South Dakotans may soon be able to carry concealed guns without permit

South Dakotans may soon be able to carry concealed handguns without a permit

Same for Georgia! Our Governor Elect supports a bill introduced to do the same thing!
Future killers are smiling.
Why's that? Come on explain...I am sure you are about as dumb as some of these idiots here whining about it in Georgia.
Did you notice how many of our recent killers have had concealed carry? Nothing better than letting killers legally run around with guns.
Lol...and they all passed background checks....you still haven't made a point.
I'm glad your happy about arming killers.

Same for Georgia! Our Governor Elect supports a bill introduced to do the same thing!
Future killers are smiling.
Why's that? Come on explain...I am sure you are about as dumb as some of these idiots here whining about it in Georgia.
Did you notice how many of our recent killers have had concealed carry? Nothing better than letting killers legally run around with guns.

The report, written by Crime Prevention Research Center president John Lott, notes that it is "very rare for permit holders to violate the law" and compares the crimes committed by permit holders to police officers and the general population. The police committed 103 crimes per 100,000 officers, while the general population committed 3,813 per 100,000 people, 37 times as much as the police crime rate.

And yet, the same metric shows an even lower crime rate for permit holders.

"Combining the data for Florida and Texas data, we find that permit holders are convicted of misdemeanors and felonies at less than a sixth the rate for police officers," Lott writes. "Among police, firearms violations occur at a rate of 16.5 per 100,000 officers. Among permit holders in Florida and Texas, the rate is only 2.4 per 100,000.10 That is just 1/7th of the rate for police officers. But there's no need to focus on Texas and Florida — the data are similar in other states."

Report: Concealed Carry Permit Holders Are The Most Law-Abiding People In The Country

The article is vague and doesn't give much detail, but in as much as a pro-gun advocate that I am, I'm not thrilled about something like this.

I believe that only people that pass the proper background check and have training should carry in public. At the shooting range, I've seen too many idiots that shouldn't even be allowed to have a gun yet alone carry outdoors.

I'm not crazy about getting my license renewed every five years. I believe once you have a license, it should be good for life unless it's revoked because of criminal activity or heated domestic disputes.
There is already a background check to even buy a gun.

Same here, but they still do an intense background check in the event you purchased a gun without a background check which is very possible if you bought one from a family member, neighbor or friend.
Ah. That shit is intrusive and IMO unconstitutional.

The Constitution says you have the right to own a firearm, but says nothing about having the right to carry it in public.

What I like about classes and licenses is that people who have little or no knowledge of guns or shooting has some insight. The people I took the class with were family and friends, and although we all shot before, there were small sections of the class about things we never thought of. This is particularly true of the laws. While one may read a law a certain way, with education, they have compiled real life situations and how the laws were applied.

Without that knowledge, you are sending people into the street that believe because they have the right to carry a gun, they have the right to use it anytime they feel like it.

Last edited:
The Second Amendment indicates the Right to Keep, and BEAR arms. To BEAR is to CARRY. So yes, it is addressed in the Constitution.

Keep = Own
Bear = Carry

Forum List

Back