Special forces ordered to stand down in Benghazi?

Why would the state dept. tell them to stand down? What possible reason could they have for NOT permitting rescue of our own Americans?

Good question Jerry. We do know that, the White House has said from the beginning that there were no forces available to assist Americans in Benghazi on Sept. 11.
I found this little ditty you may be interested in:

AFRICOM Commander GEN Carter Ham relieved of duty for wanting to help our Ambassador to Libya.

October 28, 2012

The information I heard today was that General [Carter] Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready.
General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow.
Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.
The story continues that now General Rodiguez would take General Ham’s place as the head of Africom.

Sure enough Obama nominated Gen. David Rodriguez to replace Gen. Carter Ham as commander of U.S. Africa Command.

AFRICOM Commander GEN Carter Ham relieved of duty for wanting to help our Ambassador to Libya.

Thank you, Wehrwolfen. Incredible to see this administration getting away with this in broad daylight. Just incredible.

Don't the liberals wonder why Hicks who was a Democrat - voted twice for Obama - huge fan of Hillary Clintons - until this happened, would testify contrary to Hillarys testimony? Why would he do such a thing when it meant the end of his own career? Because his conscience compels him to tell us what happened. It disturbs him deeply. He said the military were furious when they recieved that stand down order. Do not tell us they were claiming to send them 5 minutes later - just not right that moment - it is very obvious the backup was needed immediately. They never sent any order for rescue. That is the bottom line here. They stood in the way of it every step of the way.

Last edited:
Bullshit that lying or making up facts is exclusive to the rabid right considering that we are in the middle of dealing with a pretty big whopper from Obama right now.

:lol:

You really should get off that high horse before it bucks you.

"First of all, there’s an FBI investigation which is ongoing. And we look to that investigation to give us the definitive word as to what transpired."

S. Rice.

And yet Hick's, the top Diplomat there, after Stevens was killed, was never interviewed by the FBI.

Yes he testified that he had never been interviewed by the FBI. Hillary testified she did give an interview while it turns out she never did. Concerning Benghazi.

Special forces ordered to stand down in Benghazi?

Even Hicks debunked that.

If only Republicans hadn't cut the embassy security budget.

The State Department head of that sector, Charlene Lamb, testified at the Senate hearings that budget cuts had ZERO to do with the security draw down prior to the attacks. Fail...

Yes, there was no reason to cut back on security at Benghazi. They did it in spite of the funds available. Something is definitely not right about this story.

Thats not all.

The security there was barely adequate.

Hell. They were in Libya in the ME. No one should have had to ask for loads of security. It should have been provided automatically considering where they were.

Blaming it on Republican budget cuts was an obvious attempt by progressives to divert responsibility from Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama elsewhere.

That failed spectacularly because Charlene Lamb told the truth. Budget cuts had nothing to do with the draw down of embassy security in Libya. That was a political decision made by Hilary Clinton.

it will not matter to people like you what happened .the left will back Obama and Hillary no matter what happened.

No matter what happened? We all know what happened. There was a terrorist attack, and 4 men got killed. Geez, that's not even close to the 9/11 scenario where Bush and Rice ignored warnings and more than 3000 people died, and I don't see Republicans hashing that over and over.

There is a MAJOR difference between the 9/11 attacks and what happened in Benghazi...the Bush Administration wasn't given the chance to save half the people killed and had it's military stand down. That is EXACTLY what the Obama Administration did.

The libs will NEVER admit it's different. They think Bush should have known exactly when, where and how the attack was going to take place. Nobody could have known that and prevented it, but they think Bush should have and they call him a murderer now.... :cuckoo:

But Obama and the rest of the incompetents in the WH knew ahead of time where they needed more security, and denied it. They knew in real time where and what was going on and could have gotten help to them, and they said no. Nobody knows if anyone could have gotten there fast enough to save the Ambassador, but the other 3 sure could have been saved! And the Ambassador could have been saved if they'd added the security that was needed to begin with.

I really think liberalism is a disease of the brain.....there's no other answer as to why they keep denying that anything is wrong! It takes a brain to figure things out, and they don't even care...they just keep repeating the same crap over and over even when they've been proven wrong.....

it will not matter to people like you what happened .the left will back Obama and Hillary no matter what happened.

No matter what happened? We all know what happened. There was a terrorist attack, and 4 men got killed. Geez, that's not even close to the 9/11 scenario where Bush and Rice ignored warnings and more than 3000 people died, and I don't see Republicans hashing that over and over.

There is a MAJOR difference between the 9/11 attacks and what happened in Benghazi...the Bush Administration wasn't given the chance to save half the people killed and had it's military stand down. That is EXACTLY what the Obama Administration did.

Neither was Obama, and no one has provided any proof that Obama had the military stand down, so what is the difference? 3000 people killed vs 4?

Thank you for demonstrating how stupid you are,

Petreaus retired from the military in July of 2011, care to explain how someone who is not in the military can issue orders to the military?

Ha,ha, now we can see who the stupid one is. Petreaus just happened to be Director of the CIA at the time of Benghazi, and they were adamant to claim that they did not give the stand down order.
So, if they had given the stand down order, who do you think it would have been, genius?

This from a right-wing source, even:
The CIA made it clear that it was NOT they who issued the “Stand Down” orders to their people.
thenationalpatriot.com » Blog Archive » Weekend Edition: Petraeus ? A 4 Star Scapegoat

Moreover, no one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need: claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate.” So if not the CIA…then who did issue the stand down orders?
Benghazi Stand Down Denials Don't Stand Up To Reason - Forbes

So mr not stupid, if the CIA is not able to issue stand down orders, why is the CIA being so adamant to let everyone know that they didn't? Wouldn't it have been obvious if we used your "intelligent" logic? :eusa_whistle:

The problem with right-wingers is that they think they are so much smarter than everyone else, and then they show their ass! :lol:

Your links actually make my point, Petraeus did not issue any stand down order.
No, my links showed that the CIA was being accused of issuing a stand down order, and that is why Petraeus was adamantly letting it be known that he didn't. So your smart-ass comment just came back and hit you on the head.

As for your question, the rumor is that those forces were employed by the CIA even though they were part of State Department security. Frankly, I have no idea if that is true or not, nor do I care, this thread is about a stand down order that went to military forces, not to a CIA or State Department response team.
Of course you don't care, because it just proves that the CIA could have issued a stand down order, and that you were the stupid one to think that I thought Petraeus was sill in the military.

Perhaps it is Faux News who is responsible for the screw up, because they issued a report, and it had to do with request for military back-up, and they were blaming the CIA for the stand down order.

So next time, don't be so quick to call someone stupid, without making sure you are not the one that is going to come out looking more stupid.

Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later on the annex itself was denied by the CIA chain of command -- who also told the CIA operators twice to "stand down" rather than help the ambassador's team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.

EXCLUSIVE: CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say | Fox News

Doubling down on stupid only makes you more stupid. The chain of command for the military does not go through the CIA. Care to triple down and prove that you are not even qualified to discuss books like See Spot Run?
Assuming makes you the stupid one. I never claimed that the chain of command for the military goes through the CIA. So maybe you need to learn to read, then go back and read my post and see exactly what I said before showing your ass again.

It always has to be Bush's fault, that record is broken, burned and not playable anymore...

Tweedy Bird, you're an imbecile...

Well according to the lefty's...Benghazi is OLD news now and we should just ignore it.
But they can't stop talking about Bush and constantly lying no matter how much proof they're given. It's a sickness.....

liberalism is a mental disease---------there is no other explanation

Only those that are mentally deficient would think that Liberalism is a mental disease. Perhaps that is why you think that way?

I was wrong, you have no imagination, there is nothing there but delusions.

No, you don't know what you are talking about, you probably don't even know what agenda means.

This from the guy that posted links that argue that Petreaus did not give orders as proof that he did.

This from the guy that can't read. The links are Petraeus's own claims that he didn't give a stand down order, which only proves that he could have.

Comprehension is definitely not your strong suit.

Petraeus wasn't opening his mouth after they intentionally planted Broadwell to seduce him. Notice how quickly it all went away once he didn't tell about the stand down order? Americans are not stupid. Patraeus was set up from the get go.

The story the administration is putting out now just doesn't make sense considering what happened and what their initial lies were. Does the left believe that Obama and others knew our people were in trouble and they were waiting for permission from the Libyan government to help them? Getting the okay to go ahead would have taken one fucking phone call, not hours. And apparently Obama didn't consider an effort to rescue our people during a terrorist attack as a priority since he went about preparing for his trip to Vegas to campaign.

No one in the administration said that we were waiting for the Libyan government to give us the go ahead to send in help until witnesses on the ground put them on the spot recently.

If Obama had skipped his campaign trip and stood before the American people telling us that our people were under attack by terrorists and that the Libyan government was not helping and not allowing us to help, maybe I'd believe they did everything they could. Instead, he went off campaigning and then starting blaming some unknown filmmaker for the attacks. He didn't tell us it was terrorists. We kept hearing about the filmmaker and how they would go after him, which they did.

There was no condemnation of the actual killers and no criticism of the Libyan government. Just talk about the filmmaker and Obama even talked to the Muslims and sounded regretful that our freedom of speech allowed this filmmaker to make the video.

Then there was silence for months and they refused to cooperate with the investigation. The documents handed over were so heavily edited that they were worthless in the effort to bring out the truth.

Reid claiming that it was a long time ago indicates that the administration wants everyone to just forget about it. Sorry, but the truth needs to come out. It does make a difference. The way this administration handled a terrorist attack is very important and tells us how he views enemies. He apologized to them and asked Americans not to judge. He left others to handle the situation because he had speeches to make and an election to win. Those are not the actions of a true leader.

Libya had a plane standing by that our special forces could have used. It's really unforgivable how the White House and State Department fucked this up.

Petraeus wasn't opening his mouth after they intentionally planted Broadwell to seduce him. Notice how quickly it all went away once he didn't tell about the stand down order? Americans are not stupid. Patraeus was set up from the get go.

Er, you have a vivid imagination if you think Broadwell was a setup! And no one has come up with any proof that there was a stand down order.

What was proven was that no one could have reached Benghazi in time to save anyone, but Republican/conservatives unable to make their initial complaint, that Clinton denied to increase security, then changed their whining to the fact that Rice lied about the cause of the attack, when they couldn't get that to create any sparks, they moved on to Obama responsible for no one coming to the rescue of the 4, and now, the military leaders have shot that down!

Time for Republican/conservatives to find another "scandal" they can try and blame on Obama, no?

Why would the state dept. tell them to stand down? What possible reason could they have for NOT permitting rescue of our own Americans?

POLITICAL POLITICAL POLITICAL!
Again an upcoming election partial based on the phony perception of Obama's handling of Terrorism.. remember this:
$BinLadenDeadGMalivebumper.jpg

And we can't forget this image spread all over the MSM..
$ObamawhenOsamakilled.jpg

So how could the supreme Messiah who based part of his campaign on his fight on terrorism QUASI accomplishments let 4 deaths stand in the way of misleading the voters.
Remember this has been Obama's mantra his trick...
Obama said in his own words... his book "Dreams of My Father"
"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned.
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves.
They were more than satisfied. They were revealed. Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem
angry all the time."

I could have sworn that someone said no one was ordered to stand down because there was no one in the area.

American Special Forces soldiers were preparing to board the C-130 that would fly them on a mission to rescue Americans under attack by terrorists in Benghazi on Sept. 11 last year, but they were stopped by a last-minute order from somebody higher up in the U.S. government, House investigators have learned.
“So Lieutenant Colonel Gibson, who is the SOCAFRICA commander, his team, you know, they were on their way to the vehicles to go to the airport to get on the C‑130 when he got a phone call from SOCAFRICA which said, you can’t go now, you don’t have authority to go now,” Gregory Hicks, deputy chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy in Libya, told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee during an interview last month, The Washington Examiner has learned.
The committee released excerpts of the interview ahead of a congressional hearing that will take place on Wednesday.
Whistle-blower: Benghazi rescue team told to stand down before second deadly attack | WashingtonExaminer.com

We even have a name for a source within the State Department, he was the number 2 man in Libya.

The deputy of slain U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens has told congressional investigators that a team of Special Forces prepared to fly from Tripoli to Benghazi during the Sept. 11, 2012 attacks was forbidden from doing so by U.S. Special Operations Command South Africa.The account from Gregory Hicks is in stark contrast to assertions from the Obama administration, which insisted that nobody was ever told to stand down and that all available resources were utilized. Hicks gave private testimony to congressional investigators last month in advance of his upcoming appearance at a congressional hearing Wednesday.
According to excerpts released Monday, Hicks told investigators that SOCAFRICA commander Lt. Col. Gibson and his team were on their way to board a C-130 from Tripoli for Benghazi prior to an attack on a second U.S. compound "when [Col. Gibson] got a phone call from SOCAFRICA which said, 'you can't go now, you don't have the authority to go now.' And so they missed the flight ... They were told not to board the flight, so they missed it."
No assistance arrived from the U.S. military outside of Libya during the hours that Americans were under attack or trapped inside compounds by hostile forces armed with rocket-propelled grenades, mortars and AK-47 rifles.
Diplomat: U.S. Special Forces told "you can't go" to Benghazi during attacks - CBS News

Not to worry though, we know who to blame for no one talking about it.

Benghazi returning as big scandal - Salon.com

your source was a little off here ... these special forces were 5 hours out ... there was nothing they could do at that time this has been well documented ... your source is soooooooooooo full of bullshit

My source?

I am not a reporter, I just posted a story, and actually questioned it in the title.

Think about that,

Ha,ha, now we can see who the stupid one is. Petreaus just happened to be Director of the CIA at the time of Benghazi, and they were adamant to claim that they did not give the stand down order.
So, if they had given the stand down order, who do you think it would have been, genius?

This from a right-wing source, even:
The CIA made it clear that it was NOT they who issued the “Stand Down” orders to their people.
thenationalpatriot.com » Blog Archive » Weekend Edition: Petraeus ? A 4 Star Scapegoat

Moreover, no one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need: claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate.” So if not the CIA…then who did issue the stand down orders?
Benghazi Stand Down Denials Don't Stand Up To Reason - Forbes

So mr not stupid, if the CIA is not able to issue stand down orders, why is the CIA being so adamant to let everyone know that they didn't? Wouldn't it have been obvious if we used your "intelligent" logic? :eusa_whistle:

The problem with right-wingers is that they think they are so much smarter than everyone else, and then they show their ass! :lol:

Your links actually make my point, Petraeus did not issue any stand down order.
No, my links showed that the CIA was being accused of issuing a stand down order, and that is why Petraeus was adamantly letting it be known that he didn't. So your smart-ass comment just came back and hit you on the head.

As for your question, the rumor is that those forces were employed by the CIA even though they were part of State Department security. Frankly, I have no idea if that is true or not, nor do I care, this thread is about a stand down order that went to military forces, not to a CIA or State Department response team.
Of course you don't care, because it just proves that the CIA could have issued a stand down order, and that you were the stupid one to think that I thought Petraeus was sill in the military.

Perhaps it is Faux News who is responsible for the screw up, because they issued a report, and it had to do with request for military back-up, and they were blaming the CIA for the stand down order.

So next time, don't be so quick to call someone stupid, without making sure you are not the one that is going to come out looking more stupid.

Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later on the annex itself was denied by the CIA chain of command -- who also told the CIA operators twice to "stand down" rather than help the ambassador's team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.

EXCLUSIVE: CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say | Fox News

Doubling down on stupid only makes you more stupid. The chain of command for the military does not go through the CIA. Care to triple down and prove that you are not even qualified to discuss books like See Spot Run?
Assuming makes you the stupid one. I never claimed that the chain of command for the military goes through the CIA. So maybe you need to learn to read, then go back and read my post and see exactly what I said before showing your ass again.

I didn't accuse him, you did, then you posted links that backed me up.

Want to explain how this makes me the one that doesn't understand English?

Forum List

Back