Speeding Most Common Factor Behind Car Crashes

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
clouds-low-angle-shot-perspective-164524-816x520.jpg

Aggressive driving.

Speeding, hard acceleration, hard cornering, and hard braking.

“Some of the results are no surprise, but prior to this we had a whole industry based on intuition,” notes co-author Allaa (Ella) Hilal, an adjunct professor of electrical and computer engineering at the university. “Now it is formulated – we know aggressive driving has an impact.

A personal note. It seems to me that drugs and being distracted play a huge role in this.

More @ Slow & Steady: Speeding Most Common Factor Behind Car Crashes, Study Finds

A buddy of mine was recently in an accident that happened because the woman who hit him couldn't lay her phone down for two seconds.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. I used to work with another guy who was killed because he couldn't lay his own phone down. He drove himself right into a tree and was taken instantly.

I can't even count the close calls I have had due to distracted, raging, hurried idiots on the road. Selfish assholes with no regard for others.
My view is you cause an accident you should lose license for at least a year. Drivers testing is far too lame and there are far too many drivers who don't even know the basics.

Aggressive driving.

“Some of the results are no surprise, but prior to this we had a whole industry based on intuition,” notes co-author Allaa (Ella) Hilal, an adjunct professor of electrical and computer engineering at the university. “Now it is formulated – we know aggressive driving has an impact.

A personal note. It seems to me that drugs and being distracted play a huge role in this.

More @ Slow & Steady: Speeding Most Common Factor Behind Car Crashes, Study Finds
^^^
Fake news/Insurance company propaganda.

AKA SPAM

Damn near every day I have to wake some asshole who is looking down at his phone up when the light turns green.

And they are so happy when I do too. They often shout with joy and do that funny wave with just one finger extended.

Aggressive driving.

^^^
Fake news/Insurance company propaganda.

AKA SPAM
This isn't.
I see it happen every day.
images (20).jpeg
I watch the local roads around me become fucking NASCAR every rush hour.
Frankly I feel safer at bar closing hours, at least the drunks are trying to watch the road.

Speeding is a factor in many serious accidents. Driving can be boring as hell, especially on open roads, until it gets REALLY exciting. Excessive speed cuts down on the amount of time you have to react.

Forum List

Back