Sotomayor attacks lawyer for telling truth about minorities and drugs

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Sotzy has a terrible legal mind. She claims his comments violate the "equal protection" clause of the constiution!!!!

Sotomayor Hits Prosecutor on Racist Comments - 'I hope never to see a case like this again'

Posted Feb 25, 2013 10:57 AM CST

(NEWSER) – The Supreme Court won't be hearing a defendant's appeal in a drug case—but Justice Sonia Sotomayor made her views clear on a federal prosecutor's earlier comments, CNN reports. The prosecutor had said, "You've got African Americans, you've got Hispanics, you've got a bag full of money. Does that tell you—a light bulb doesn't go off in your head and say, 'This is a drug deal?'"

In a statement backed by Justice Stephen Breyer, Sotomayor noted that the remarks were "an affront to the Constitution's guarantee of equal protection of the laws." "It is deeply disappointing to see a representative of the United States resort to this basic tactic more than a decade into the 21st century," she said. "I hope never to see a case like this again." She also slapped the Justice Department for responding to the comments by dubbing them "impolitic."

Last edited:
Someone should remind sotzy that if we really believed in equal protection, affirmative action would not exist and she would have never gotten into law school.

So if it involved two white people with a bag of money a light bulb wouldn't go off in your head?

Sotzy has a terrible legal mind. She claims his comments violate the "equal protection" clause of the constiution!!!!

Sotomayor Hits Prosecutor on Racist Comments - 'I hope never to see a case like this again'

(NEWSER) – The Supreme Court won't be hearing a defendant's appeal in a drug case—but Justice Sonia Sotomayor made her views clear on a federal prosecutor's earlier comments, CNN reports. The prosecutor had said, "You've got African Americans, you've got Hispanics, you've got a bag full of money. Does that tell you—a light bulb doesn't go off in your head and say, 'This is a drug deal?'"

In a statement backed by Justice Stephen Breyer, Sotomayor noted that the remarks were "an affront to the Constitution's guarantee of equal protection of the laws." "It is deeply disappointing to see a representative of the United States resort to this basic tactic more than a decade into the 21st century," she said. "I hope never to see a case like this again." She also slapped the Justice Department for responding to the comments by dubbing them "impolitic."

She is 100% correct. That prosecutor is an unAmerican POS.

I think she must have been referring to the comments if thought by a police officer. However I see liberals have no problems racially profiling whites who are in black areas. If I went to anacostia and was walking around at night or driving on a local r oad, not on 295, they would presume I'm there to buy drugs, and no liberals cares about that kind of profiling.

I think she must have been referring to the comments if thought by a police officer. However I see liberals have no problems racially profiling whites who are in black areas. If I went to anacostia and was walking around at night or driving on a local r oad, not on 295, they would presume I'm there to buy drugs, and no liberals cares about that kind of profiling.

They would think anyone walking around at night in anacostia was there to buy drugs.

Someone should remind sotzy that if we really believed in equal protection, affirmative action would not exist and she would have never gotten into law school.
She was valedictorian of her high school, then graduated summa cum laude from Princeton University.

I know you probably can't fathom some brown person being smarter and accomplishing more by her 20s than you will your entire life, but it is quite possible she got into law school based on academic achievement.

She was valedictorian of her high school, then graduated summa cum laude from Princeton University.

I know you probably can't fathom some brown person being smarter and accomplishing more by her 20s than you will your entire life, but it is quite possible she got into law school based on academic achievement.

Hey genius. She's admitted she's an affirmative action baby.

Hey genius, you stated it was the only reason she could get into law school. She obviously had strong academic credentials and you cannot support the position that she would not have gone to law school without AA, there are plenty of lawyers with lesser pedigree.

Sucks I know, the brown person is smarter and more successful than you will ever be.

Hey genius, you stated it was the only reason she could get into law school. She obviously had strong academic credentials and you cannot support the position that she would not have gone to law school without AA, there are plenty of lawyers with lesser pedigree.

Sucks I know, the brown person is smarter and more successful than you will ever be.

Have you seen him post before? There's no sense arguing b/c he doesn't want to have a conversation.

I did notice his 2250 posts with zero rep.

I wouldn't think that was even possible, I could hand this keyboard to a chimp and garner a better rep.

There are plenty of people with academic credentials that aren't smart at all. They have no innate intelligence, merely a good memory.

I heard this story on the news. You left out the FACT that Sotomayor agreed with the majority and rejected the appeal, but she RIGHTFULLY chided the prosecutor for making comments that had no merit on the case or conviction. Just as black racists, like Holder, and Hispanic racists, like Sotomayor, shouldn't be prosecutors and judges, neither should white racists!

Side note: I wonder if she would now apologize for her wise Latina comment, because that fits PERFECTLY within the same relm of what this guy stated. Why is it OK for her to call a white man out, but not for her to have to explain her blatant racism and biases!

Where do you come up with this stuff? This "liberal " moniker is getting out of hand. A so called racial profiling by private citizens is not nearly as powerful as someone within the justice system doing it. But, at the root of Sotomayor's comment lies a dire statistic: Blacks and Whites use and sell drugs at about the same rates; but, black males are about 12 times more likely to go to prison for the offense than are white males.

Since "liberals" seem to be smarter than right wing working class fools, they read more and are far more objective in their judgements than are close minded right wingers.

Forum List

Back