🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Starbucks Red Holiday Cup Controversy Brews

Christians just need to spend Christmas doing what it was began for. Celebrating the birth of Christ. Forget buying gifts, celebrate with family and friends.

The economy would self-destruct.
Probably, but why should we spend money at places we are hated?

Starbucks hates you?
Of course!
There's no Santa on the coffee cups...honestly, what other conclusion could a reasonable person come to?

If Starbucks had just started using the red cups, they phony christians wouldn't know to be offended and would not have said anything.

They ALWAYS have to be told what to get hysterical about. My bet is fux will lead with this non-story and by tomorrow, every fundie asshole in the US will be picketing Starbucks.

But don't ask them to care about hungry children.

What angers me is that these nutters are making me feel some sympathy for Starbucks!

If there is a war on Christmas, it is not being waged by Starbucks or by stores who want their employees to say "Happy Holidays".

It is being waged by pseudo-christians who think the design on a cardboard coffee cup is worth fighting over, but an abused child is not.

People all across the nation are living on the streets. They are fighting drug addictions. Children are spending their entire childhood in foster homes. Senior citizens are in retirement homes praying for a visitor. Women are staying in abusive situations because they think they have no choice. Children are going to bed hungry. You want to put Christ back into Christmas? Help someone. Spend some time with someone who needs to talk. Make your coffee at home and donate the difference between what it costs and what Starbucks charges. But spare us this faux-victim routine.

You think Jesus gives a rats ass about there not being snowflakes on an overpriced luxury drink cup is a problem?? Or do you think he cares about how we treat each other?

Oh, and if you think a solution to the problem is to spend money at Starbucks and "trick" the minimum wage counter clerk into saying "Merry Christmas", you are not only part of the problem, you are supporting your enemy and acting like a 12 year old.

Christians just need to spend Christmas doing what it was began for. Celebrating the birth of Christ. Forget buying gifts, celebrate with family and friends.
One could celebrate the Life of Christ by developing a Christ like attitude towards the poor. A Christian demonstrating that commitment would be President Carter who although he is in his 90 s and is ill with brain cancer continues to build housing for the poor....we could have a month in which we care for the poor and we try to empathize or put ourselves in the shoes of the poor...we avoid arrogant judgements on them ... I like your idea.....

Red cup? RED CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bet it has a little hammer and sickle on the bottom of the cup, those damned Commies are so sneaky. Bet Obama thought the whole thing up by hisself. Yessirreeeeee Bob, just can't be to careful of the onerous plots of them thar pinko commie Democrats. All join in;

Jews also celebrate hanukkah at the same time of year as other do non christian holidays

Can you imagine the howls of outrage if Starbucks used symbols of all of those religions on their coffee cups?

If there is a war on Christmas, it is not being waged by Starbucks or by stores who want their employees to say "Happy Holidays".

It is being waged by pseudo-christians who think the design on a cardboard coffee cup is worth fighting over, but an abused child is not.

People all across the nation are living on the streets. They are fighting drug addictions. Children are spending their entire childhood in foster homes. Senior citizens are in retirement homes praying for a visitor. Women are staying in abusive situations because they think they have no choice. Children are going to bed hungry. You want to put Christ back into Christmas? Help someone. Spend some time with someone who needs to talk. Make your coffee at home and donate the difference between what it costs and what Starbucks charges. But spare us this faux-victim routine.

You think Jesus gives a rats ass about there not being snowflakes on an overpriced luxury drink cup is a problem?? Or do you think he cares about how we treat each other?

Oh, and if you think a solution to the problem is to spend money at Starbucks and "trick" the minimum wage counter clerk into saying "Merry Christmas", you are not only part of the problem, you are supporting your enemy and acting like a 12 year old.
Nobody's making a big deal about Starbucks holiday cup designs and the conversation has played out very colloquial here. Furthermore, commentary on Starbucks need not be at the expense of caring about abused kids; another absurd claim. And since statistically, conservatives give more to charity than Leftists, holiday giving doesn't seem to suffer neglect from us just because we're having a chat about Starbucks. How you connect the two in your mind is an unfathomable mystery, but such is the futility of puzzling out the highly random and arbitrary thought processes of crazy people who post unintelligible nonsense like you do.

One could celebrate the Life of Christ by developing a Christ like attitude towards the poor. A Christian demonstrating that commitment would be President Carter who although he is in his 90 s and is ill with brain cancer continues to build housing for the poor....we could have a month in which we care for the poor and we try to empathize or put ourselves in the shoes of the poor...we avoid arrogant judgements on them ... I like your idea.....
I haven't the past couple of years, but I will this year. For my 93 year old grandmother. I let her pick someone in need and I give them a half day of labor for whatever they need done around their home. Give or take an hour but I finish the job.

Starbucks is a private company and can fuck their customers over all they want. The market will respond accordingly

Starbucks is a private company and can fuck their customers over all they want. The market will respond accordingly

Holy Hysteric Over Reaction, Batman!

A cranberry colored cup is not 'fucking their customers', my little drama queen.

If I know someone is christian I will wish them merry xmas, If I don't know I will wish them a happy holiday as I will not presume someone is christian and merry xmas will not be my default wish

Nobody's making a big deal about Starbucks holiday cup designs and the conversation has played out very colloquial here. Furthermore, commentary on Starbucks need not be at the expense of caring about abused kids; another absurd claim. And since statistically, conservatives give more to charity than Leftists, holiday giving doesn't seem to suffer neglect from us just because we're having a chat about Starbucks. How you connect the two in your mind is an unfathomable mystery, but such is the futility of puzzling out the highly random and arbitrary thought processes of crazy people who post unintelligible nonsense like you do.

Oh I see. Since the conservatives do more than liberals, there is no need to do any more?

I connect it because it serves to point out the insanity of this entire fiasco. The guy seemed so proud that he got a Starbucks clerk to say "Merry Christmas". It is pure nonsense.

If I know someone is christian I will wish them merry xmas, If I don't know I will wish them a happy holiday as I will not presume someone is christian and merry xmas will not be my default wish

That's my standard too. I try to tailor my response to my audience. If I know I'm talking to a Christian, its 'Merry Christmas' all the way. But I don't assume everyone I'm talking to is Christian.

Forum List

Back