South Carolina Police Officer

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Now that the dash cam's public we see the reality of what happened. The guy ran. If you're innocent you don't run. This "black terror of police" is utter nonsense. Everything was fine and calm up until that point. More we hear about this supposed legitimate fear of police blacks have, the more likely this is going to happen again as more run.

Did the guy deserve to be shot? Yes. Because he ran. In many countries if you flee from police you can be shot at. The assumption is you have a good reason to run and it's not that you're a sweet little angel but some kind of violent offender the world's better off without.

While I fear the officer's going to be figuratively hanged to prevent another Ferguson, he'd always be welcomed here and have a place to crash at. As would anyone who puts on a badge and stands a watch on the wall so the rest of us can sleep.

"Under U.S. law the fleeing felon rule was limited in 1985 to non-lethal force in most cases by Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1. The justices held that deadly force "may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others."[2]

A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead...however...Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force.
—Justice Byron White, Tennessee v. Garner"
Fleeing felon rule - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

What a difference a riot makes,

"Justices rule that fleeing the police is a violent felony"
Justices rule that fleeing the police is a violent felony - CNN.com

Guess we know which side of the law you guys are on huh.

(goes from condition 3 to condition 1 is a very overt manner) :)

I`m against shooting a man 8 times in the back, always have been. Perhaps this cop is a Chris Kyle wannabe who joined the police force for all the wrong reasons.

I`m against shooting a man 8 times in the back, always have been. Perhaps this cop is a Chris Kyle wannabe who joined the police force for all the wrong reasons.

Police are trained to empty their weapons if they fire. Under combat stress most will revert to whatever they've been trained to do.

Geeeeeze, how many threads ????!!!!
And you post in this one. Delta is expressing a legitimate point of view and I heartily agree with him. If running away from a cop who has you detained is all it takes to beat a charge, then everyone would be doing it.

GOFUNDME needs to give this man an account. He needs a good lawyer. Let's not sacrifice one of the men in blue just to avoid a riot.

Didn't look to me like the cop thought his life was in danger. But, I'm missing some video:

During the foot chase over a dirt-surfaced road near a small park, Scott confronted Slager, according to the lawyer's statement. Slager got out his Taser to subdue the man, but Scott took the device during a struggle, the statement said. That's when the officer fired at Scott several times because he “felt threatened,” it added.
VIDEO Day after officer s arrest video of shooting death sparks protests more action - Post and Courier

Really? A cop has the right to murder a fleeing suspect who is not threatening...who knew?

Another kooky thread...
It is not murder until someone is convicted.

When Aaron Hernandez is acquitted of the charge of executing an unarmed black man, will you be pissed?

Didn't look to me like the cop thought his life was in danger. But, I'm missing some video:

During the foot chase over a dirt-surfaced road near a small park, Scott confronted Slager, according to the lawyer's statement. Slager got out his Taser to subdue the man, but Scott took the device during a struggle, the statement said. That's when the officer fired at Scott several times because he “felt threatened,” it added.
VIDEO Day after officer s arrest video of shooting death sparks protests more action - Post and Courier
There is no video of the alleged "scuffle", and no voice recording of what might have been said during alleged "scuffle".

But that does not matter, USMB jury has convicted the cop.

White cop, black man, nothing else matters.

Black man lied about insurance and registration, defied polite request from a courteous officer to just sit in the car and wait, and then ran.

It is clear the cop was out to execute him from the moment he spotted him.

There is no video of the alleged "scuffle", and no voice recording of what might have been said during alleged "scuffle".

But that does not matter, USMB jury has convicted the cop.

I know.

White cop, black man, nothing else matters.

Black man lied about insurance and registration, defied polite request from a courteous officer to just sit in the car and wait, and then ran.

It is clear the cop was out to execute him from the moment he spotted him.

Every incident is martyr material.

This was blue man, fleeing suspect. Making it about race is trying to justify and tolerate crime when we should be condemning the suspect for fleeing and honoring the officer for keeping the public safe. How about another fleeing suspect a few years back who wound up taking hostages? Want a desperate man barging in to your home and taking your family hostage?

How anyone in their right mind could defend this shooting, is beyond me. The video is conclusive. However cops shooting people in the back is nothing new and they usually get away with it...just as they would have in this case, if not for the video.

Below comments from...What Should We Make of the Videotape of the Policeman Shooting a Man In the Back and Killing Him Washington s Blog

Why is this happening?

One reason is that many law enforcement officers consider failure to comply with the officers’ demands as a basis for using lethal force.

Police have become so militarized in modern America that – in the words of civil rights and constitutional attorney John Whitehead – “the only truly compliant, submissive citizen in a police state is a dead one.”

Of course, if we had the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution, this would not be such a problem. Sadly, we’ve lost virtually all of those rights.

No wonder you’re 55 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than a terrorist.

How anyone in their right mind could defend this shooting, is beyond me. The video is conclusive. However cops shooting people in the back is nothing new and they usually get away with it...just as they would have in this case, if not for the video.

Below comments from...What Should We Make of the Videotape of the Policeman Shooting a Man In the Back and Killing Him Washington s Blog

Why is this happening?

One reason is that many law enforcement officers consider failure to comply with the officers’ demands as a basis for using lethal force.

Police have become so militarized in modern America that – in the words of civil rights and constitutional attorney John Whitehead – “the only truly compliant, submissive citizen in a police state is a dead one.”

Of course, if we had the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution, this would not be such a problem. Sadly, we’ve lost virtually all of those rights.

No wonder you’re 55 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than a terrorist.

Do you remember when the police became militarized?

Forum List

Back