Southern pride

Funny I don't see you race baiting liberals demanding Native Americans stop displaying their heritage and pride why? They routinely murdered white parents and stole their kids keeping them as slaves within the tribe. So, nothing to say? Thought so.

most white Americans are the easist to pick on, and have the most to get something out of. They are also the most accomidating to other ethnic groups. Blacks are concerned with Black rights, Chinese are concerned with Chinese Rights, Hispanics, for Hispanic rights, but its the evil whites who seem to be concerned with everyone else. People who question why there should be southern pride are just lumping all southerners for all time with the Confederacy. They probably don't know any southerners or their families personally, but they can sure judge.

Liberals don't care, liberals are lying lowlife scum. They saw an opportunity to broad brush and jumped on it like a pack of rabid dogs. I pointed out last week that it has been the Democratic party controlled inner cities who have sent millions of young black men to prison. They send millions of young black fathers to prison and millions of young black women to the abortion clinics and its conservatives who are racist wtf?

Viewing answers to the question of "what is southern pride" is like viewing a Rorschach Test.
First thing I thought of was southern cooking and the pride southerners have in their cooking skills. I specifically thought about chicken and how southerners think they make the best fried chicken. Southerners also take great pride in their barbecue recipe's. Yankee's don't have the need to boost their ego's with public displays of pride and bragging. They just automatically know the food is better in the north, including fried chicken and barbecue.
So, given a choice between an Amish Smorgasbord or a southern AYCE (all you can eat buffet), which would get the biggest draw if set side by side in a Rocky Mountain western town, Canada or down the street from your house?

Funny I don't see you race baiting liberals demanding Native Americans stop displaying their heritage and pride why? They routinely murdered white parents and stole their kids keeping them as slaves within the tribe. So, nothing to say? Thought so.

most white Americans are the easist to pick on, and have the most to get something out of. They are also the most accomidating to other ethnic groups. Blacks are concerned with Black rights, Chinese are concerned with Chinese Rights, Hispanics, for Hispanic rights, but its the evil whites who seem to be concerned with everyone else. People who question why there should be southern pride are just lumping all southerners for all time with the Confederacy. They probably don't know any southerners or their families personally, but they can sure judge.

Liberals don't care, liberals are lying lowlife scum. They saw an opportunity to broad brush and jumped on it like a pack of rabid dogs. I pointed out last week that it has been the Democratic party controlled inner cities who have sent millions of young black men to prison. They send millions of young black fathers to prison and millions of young black women to the abortion clinics and its conservatives who are racist wtf?
You failed your Rorschach Test and appropriate authorities have been called to treat your illness with the proper institutionalization.

You failed your Rorschach Test and appropriate authorities have been called to treat your illness with the proper institutionalization.

Translation, you have nothing but the rotted festering stench of liberal lies, damn but you people are rank with it. A crab boat baking in the hot sun smells fresher.

Look up the definition of heritage and pride, dumbass.
I did, moron.

I can't see anything the confederacy has to be proud of so I decided to ask what others thought.
I guess I mostly attribute it to a little thing called Dignity.

Yes, the South was defeated in a military war.
Our Pride and Dignity was not.

I understand how Northerners can't relate, since they won that war. Now everyone"gets to" fly that flag.

I display my CSA flag (not the battle flag, as all battles are over) as a way to say "you may have won the war, but we have not lost our spirit".

:cool:

I display my CSA flag (not the battle flag, as all battles are over) as a way to say "you may have won the war, but we have not lost our spirit".

Instead of "we" and "you," why not focus on the big picture US.

One can have a bit of southern pride. Lee was a great general. However, the southern battle flag is not the way to do it. It was introduced in the 1960's as a way to promote segregation. The battle flag lost any legitimacy back then. Now it does not celebrate seven days, gettysburg, Antitiem... It celebrates seperate but "equal", bombed churches, burning crosses.
It celebrates whatever the person celebrating says it celebrates. When Kid Rock flies it does anybody think he's celebrating racism? Or is he celebrating a southern-style of music?
Kids born after the 80's can be forgiven their ignorance. I wish they would find a less reppelent symbol. It is like someone is sanitising the swastica. Which has a long and honerable history, until a monster made it his own.

Yeah, southern heritage and pride...

moye-007-southernheritagesouthernshame-lg.png
Yes.

Southern pride and heritage.

WIth headliners such as George Washington, Patrick Henry, Thomas Jefferson, just to mention three of thousands...

Oh please the left hates conservatives. That's fine I hate them right the hell back x10, after we have destroyed the left then maybe we can discuss reconciliation.

Do you really care? I ask because 99 times out of a 100 when a thread is started asking what is this or why do people believe that the purpose behind it is simply to dismiss any answer given.

Yes, this is a familiar tactic employed by left and right, but it's typically only a problem when your opponent is doing it. People are far more forgiving w/their own side.

That said, I think there is the possibility for an elegant answer here. The old South is mostly an embarrassment, but it has some very commendable traits that could form the basis for an answer.

Oh please the left hates conservatives. That's fine I hate them right the hell back x10, after we have destroyed the left then maybe we can discuss reconciliation.

The war is long over. Relax.

Ahahaha says the side that is not armed :laugh:

Ahahaha says the side that is not armed :laugh:

Which side is that?

One can have a bit of southern pride. Lee was a great general. However, the southern battle flag is not the way to do it. It was introduced in the 1960's as a way to promote segregation. The battle flag lost any legitimacy back then. Now it does not celebrate seven days, gettysburg, Antitiem... It celebrates seperate but "equal", bombed churches, burning crosses.
It celebrates whatever the person celebrating says it celebrates. When Kid Rock flies it does anybody think he's celebrating racism? Or is he celebrating a southern-style of music?
Kids born after the 80's can be forgiven their ignorance. I wish they would find a less reppelent symbol. It is like someone is sanitising the swastica. Which has a long and honerable history, until a monster made it his own.
Why? St. Andrew's cross is considered just fine elsewhere in the world. Why should it have to be stained with the inadequacies of the Confederacy for all time? Let the south reclaim the symbol and make it into something to be celebrated like southern culture. Let it stand for southern music, southern food, southern hospitality, etc... Remember that the U.S. flag also once stood for slavery. Should it be replaced and condemned to museums as well? It'd be nice if the Swastika didn't have to be forever associated with the evils of Nazism as well if it could be reclaimed to mean something else.

The funny part is the uproar over a flag, which essentially receives no state or federal subsidies, but how the same people whining about the flag will completely ignore all the federal and state tax dollars going to monuments that glorify slaveholders. The Washington Monument, the Jefferson Memorial, Mount Rushmore, and the list goes on. Washington, D.C. itself was named after a slave-owner. The White House was built by slaves. Where's the uproar?

Forum List

Back