Starbucks implements gun-free zones in stores - and gets robbed at gunpoint

The rights of some American Citizens to arm themselves should be infringed, given the anger expressed by Vox and OO7. Neither should be allowed to own, possess or have in their custody or control a gun; even in a simple discussion they resort to fighting words and profanity and both are George Zimmerman's, and as such a danger to the public.

It seems katzndogz should also be denied the privilege to own, possess or have in his/her custody and control a gun, car, knife - a deadly weapon of any sort.

...particularly if there are pot smokers around.

The rights of some American Citizens to arm themselves should be infringed, given the anger expressed by Vox and OO7. Neither should be allowed to own, possess or have in their custody or control a gun; even in a simple discussion they resort to fighting words and profanity and both are George Zimmerman's, and as such a danger to the public.

It seems katzndogz should also be denied the privilege to own, possess or have in his/her custody and control a gun, car, knife - a deadly weapon of any sort.

:lol: I was gonna harrass you for being a stalinist but it's Christmas Eve and I'm chillin for the next 39 hours so you get a pass.

Merry Christmas ya little prick.

And a happy holiday to you Jarhead. Oh, and BTW, I'm 6'2" and 230 and you should call me sir, since I'm a former Sailor (1967 -1969)

:lol: sure ya are "SIR". How about a pic of you in your little white cap? :eusa_angel:

Yea because one of you coffe drinking Rambos would have stopped him.:) more likely you would have shot yourself in the leg.

Never ceases to amaze me how you pajama boys always react with "you'll shoot yourself!" What pathetic little lives you must live to be afraid of protecting yourselves in order to not hurt yourself. Like your first reaction is hoping to not be shot by the criminal because you are too incompetent to trust yourself with your own defense. An armed robber is the second most dangerous person to you during a robbery, you with a gun is the most dangerous person to yourself in this situation. How pathetic.

It never ceases to amaze me how you people are unable to use logic. People who don't carry guns are the ones who are not afraid. People who can't function in life without being armed because they are so paranoid and afraid of their own shadow they think they are always under attack are the ones who are afraid. How pathetic to go through life being so fearful that you can't go to a coffee shop, the grocers or even stay home without the constant worry that you are under attack at any moment and you must be armed in order to protect yourself. Really, really pathetic.
Wow, who told you that? You analysis is completely wrong.

:lol: I was gonna harrass you for being a stalinist but it's Christmas Eve and I'm chillin for the next 39 hours so you get a pass.

Merry Christmas ya little prick.

And a happy holiday to you Jarhead. Oh, and BTW, I'm 6'2" and 230 and you should call me sir, since I'm a former Sailor (1967 -1969)

You were only in for two years?
Get thrown out in a homo discharge?

Military contracts used to have a minimum of two years.

I don't know about naval officers back then, but the current ones are the most unqualified self absorbed incapable of learning privileged idiots I've ever met. So I would never be proud to call myself a naval officer.

As robbers become more desperate, will it become common knowledge among robbers that BEFORE you start to rob a store, shoot everyone inside first, cause you just don't know who will be carrying.

Seems like a reasonable precaution from the robbers POV.

And very hard for you gun nutters to stop from happening. Surprise works to the advantage of the robber. Before you ever go for your gun, you get shot. Then what you gonna do? Call 911?

More desperate?

That makes no sense in the case of a typical offender who just wants a few bucks.

Typically, they aren't going to "gangland style" murder everyone in the place unless it was believed those people would pose a threat to their getting caught or identified.

You watched the video, din't ya?

Ladies and Gents: This is a textbook example of what SOME people do with information WITHOUT supervision.

He watched the video and now he assumes EVERYONE in the place is automatically going to be shot in cold blood.

That's not typical.

Show me the imposed gun free zone. When you cant will you stop saying it exists?

Probably not

isn't that the whole purpose of the announcement 3 months ago?

I don't go to Starbucks anymore so I don't know their signs.

I said show me the imposed gun free zone. You cant so stop saying it exists.

Starbucks CEO announced they are gun free zone 3 months ago.

it does not exist in your mind only

you may reel in your bile and anger as much as you wish but my CCW permit is valid for 20+ states :D

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun...

... is a GOOD GUY WITH A GUN.

Or the fear of a good guy with a gun. That actually works, and then the actual good guy doesn't have to do anything. Just be there.

yep. that is exactly what it is.

People in free carry states are much more polite, than in NYC, for example.

And the OP’s thread fails, victim of a post hoc fallacy.

You can't call it a post hoc fallacy when someone's argument's predictions have been coming true for decades.

Of course you can.

The hold up had nothing to do with the gun policy.

Is the argument here that the gun policy itself caused the robbery? Or is the argument that laws and/or policies restricting guns fail to stop gun crime and instead only leave innocent people in harms way and unable to defend themselves?

Yes the hole freaking thread is about how the robbery would not have happened if a gun free zone that isn't actually a gun free zone was not a gun free zone.

Yes the hole freaking thread is about how the robbery would not have happened if a gun free zone that isn't actually a gun free zone was not a gun free zone.

If the gun free zone had actually been defined a gun free zone instead of not a gun free zone but instead a policy of no guns then the argument of no guns instead of a gun free zone would have helped this thread debating a gun free zone that is actually a no guns policy.

isn't that the whole purpose of the announcement 3 months ago?

I don't go to Starbucks anymore so I don't know their signs.

I said show me the imposed gun free zone. You cant so stop saying it exists.

Starbucks CEO announced they are gun free zone 3 months ago.

it does not exist in your mind only

No he didnt and that is why you wont post a link because you cant link to shit that never happened

Looks like Starbucks is finding out the hard way: When you ban people who obey laws and rule, from carrying guns in your stores, people who DON'T obey laws and rules come in with guns.

But the leftists will continue to insist, their laws will work if only we have enough of them. WHen they fail, that's simply a sign we need more.

-----------------------------------------

Blog: How's that gun-free zone working out for Starbucks?

How's that gun-free zone working out for Starbucks?

by Thomas Lifson
December 19, 2013

Three months ago, Starbucks' CEO Howard Schultz proudly announced a gun-free zone policy for his company's stores.

So, how's it working out? KKTV TV in Colorado Springs reports:

Police are searching for a man who held up at Colorado Springs Starbucks Sunday morning.

Employees told officers that after the suspect walled in, he pulled out a gun and demanded money from the register. He left after employees gave him money. No one was injured.

The suspect is described as a black man in his early-to-mid 20s, slim and about 6 feet tall to 6-foot-2. He was dressed in all black. Police say he may have left the area in a black Subaru-style vehicle.

----------------------------------------

Well, yeah...did anyone actually NOT see this coming?

Yea because one of you coffe drinking Rambos would have stopped him.:) more likely you would have shot yourself in the leg.

I recently completed 16 hours of firearms training from a State Police certified instructor.

We were given a similar scenario to contemplate. The instructor's advice was to flee the situation and call 9-1-1. He further advised us that IF we chose to confront the perpetrator, we should get his/her attention until they faced us front-on. Only then can one shoot to kill.

This is the responsibility of lawfully carrying and using a concealed firearm.

To a perpetrator, there is no responsibility nor are there laws.

Now you choose who's side you are on...

Well I was given 13 weeks of basic training numbnuts. Have you ever seen someone bleeding to death from a stomach wound asshole?

No...are you volunteering to demonstrate that?

I'm sure by now everyone has discovered there is no "gun free zone" in Starbucks

actually quite a few of my friends and me included stop going to Starbucks after it was declared a gun free zone.
not because I want to punish the owners, they have the right to have their own rules, but because Starbucks just declared that it is not safe anymore.
I don't want to risk and go to the stupid gun-free zone which is a sole unifying factor for any mass shooting spree in the US.

I stopped going to Starbucks after my first visit, which ended with me paying way too much for a cup of absolutely horrible coffee.

Yer projecting, dude!

Never ceases to amaze me how you pajama boys always react with "you'll shoot yourself!" What pathetic little lives you must live to be afraid of protecting yourselves in order to not hurt yourself. Like your first reaction is hoping to not be shot by the criminal because you are too incompetent to trust yourself with your own defense. An armed robber is the second most dangerous person to you during a robbery, you with a gun is the most dangerous person to yourself in this situation. How pathetic.

It never ceases to amaze me how you people are unable to use logic. People who don't carry guns are the ones who are not afraid. People who can't function in life without being armed because they are so paranoid and afraid of their own shadow they think they are always under attack are the ones who are afraid. How pathetic to go through life being so fearful that you can't go to a coffee shop, the grocers or even stay home without the constant worry that you are under attack at any moment and you must be armed in order to protect yourself. Really, really pathetic.
Holy sh*t sweet cheeks you figured me out. I'm paranoid!

You know how paranoid I am? I have a spare tire on my truck. Paranoid about flat tires in your eyes I guess. You know what else I have in my paranoid state? I have in my tool box...jumper cables, tire chains, a tow rope and a set of sockets and wrenches. I guess I'm not prepared but rather just paranoid.

Know what else I have? Locks on my vehicles, I sh*t you not. I have devices that actually lock the f*cking doors of my vehicles to keep people out. Paranoid I guess. And to prove my paranoia, and this is the key I think, I have locks on my doors at home. F*cking crazy I know. Actual locks...on my doors...to my house...WTF!

So yeah I guess I'm a little paranoid, or as I prefer to call it prepared. And yes my paranoia has taken me to the point I do carry a gun just because...well sh*t, If I'm going to be concerned about a flat tire and locking my doors at night why the f*ck not take this paranoia all the way.

You're an idiot.

Forum List

Back