Special forces ordered to stand down in Benghazi?

These are my words:
Until a name is attached to the order, the claim such an order was given is not credible.
The language seems clear enough.
What it says is an absolute irrefutable fact.

My response is that the order could only have come from one person.

Could that person be Petreaus? Of course Hicks will have to provide proof, whoever he names, if he will even do that. I have a feeling that it is all hoopla and these 3 Amigos won't be providing anything we haven't heard already.

Thank you for demonstrating how stupid you are,

Petreaus retired from the military in July of 2011, care to explain how someone who is not in the military can issue orders to the military?

Well, there isn't ever going to be anyone that will win an election that isn't part of either party, and the two parties definitely have different agendas.

What "freedom" do you feel that you have lost, or are losing?

The two parties have different agendas? Can you point out to me, exactly, how the agenda has changed now that Obama is in office? I want specifics, not your imagination and delusions.

Oh come on, don't tell me that you don't know that the GOP's agenda is to keep the wealthy from paying more taxes while stabbing the middle-class and below in the back, while the Democratic agenda is to end all the subsidies to the rich/corporations and save the programs that help the middle-class and the poor.

And, I didn't say the agenda has changed now that Obama is in office, so you must be seeing things that are not there.

I was wrong, you have no imagination, there is nothing there but delusions.

My response is that the order could only have come from one person.

Could that person be Petreaus? Of course Hicks will have to provide proof, whoever he names, if he will even do that. I have a feeling that it is all hoopla and these 3 Amigos won't be providing anything we haven't heard already.

Thank you for demonstrating how stupid you are,

Petreaus retired from the military in July of 2011, care to explain how someone who is not in the military can issue orders to the military?

Ha,ha, now we can see who the stupid one is. Petreaus just happened to be Director of the CIA at the time of Benghazi, and they were adamant to claim that they did not give the stand down order.
So, if they had given the stand down order, who do you think it would have been, genius?

This from a right-wing source, even:
The CIA made it clear that it was NOT they who issued the “Stand Down” orders to their people.
thenationalpatriot.com » Blog Archive » Weekend Edition: Petraeus ? A 4 Star Scapegoat

Moreover, no one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need: claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate.” So if not the CIA…then who did issue the stand down orders?
Benghazi Stand Down Denials Don't Stand Up To Reason - Forbes

So mr not stupid, if the CIA is not able to issue stand down orders, why is the CIA being so adamant to let everyone know that they didn't? Wouldn't it have been obvious if we used your "intelligent" logic? :eusa_whistle:

The problem with right-wingers is that they think they are so much smarter than everyone else, and then they show their ass! :lol:

The two parties have different agendas? Can you point out to me, exactly, how the agenda has changed now that Obama is in office? I want specifics, not your imagination and delusions.

Oh come on, don't tell me that you don't know that the GOP's agenda is to keep the wealthy from paying more taxes while stabbing the middle-class and below in the back, while the Democratic agenda is to end all the subsidies to the rich/corporations and save the programs that help the middle-class and the poor.

And, I didn't say the agenda has changed now that Obama is in office, so you must be seeing things that are not there.

I was wrong, you have no imagination, there is nothing there but delusions.

No, you don't know what you are talking about, you probably don't even know what agenda means.

Poor G, the two seals were not a "rescue team", you are just a liar.

The two former SEALS, Tyrone Woods, 41, and Glen Doherty, 42, were not employed by the State Department diplomatic security office and instead were what is known as personal service contractors who had other duties related to security, the officials said.

They stepped into action, however, when Stevens became separated from the small security detail normally assigned to protect him when he traveled from the more fortified embassy in Tripoli to Benghazi, the officials said.

The two ex-Seals and others engaged in a lengthy firefight with the extremists who attacked the compound, a fight that stretched from the inner area of the consulate to an outside annex and a nearby safe house -- a location that the insurgents appeared to know about, the officials said.

U.S. officials clarify administration description of two heroes in Libya attack | Washington Guardian

They took it upon themselves to go help, something a mangina like you would never do.

Yes they did. Woods talked to his CIA handler who didn't want him to go. He argued with him and did in fact go.

Doherty pretty much bribed a plane to fly he and others to Benghazi.

Pretty good write up on it in " Benghazi the Definitive Report" which was written by two ex Spec Op guys. Murphy and Webb. Webb was a close personal friend and teammate of Doherty. You can bet your ass those two reached and and touched those that were there to get the story.

Good book with loads of info on Libya before and after Ghadaffi. Also loads of info on the Ambassador. That man was a gem and he certainly was in the right place. Libya.

I am looking forward to the testimony of the survivors.

Last edited:
Please enlighten us about the "warnings" that Bush and Condi "totally ignored."

Let them release all the PDB's during the summer of 2001 and I'll let you know.

Makes you wonder why Clinton NSA director Berger felt compelled to steal or destroy classified documents if it were that simple.

Review the case before you make false claims about what Berger did.

"According to the lead prosecutor in the case Berger only took copies of classified information and no original material was destroyed."

Sandy Berger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But the systemic lying or making up your own facts is typical of the rabid right.

Let them release all the PDB's during the summer of 2001 and I'll let you know.

Makes you wonder why Clinton NSA director Berger felt compelled to steal or destroy classified documents if it were that simple.

"According to the lead prosecutor in the case Berger only took copies of classified information and no original material was destroyed."

But the systemic lying or making up your own facts is typical of the rabid right.

Bullshit that lying or making up facts is exclusive to the rabid right considering that we are in the middle of dealing with a pretty big whopper from Obama right now.

:lol:

You really should get off that high horse before it bucks you.

Bullshit that lying or making up facts is exclusive to the rabid right considering that we are in the middle of dealing with a pretty big whopper from Obama right now.

"First of all, there’s an FBI investigation which is ongoing. And we look to that investigation to give us the definitive word as to what transpired."

S. Rice.

Not only was there no FBI investigation going on when Rice said there was an investigation going on, there isn't an FBI investigation going on now.

Not only was there no FBI investigation going on when Rice said there was an investigation going on, there isn't an FBI investigation going on now.

Sure there isn't.

FBI posts new pictures of Benghazi suspects - CBS News

The FBI has posted new pictures of suspects wanted in the investigation into the Benghazi consulate attack last September.

On Wednesday, the bureau posted on their website surveillance photos of three men, one of which appears to be holding a rocket launcher.

Are those photos of Elmer Fudd, Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny?

The FBI is doing nothing. They did nothing right after the attack. Whatever they are doing, they are doing for show.

Three days after the attack CNN were able to retrieve the Ambassador's journal from the compound but the FBI didn't get to Libya for how many weeks?

The FBI were too busy investigating the Petraeus "affair" I suppose.

Are those photos of Elmer Fudd, Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny?

The FBI is doing nothing. They did nothing right after the attack. Whatever they are doing, they are doing for show.

Continuing to make up your own facts I see.

Sure there isn't.

FBI posts new pictures of Benghazi suspects - CBS News

The FBI has posted new pictures of suspects wanted in the investigation into the Benghazi consulate attack last September.

On Wednesday, the bureau posted on their website surveillance photos of three men, one of which appears to be holding a rocket launcher.

Photos released almost 6 months after the fact. Those guys are on the ball!

It seems like many Republicans don't mind stooping to the level of lying, especially on this Benghazi non-issue, so why would it surprise anyone.

Mrs. Toensing, a Republican former U.S. prosecutor, told Fox News on Monday that she had been refused a clearance to represent a Benghazi whistleblower she said was a career Foreign Service officer.
The State Department replied Wednesday that it had not received any such requests for a security clearance.
That tale took another twist Thursday with department spokesman Patrick Ventrell accusing Mrs. Toensing of “lying.”
Since the State Department issued its denial, he said, Mrs. Toensing “has been in contact with us and is now going through the procedures to get a security clearance. But this individual was on TV repeatedly saying that they were being held back from getting a security clearance before they’d even picked up the phone to call us.”
“She was making false statements,” Mr. Ventrell added, “false statements are lying. … We had somebody who was on national television saying that we were blocking them from getting a security clearance, which was not true.”
For the third day in a row, Ms. Toensing declined to grant The Washington Times’ request for an interview.

Read more: Benghazi investigations included CIA activities; personnel had secret base in Libyan city - Washington Times

"First of all, there’s an FBI investigation which is ongoing. And we look to that investigation to give us the definitive word as to what transpired."

S. Rice.

And yet Hick's, the top Diplomat there, after Stevens was killed, was never interviewed by the FBI.

It seems like many Republicans don't mind stooping to the level of lying, especially on this Benghazi non-issue, so why would it surprise anyone.

Mrs. Toensing, a Republican former U.S. prosecutor, told Fox News on Monday that she had been refused a clearance to represent a Benghazi whistleblower she said was a career Foreign Service officer.
The State Department replied Wednesday that it had not received any such requests for a security clearance.
That tale took another twist Thursday with department spokesman Patrick Ventrell accusing Mrs. Toensing of “lying.”
Since the State Department issued its denial, he said, Mrs. Toensing “has been in contact with us and is now going through the procedures to get a security clearance. But this individual was on TV repeatedly saying that they were being held back from getting a security clearance before they’d even picked up the phone to call us.”
“She was making false statements,” Mr. Ventrell added, “false statements are lying. … We had somebody who was on national television saying that we were blocking them from getting a security clearance, which was not true.”
For the third day in a row, Ms. Toensing declined to grant The Washington Times’ request for an interview.

Read more: Benghazi investigations included CIA activities; personnel had secret base in Libyan city - Washington Times

Hmm....., Just like Congressman Issa just caught the honorable Mrs. Maloney in an obvious lie about access to the witnesses.

Last edited:

Hmm....., Just like Congressman Issa just caught the honorable Mrs. Maloney in an obvious lie about access to the witnesses.

That was when I had a phone call, can you tell me what was said?

Forum List

Back