Spending like a drunk'n sailor...

WorldWatcher

Gold Member
Dec 28, 2010
VA
>

Having been a drunk sailor on leave in CONUS from New York to California and Washington (State) to Florida, in Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Australia, Thailand, etc...

I wish we would stop saying that politicians spend like drunk'n sailors. Why?

In my day when a sailor went on liberty in these ports we went out with a fixed amount of money in our pockets. Once it was gone it was gone.

I can't think of one time awakening in Olongapo (read as sobering up) and finding that I'd spent 20 years worth of pay in one night of drunk'n stupor.

Let's end the bigotry and insults against drunk'n sailors

**burp**

>>>>

No one on the planet spends like our Politicians....and I throw the lot of Republicans in with those stupid bastard Liberal Democrats as well.Things better change and real quick or we face a nightmare of epic proportions.

:talktothehand:

And the OTHER Sailor myth I find annoying is the Horney as a sailor on shore leave myth.

Excuse me, please but I was a sailor for 4 years three hours and 16 minutes.

I can assure you that I was horny when I was on duty, too.

That is all.

As you were.

And the OTHER Sailor myth I find annoying is the Horney as a sailor on shore leave myth.

Excuse me, please but I was a sailor for 4 years three hours and 16 minutes.

I can assure you that I was horny when I was on duty, too.

That is all.

As you were.

:lol:

>>>>

Granny says its cause o' dem songs "Sha-la-la-la-la-la Live for Today an' We're on the Eve of Destruction an' Don't Worry, Be Happy...
:redface:
Spending habits: Back to old ways?
February 18, 2011
=snip=
In fact, 52% of consumers say the recession has "forever changed" the way they spend and save, according to a recent survey by Citigroup. But that's down from 63% when the same survey was conducted a year ago. "I look at all this talk as New Year's resolutions, nice sentiments but not likely to be implemented with any degree of consistency," said Robert Brusca, chief economist at Fact and Opinion Economics. "Once we get into a better a recovery period then we will know whether this new consumer pledge really means anything or not."

And recent reports indicate otherwise. Personal income and spending both rose in December even as personal savings declined, according to the latest data from the Commerce Department. The amount of revolving consumer debt, mostly on credit cards, also rose in December after falling for 26 straight months, according to the Federal Reserve. The stores are feeling the rush: After a strong holiday season, retail sales rose again in the January, marking the seventh month of gains.

"The fear of getting fired or not being able to find another job is receding, at the same time you are noticing that you have holes in your socks and your car is old and you are no where near your credit card limit and your savings has grown," said Lakshman Achuthan, managing director of the Economic Cycle Research Institute. He predicts that "strong across-the-board consumer spending is going to continue well into 2011" and sales will improve further going forward.

FULL

Forum List

Back