Sort of a simple question

You know, there have been times in my life that I have voted for someone and the other person won. One such instance was in 2004 when Jr. got elected again. Not only was I upset, but I thought that he was wrong for the country, and I was right.

No, I didn't move to Canada or Mexico when Jr. got his second term, I just said lets wait and see if he can fix what he screwed up. And yeah, even though I didn't like him or his policies, he was still my president from 2004 to 2008.

Now, it's happened again, and Trump has been elected. I don't agree with lots of his policies, nor do I think that he has what it takes to run the country effectively, but he WAS elected, and therefore is going to be my president after Jan 20th.

That being said, I think that waiting to see how he actually does is warranted. Being president is a job that is unlike just about every other job in the world, there is very little that a person can do prior to be completely qualified for the job from day one. Most of it is what we in the Navy called "on the job training".

However..............watching him flip flop on the campaign trail, as well as watching him flip flop on his policies in his transition period, as well as seeing some of the people he has appointed to his cabinet, it gives me doubts about how good he's gonna be, but I'll give him 6 months to see, and then will comment on how he is as a president.

But it doesn't look very promising. He's already managed to piss off China because he didn't understand our foreign policy with China and Taiwan, because we don't recognize officially the government of Taiwan being separate from China, we view them as being part of China under our "One China" policy. And, it doesn't really matter who called first, him or Taiwan's leader, because he STILL called her the president of Taiwan, and with him being president, that is a serious breach of policy on our side. Not only did Trump call her president, but Pence did as well on "Meet the Press".

So Trump is not to have contact with our allies because of the demand by our enemies? They may run the show now based on who is currently in the White House, but it seems that's all going to change next month. Maybe we should call the shots from now on.

No, he wasn't supposed to take any calls from the government of Taiwan, because according to our policy in dealing with China, the US doesn't officially recognize the government of Taiwan, because they are considered part of China, and therefore we should only talk with China when it comes to official things. If you want to bitch about the one China policy, take it up with Nixon and Reagan.

Trump is your everyday citizen and will remain that way until Jan 20th. He can talk to anybody he desires.

You know, there have been times in my life that I have voted for someone and the other person won. One such instance was in 2004 when Jr. got elected again. Not only was I upset, but I thought that he was wrong for the country, and I was right.

No, I didn't move to Canada or Mexico when Jr. got his second term, I just said lets wait and see if he can fix what he screwed up. And yeah, even though I didn't like him or his policies, he was still my president from 2004 to 2008.

Now, it's happened again, and Trump has been elected. I don't agree with lots of his policies, nor do I think that he has what it takes to run the country effectively, but he WAS elected, and therefore is going to be my president after Jan 20th.

That being said, I think that waiting to see how he actually does is warranted. Being president is a job that is unlike just about every other job in the world, there is very little that a person can do prior to be completely qualified for the job from day one. Most of it is what we in the Navy called "on the job training".

However..............watching him flip flop on the campaign trail, as well as watching him flip flop on his policies in his transition period, as well as seeing some of the people he has appointed to his cabinet, it gives me doubts about how good he's gonna be, but I'll give him 6 months to see, and then will comment on how he is as a president.

But it doesn't look very promising. He's already managed to piss off China because he didn't understand our foreign policy with China and Taiwan, because we don't recognize officially the government of Taiwan being separate from China, we view them as being part of China under our "One China" policy. And, it doesn't really matter who called first, him or Taiwan's leader, because he STILL called her the president of Taiwan, and with him being president, that is a serious breach of policy on our side. Not only did Trump call her president, but Pence did as well on "Meet the Press".

So Trump is not to have contact with our allies because of the demand by our enemies? They may run the show now based on who is currently in the White House, but it seems that's all going to change next month. Maybe we should call the shots from now on.

No, he wasn't supposed to take any calls from the government of Taiwan, because according to our policy in dealing with China, the US doesn't officially recognize the government of Taiwan, because they are considered part of China, and therefore we should only talk with China when it comes to official things. If you want to bitch about the one China policy, take it up with Nixon and Reagan.

Trump is your everyday citizen and will remain that way until Jan 20th. He can talk to anybody he desires.

Wrong. Everyday citizens don't get daily briefings, the president elect does. Everyday citizens don't have any influence on US policy by their actions and words, the president elect does.

Trump ceased to be an everyday citizen the day after the election was held. The second he became president elect, he became something more.

Try again.

Wrong. Everyday citizens don't get daily briefings, the president elect does. Everyday citizens don't have any influence on US policy by their actions and words, the president elect does.

Trump ceased to be an everyday citizen the day after the election was held. The second he became president elect, he became something more.

Try again.

Then show me where it says the President elect can't call this person or take calls from that person.

WTF cares what China thinks anyway? This is going to be a completely opposite administration of Obama where we make friends out of our enemies and enemies out of our friends.

If you voted for Trump or not, for good or worse, he only expressed one really coherent thing: He wants to make America great. Again. (Like it isn't?)

If anything, he seems pragmatic.

Most likely he will engage in environmental issues, side with unexpected minorities, nations or what ever seems beneficial for the US to him. It might cause problems - or solve problems. It might be a "right" move or a "left" move.

As much as you support him or "unsupport" him, will you be able to look beyond the left/right party boundaries?

Didn't vote for him, didn't support him in any fashion BUT I'll give him 6 months, if he manages to get rid of Obamacare, lower taxes and cut regulations, he'll be OK in my book, if he manages to do something about the runaway national debt & unfunded liabilities, I'll sacrifice a small animal in his honor.

..but that's as far as I'm willing to go. :cool:

Try again.

Then show me where it says the President elect can't call this person or take calls from that person.

WTF cares what China thinks anyway? This is going to be a completely opposite administration of Obama where we make friends out of our enemies and enemies out of our friends.

Well, considering that under our One China Policy, we don't recognize Taiwan as a separate government officially. Trump and Pence BOTH did when they called her "president", because that means that as elected officials, they were officially recognizing her as the leader of Taiwan.

Here..............read up on it......................

One-China policy - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back