a shit about Sonic or Chillis.. so it doesn't really matter to me.. I never eat at either anyhow.

So many stupid arguments from both sides in this thread and this post is one of them.

Starting a shootout with a robber endangers the lives of everyone in a restaurant. The lives of everyone in the restaurant are much safer with a policy of no guns allowed and just handing over the insured cash to the thief.

Allowing gun toting yahoos to openly carry a gun in a restaurant increases the chances of a shootout. A gun toting yahoo does not have the right to endanger the lives of everyone in a restaurant.

The only thing likely to increase from someone carying a gun is the amout of shit in any given
liberals pants.

Its their private property and their business so as most conservatives would agree they as business owners have the right to make whatever rules they want.

so again, a baker can't be forced to bake a cake for gays?

Telling gun owners to stay out ?

Okay, I'll do just that.

Where did they say that?

Oh, never mind.

They didn't.

What they said is true - there are laws that forbid the mixing of booze and guns. Why should they break the law just so you can pretend to be a big man?

C'mon, why won't the nutters admit that they have no right to endanger other people with their obsession?

Gays don't increase the chance of a shootout which could get innocent bystanders killed if a robber tries to hold up the place.

Nice try.

its still a violation of rights just the same. don't try telling me your rights are more important than mine

yea, considering .000023 of every gun in the USA ever kills anyone. a real threat.

of course you are going to show me some data that demonstrates open carry leads to death.

The only thing likely to increase from someone carying a gun is the amout of shit in any given
liberals pants.

Ask an insurance company if that is the only thing.

yea, considering .000023 of every gun in the USA ever kills anyone. a real threat.

of course you are going to show me some data that demonstrates open carry leads to death.

Why do you want to carry a gun in a restaurant?

To have a big ol' shootout with a robber should one show up, right tough guy? You wanna be the one to plug him! Yee-haw!

No other reason.

Last edited:

liberals pants.

Ask an insurance company if that is the only thing.

Have the gun nutters guaranteed they would pay the increase in insurance premiums?

How about the penalties for Sonic and Chili's breaking the law?

Who will be paying for that?

To have a big ol' shootout with a bad guy should one show up, right tough guy? You wanna be the one to plug him! Yee-haw!

No other reason.

so you are not going to show me any data to back up your ridiculouis claim.

To have a big ol' shootout with a bad guy should one show up, right tough guy? You wanna be the one to plug him! Yee-haw!

No other reason.

That's the reason, isn't it?

Rather than let the restaurant hand over any cash peaceably, you want a big ol' shootout instead, right?

Are you so lacking in common sense you can't comprehend how much more dangerous that would be than just letting the restaurant hand over the money and collect on their insurance? Seriously?

Last edited:

No other reason.

That's the reason, isn't it?

Rather than let the restaurant hand over any cash peaceably, you want a big ol' shootout instead, right?

Are you so lacking in common sense you can't comprehend how much more dangerous that would be than just letting the restaurant hand over the money and collect on their insurance? Seriously?

i don't give a fuck what the restaurant does. i do care what my happen to me. seriously, why are you clowns so willing to lie down and allow this type of behavior to happen, which only leads to it happening more? if you want ot be a statistic thats your call. don't expect me to follow in your stupidity

Some states, including my home state of Florida do not allow open carry except in very limited situations:

790.053 Open carrying of weapons.—
(1) Except as otherwise provided by law and in subsection (2), it is unlawful for any person to openly carry on or about his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device. It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.
(2) A person may openly carry, for purposes of lawful self-defense:
(a) A self-defense chemical spray.
(b) A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes.
Any person violating this section commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s 775.083.

Even if I could open carry I would not.

First, I can get to my concealed weapon just as quickly as I could if it were in an exposed holster.

Second, I would never intentionally do anything that caused another person to be frightened or uncomfortable. Those who see a person with an exposed firearm have no clue as to the person's character or intent. All they know is the person is armed and therefore dangerous.

Third, If my weapon is concealed I don't have to worry about someone trying to steal it.

In Florida, open carry is illegal even for those with concealed carry permits (with exceptions already cited). I think the laws are reasonable.

Forum List

Back