Spitting on Dr Kings legacy

i've never seen an actual quote from Perry where he is advocating that Texas should secede from the rest of the states. Since you claim "he has said repeatedly that he is for Texas secession", could you provide an actual quote where he is saying it once? That would be a quote from Perry himself, not the interpretation of what he said from an imbecile like rightwinger or uscitizen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5xTxcFA398&feature=fvst]Rick Perry / Austin Tea Party ::: On Secession and "Right Wing Extremism" - YouTube[/ame]

That article goes on to give the same words from the video.

There are many sites both for and against Perry on this issue. My feeling is that in April 2009, Perry showed his true colors and implied that if Texas didn't get its way, Texas would secede... with his blessings.

I will grant you one thing in your post. I said "repeatedly" and all of the links I have found in trying to answer your request, seem to be pointing to that April 2009 comment. And yet, Perry stood by that comment and to my knowledge still does so today:

Read more: Governor Says Texans May Want To Secede From Union But Probably Won't | FoxNews.com

On Thursday, Perry called potential secession a "side issue of Texas history. ... We are very proud of our Texas history; people discuss and debate the issues of can we break ourselves into five states, can we secede, a lot of interesting things that I'm sure Oklahoma and Pennsylvania would love to be able to say about their states, but the fact is, they can't because they're not Texas."

A Perry spokeswoman said Perry believes Texas could secede if it wanted.

I'm sorry, but as dissatisfied as I am with this President and the way we are headed, I will not support a man that haphazardly wants to tear it apart.

Immie

My view is that he is a politician - and that means being a 'tough talker' at times. Perry would no more walk away from the Union than the majority of other Americans. Sorry, Immie, you're wrong on this one... and I'm not a huge Perry fan.

You're wrong... I am never wrong. ;)

At least that is what I tell my wife. Funny, she always rolls her eyes back and sort of pirouettes and walks away when I tell her that too. :lol:

Immie

I know of a lot of incredible sculptors that produce bronzes, they were customers and friends in Loveland, Colorado........... stone carving is a whole different animal. I would like to see any restrictions the people that were commissioning the work, had in choosing the sculptor. Were caucasian sculptors even allowed to bid?
I have seen a big difference in the way I'm treated by certain people at my job in the last year or so. Black people, both men and women, that I have worked with and have always been friendly with will suddenly look away when I walk by. Ones that used to say hello back will look through me, the feeling is palpable...... I haven't changed but they have in how they act towards me.
Like the TV channel BET, no whites need apply seems to be the rule there and other places.

The more I have thought about the thread title, and have - over the past couple of days - looked back over the words of Dr King... I have come to the conclusion that those who are spitting on Dr King's legacy.... they're the people who use race to score points, who call others a racist for no real reason (and I've done it a few times myself - usually at those who have done it to me...)

So, my lefty buddies... take a long, hard look at yourselves.... because you are the ones spitting on Dr King's legacy. Shame on you. Shame on you. Shame. On. You.

Wow....that is what passes as profound thought?

Sounds more like playground logic. If you question racism then you must be a racist

shame.....shame....shame

The more I have thought about the thread title, and have - over the past couple of days - looked back over the words of Dr King... I have come to the conclusion that those who are spitting on Dr King's legacy.... they're the people who use race to score points, who call others a racist for no real reason (and I've done it a few times myself - usually at those who have done it to me...)

So, my lefty buddies... take a long, hard look at yourselves.... because you are the ones spitting on Dr King's legacy. Shame on you. Shame on you. Shame. On. You.

Sounds more like playground logic. If you question racism then you must be a racist

shame.....shame....shame

It's the Race Card Card....most played card in the deck around here.

shame.....shame....shame

Did I claim it was 'profound'? No. Comprehension fail, as per usual.

I just happen to have re-read Dr King's speeches. I can't find one that comes close to suggesting that it is ok to call people racists for political point scoring... in fact, quite the opposite. And yet, it is SOP for fools like truthdon'tmatter, fail&won'tgo, rdweeb, etc, etc, etc.

They don't 'question racism', they call people 'racists' just for the craic of it. That is racism. It is the opposite of what Dr King preached.... I'm sure you know the words... "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

So, my question.... when are the left gonna start respecting those words and stop spitting on Dr King's legacy?

shame.....shame....shame

I just happen to have re-read Dr King's speeches. I can't find one that comes close to suggesting that it is ok to call people racists for political point scoring... in fact, quite the opposite. And yet, it is SOP for fools like truthdon'tmatter, fail&won'tgo, rdweeb, etc, etc, etc.

They don't 'question racism', they call people 'racists' just for the craic of it. That is racism. It is the opposite of what Dr King preached.... I'm sure you know the words... "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

So, my question.... when are the left gonna start respecting those words and stop spitting on Dr King's legacy?

I have a dream......that people will not call people racists for political point scoring

Guess you are right, he never said that

However, applying your profound observation on racism to this thread is highly offensive. To claim that King deserves little credit for Civil Rights because it was "given to him" by those in power is the utmost in racist revisionist history. A renowned scholar such as yourself should know better

I would hope they had "artists renderings" as prototypes. If this thing looks nothing like it, then i would not pay for it...or allow it to be put up. If this is what was signed off on...i would want to know who did the signing off.

I don't care if the guy was a martian. This is a damn poor job in likeness to the man.

The proportions are wrong by my eye. The shoulders are to wide and the body to thick. Not to mention the face is nothing like kings.

Yes and the way they have him standing in the statue with his arms cross and that scowl across his face is not the way he came across to people, this whole thing makes me fucking sick to be honest. It is shameful.:evil:

I dont think i have ever seen an image of king with his arms folded like that. I always see his in my minds eye with one had up..like the preacher he was.

The expression is horrible! King was not about anger.... this face and body language, to me, is all about anger.

how much did they pay for this thing anyway?

The face, body language and stance of that statue is similar to ones dictators in Asian countries use, Mao used to stand like that all the time and so does Kim Jong Il, what a fuckin shame. I heard they paid $120 million for this monstrosity.

Using race to score points?

Who is it that really turns claims of racism into a game?

who is it that answers complaints of the black community into silly taunts so they dont have to think of their fellow Americans in any meaninful way?

The people who created the term "RACE CARD".

Yeap some bigot thought that one up to use in what they saw as merely a game.

If you dont want to have to actually discuss racism then you just use this handy dandy little phrase and Poof.

Now here comes Cali Girl who took days of thought to come to the Pee Wee defense for something she could not square with her conservative talking points.

"I know you are but what am I"

So very profound.

who is it that answers complaints of the black community into silly taunts so they dont have to think of their fellow Americans in any meaninful way?

If you dont want to have to actually discuss racism then you just use this handy dandy little phrase and Poof.

Now here comes Cali Girl who took days of thought to come to the Pee Wee defense for something she could not square with her conservative talking points.

So very profound.

Fuck off, racist.

Better?

:lol:

*Sits back and waits for accusations of 'hate' from the resident hater.* :lol:

shame.....shame....shame

I have a dream......that people will not call people racists for political point scoring

However, applying your profound observation on racism to this thread is highly offensive. To claim that King deserves little credit for Civil Rights because it was "given to him" by those in power is the utmost in racist revisionist history. A renowned scholar such as yourself should know better

Where did she or anyone else in this thread, except for maybe a troll or two whom I usually skip over and did this time if it happened, ever claim that Dr. King deserved little or no credit for the Civil Rights Movements?

As usual TDM made an unsubstantiated claim and many lefties took that as being gospel without either asking her to prove it, which she never did, or even looking up the facts themselves, nor could they, themselves, prove it, nor would they speak the truth and tell her that she is a liar in the first degree. They went along with her idiocy and are still doing so now.

Immie

So very profound.

Have you by any chance read the opening posts of this thread or the title that was used?

Oh, wait, you wrote it. You opened this thread with using racism to score political points.

You're not only a liar but a hypocrite to boot.

Immie

shame.....shame....shame

I claimed that? Where - exactly?

You're a sad bastard, rightie... seriously... it is pathetic to claim I said something I didn't say... especially on a fucking message board where everyone can see exactly what was said and by whom. You cannot possibly back up your ridiculous accusation.... shame on you for your fucking stupid lies. :lol::lol: What an idiot!

Where did she or anyone else in this thread, except for maybe a troll or two whom I usually skip over and did this time if it happened, ever claim that Dr. King deserved little or no credit for the Civil Rights Movements?

As usual TDM made an unsubstantiated claim and many lefties took that as being gospel without either asking her to prove it, which she never did, or even looking up the facts themselves, nor could they, themselves, prove it, nor would they speak the truth and tell her that she is a liar in the first degree. They went along with her idiocy and are still doing so now.

Immie

That was the subject of this thread. That an associate of Rick Perry had said that King did not deserve credit. Everything else on this thread is an attempt to deflect from that point

I claimed that? Where - exactly?

You're a sad bastard, rightie... seriously... it is pathetic to claim I said something I didn't say... especially on a fucking message board where everyone can see exactly what was said and by whom. You cannot possibly back up your ridiculous accusation.... shame on you for your fucking stupid lies. :lol::lol: What an idiot!

Try to keep up with the thread California Girl. This thread has a subject, which is that an associate of Rick Perry had said that King did not deserve credit for the Civil Rights movement because the people in power gave it to him

You are the one who dismissed liberals for using race baiting as a way to score political points because of this. Some claims of racism happen to be true despite the Conservatives screaming Race card......Race Card any time racism is brought up

Immie

That was the subject of this thread. That an associate of Rick Perry had said that King did not deserve credit. Everything else on this thread is an attempt to deflect from that point

Yes, it was the subject of this thread. But what you're refusing to see is that even after being asked for proof that "an associate of Rick Perry had said that King did not deserve credit" no proof has been shown.

So you, along with several others just ate up Truthnevermatters lie and ran with it even though it's never been proven.

Truthnevermatters just ran away from this thread and ignored the requests for proof, which is a pattern for the little liar.

What's your excuse?

Rick

So very profound.

Have you by any chance read the opening posts of this thread or the title that was used?

Oh, wait, you wrote it. You opened this thread with using racism to score political points.

You're not only a liar but a hypocrite to boot.

Immie

Oh good we are making progress you refrained from using the republican bullet point pharse of race card.

But you are still using the idiot logic contain in that racist little phrase that calling out racism is equal to racism.

Sorry but there is just no way out of this issue for the right.

They fail to attract any substancial number of people of color into their ranks because of their racism. They then try to deflect this fact by insulting anyone who talks about their racism.

Racism still exsists and insulting people for pointing it out by just pointing the finger back at the complaintant is failed logic and merely an attempt to avoid dealing with each individual case of racism.

You cant handle the truth

Immie

And by all evidence presented so far, it is a lie, but you lefties won't tell her that she is a liar. There have been several requests that one of you produce any quotes from David Barton, actually from David Barton stating that Dr. King does not deserve credit for the Civil Rights Movement. Not one of you have been able to do so. Avatar produced evidence that shows that David Barton does not appear to be racist in that he was pointing out how much of a role people of color played in the Revolution.

Yet, you guys keep patting the real liar on her back and congratulating her for being a liar. Amazing, utterly amazing.

I said much earlier in the thread, Dr. King does not deserve all the credit for the Civil Rights Movement and stating that he does is a slap in the face to all the men and women who either gave or risked their lives to bring Civil Rights Equality to this nation. Saying he does not deserve all the credit is not the same as saying he does not deserve any credit. Dr. King played a very important role in the movement, but he was not alone.

Immie

Forum List

Back