🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Starbucks Red Holiday Cup Controversy Brews

I personally don't care. Starbucks had the right to not sell anything Christmas the same way a baker has a right to not make fag cakes.
Their loss. Starbucks is usually on my Christmas shopping list, but if they're going to join the War on Christmas, I'll cross them off the list.
How, precisely, is a red coffee cup involved in a "War on Christmas"?

I personally don't care. Starbucks had the right to not sell anything Christmas the same way a baker has a right to not make fag cakes.
Their loss. Starbucks is usually on my Christmas shopping list, but if they're going to join the War on Christmas, I'll cross them off the list.
How, precisely, is a red coffee cup involved in a "War on Christmas"?

DON'T YOU SEE???? THEY TOOK AWAY THE SNOWFLAKES!!! You know, the snowflakes that gathered around the manger and sang to Baby Jesus until the shepherds got there? How can it be Christmas without snowflakes? Especially in Nazareth, where it hasn't been cold enough for snow since the last Ice Age...

Christians just need to spend Christmas doing what it was began for. Celebrating the birth of Christ. Forget buying gifts, celebrate with family and friends.

Can we then say that a coffee cup, or a greeting of 'Happy Holidays' or 'Season's Greetings1' are not salvos in a cultural 'War on Christmas', but the means for some hammer headed Conservative activist to act as if (no, not act as if he has faith) but to act as if he is highly offended and has little or no interest in Peace on Earth, Goodwill toward Men?

"War On Christianity"?
Christianity is successfully shooting itself in the foot...in a hilarious, fast-motion, black-and-white, slapstick way...with the music of Benny Hill playing in the background.

I wish the phony christians would come tell us what is un-xmas-y about red cups.

Actually, if Starbucks had just started using them and not said anything, the idiots would never have noticed. As usual, the reactionary dummies had to be told what to get all offended about.

:chillpill:
Kinda like chick fil a offended you?

jknowgood

You mean because, just like you, they hate the US founding principle of equality?

Nope. My country is strong enough to withstand assholes who worship Pootin and hate the US.

The only thing I find offensive about chick fil a is the cruelty to animals, poisoning their customers and raping the planet.

Feuerstein also tells his followers to go to Starbucks, order coffee, and when the barista asks their name, say it's "Merry Christmas," so they write it on the cups.

He writes, "I PRANKED THEM ... and they HATE IT!!!!"
So...his plan to teach Starbucks a lesson is to encourage people to go there and buy a coffee?

While I am not a religious man, I have understood the complaints of some conservatives over the past few years of department stores and other business bending over to political correctness by saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. After all, it is the Christmas season that gives all of these retailers their end of year push so the way I look at it, don't bite the hand that feeds you. However, this year's "War on Christmas" has reached a new level of insanity.

The sight of red cups being handed out at Starbucks usually signifies the “most wonderful time of the year” is underway, but this year’s holiday season at Starbucks is already being marred by a red cup controversy.

While red cups of Starbucks past have featured holiday symbols like reindeer and ornaments, this year’s cup is plain.

When the cup was unveiled earlier this month, the coffee chain described it as having a, “two-toned ombré design, with a bright poppy color on top that shades into a darker cranberry below.”

“Starbucks has become a place of sanctuary during the holidays,” Jeffrey Fields, Starbucks vice president of design and content, said in a news release announcing the cup. “We’re embracing the simplicity and the quietness of it. It’s a more open way to usher in the holiday.”

Ever since the 2015 cup was released in U.S. and Canada stores Nov. 1, Starbucks customers have taken to the Internet to say they do not like the cup's “purity of design,” as Fields called it.

Joshua Feuerstein, who identifies himself as an “American evangelist, Internet and social media personality” on his website, posted a video on Facebook about the Starbucks cup that has been shared nearly 500,000 times.

In the video, the Arizona-based Feuerstein says he told baristas in a Starbucks that his name was Merry Christmas so they would write Merry Christmas on the red cup.

“I think in the age of political correctness we’ve become so open minded our brains have literally fallen out of our head,” Feuerstein says in the video. “I decided instead of simply boycotting, well why don’t we just start a movement.”

Starbucks Red Holiday Cup Controversy Brews

Joshua Feuerstein is the Christian extremists' version of Alex Jones. I would hope that most conservative Christians aren't buying into his nonsense. What do snowflakes and reindeer have to do with the birth of the Christ child anyway? I think sometimes westerners, particularly Americans, forget that Christmas is celebrated all over different parts of the world, many places where it's summer time in December. No snow, folks. It's got dick to do with the holiday. Their new cup design, however, is certainly indicative of the holiday. If you can't deal with that, well, don't go to Starbucks then.

As an agnostic I don't have a problem in general with people having their religious beliefs, but when Christians start whining about how atheists, agnostics, and others have a problem with them, well, look no further than asshats like Feuerstein to understand why.
Jews also celebrate hanukkah at the same time of year as other do non christian holidays

What Starbucks does doesn't bother me anymore than when someone wishes me a Merry Christmas :dunno:

Let people enjoy their holidays in the manner in which they wish.

I just wish they'd wait until after Halloween to start the whole shebang...preferably after Thanksgiving.

Christians just need to spend Christmas doing what it was began for. Celebrating the birth of Christ. Forget buying gifts, celebrate with family and friends.

The economy would self-destruct.

I wish the phony christians would come tell us what is un-xmas-y about red cups.

Actually, if Starbucks had just started using them and not said anything, the idiots would never have noticed. As usual, the reactionary dummies had to be told what to get all offended about.

:chillpill:
Kinda like chick fil a offended you?

jknowgood

You mean because, just like you, they hate the US founding principle of equality?

Nope. My country is strong enough to withstand assholes who worship Pootin and hate the US.

The only thing I find offensive about chick fil a is the cruelty to animals, poisoning their customers and raping the planet.
You a vegetarian?

81a9042722bb3ede5b3c5eb34d455e70.jpg
Yeah that goes to the people who get offended when I say merry Christmas.

Nobody is offended by "merry christmas".

Its the fake christians who are offended by almost everything and believe they have the right to control everyone else.

Probably, but why should we spend money at places we are hated?

Starbucks hates you?
Of course!
There's no Santa on the coffee cups...honestly, what other conclusion could a reasonable person come to?

Feuerstein also tells his followers to go to Starbucks, order coffee, and when the barista asks their name, say it's "Merry Christmas," so they write it on the cups.

He writes, "I PRANKED THEM ... and they HATE IT!!!!"
So...his plan to teach Starbucks a lesson is to encourage people to go there and buy a coffee?

Pretty pathetic that he actually believes he made a point or that he "pranked" them.

Really shows how little respect he has for true Christianity.

Probably, but why should we spend money at places we are hated?

Starbucks hates you?
Of course!
There's no Santa on the coffee cups...honestly, what other conclusion could a reasonable person come to?

If Starbucks had just started using the red cups, they phony christians wouldn't know to be offended and would not have said anything.

They ALWAYS have to be told what to get hysterical about. My bet is fux will lead with this non-story and by tomorrow, every fundie asshole in the US will be picketing Starbucks.

But don't ask them to care about hungry children.

We did. Kicked the GOP out of the ex
11219402_1080022835365530_2948127885753552845_n.jpg

Prosecute anyone saying Happy Holidays as a "hate crime"
KsJeFQj.gif

The phony christians don't care about homelessness unless they have to look at it.

All they care about is running up their Master Card balance to prove what good christians they are.

No wonder people are leaving religion.

Truly care about the homeless? Stop supporting the ideology that makes them that way.
We did. Kicked the GOP out of the Presidency in 2008, repeat in 2012.

Forum List

Back