🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Starbucks Red Holiday Cup Controversy Brews

If I know someone is christian I will wish them merry xmas, If I don't know I will wish them a happy holiday as I will not presume someone is christian and merry xmas will not be my default wish

That's my standard too. I try to tailor my response to my audience. If I know I'm talking to a Christian, its 'Merry Christmas' all the way. But I don't assume everyone I'm talking to is Christian.
Muslims and Jews don't get offended by Merry Christmas. It's atheists with a chip on their shoulder that flip shit. Nothing you can do about crazy assholes who are looking to be offended.

If I know someone is christian I will wish them merry xmas, If I don't know I will wish them a happy holiday as I will not presume someone is christian and merry xmas will not be my default wish

That's my standard too. I try to tailor my response to my audience. If I know I'm talking to a Christian, its 'Merry Christmas' all the way. But I don't assume everyone I'm talking to is Christian.
Muslims and Jews don't get offended by Merry Christmas. It's atheists with a chip on their shoulder that flip shit. Nothing you can do about crazy assholes who are looking to be offended.

Shrugs....I'm all about low drama in my actual life. And I've found tailoring my responses to my audience works pretty well on that front.

I'm offended by this cup.

It's not Thanksgiving yet mutherfukkers.
bf77011d85c8c2539f47d35049f2a68a.jpg

If there is a war on Christmas, it is not being waged by Starbucks or by stores who want their employees to say "Happy Holidays".

It is being waged by pseudo-christians who think the design on a cardboard coffee cup is worth fighting over, but an abused child is not.

People all across the nation are living on the streets. They are fighting drug addictions. Children are spending their entire childhood in foster homes. Senior citizens are in retirement homes praying for a visitor. Women are staying in abusive situations because they think they have no choice. Children are going to bed hungry. You want to put Christ back into Christmas? Help someone. Spend some time with someone who needs to talk. Make your coffee at home and donate the difference between what it costs and what Starbucks charges. But spare us this faux-victim routine.

You think Jesus gives a rats ass about there not being snowflakes on an overpriced luxury drink cup is a problem?? Or do you think he cares about how we treat each other?

Oh, and if you think a solution to the problem is to spend money at Starbucks and "trick" the minimum wage counter clerk into saying "Merry Christmas", you are not only part of the problem, you are supporting your enemy and acting like a 12 year old.
Nobody's making a big deal about Starbucks holiday cup designs and the conversation has played out very colloquial here. Furthermore, commentary on Starbucks need not be at the expense of caring about abused kids; another absurd claim. And since statistically, conservatives give more to charity than Leftists, holiday giving doesn't seem to suffer neglect from us just because we're having a chat about Starbucks. How you connect the two in your mind is an unfathomable mystery, but such is the futility of puzzling out the highly random and arbitrary thought processes of crazy people who post unintelligible nonsense like you do.
statistically, conservatives give more to charity than Leftists
That's incorrect.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1100129/who-gives.pdf

What the MIT researchers did find, however, was that conservatives give more to religious organizations, such as their own churches, and liberals more to secular recipients. Conservatives may give more overall, MIT says, but that's because they tend to be richer, so they have more money to give and get a larger tax benefit from giving it. (One of the things that makes social scientists skeptical of the benchmark survey Brooks used, in fact, is that it somehow concluded that liberals are richer than conservatives.)

The degree of religious contribution is important, because a 2007 study by Indiana University found that only 10% to 25% of church donations end up being spent on social welfare purposes, of which assistance to the poor is only a subset. In other words, if you think of "giving" as "giving to the poor," a lot of the money donated by conservatives may be missing the target.
Who's more charitable -- conservatives or liberals?

Jews don't get offended by Merry Christmas

yes we enjoy the goyim holidays, especially when I was in retail, what a friend in je$u$

If there is a war on Christmas, it is not being waged by Starbucks or by stores who want their employees to say "Happy Holidays".

It is being waged by pseudo-christians who think the design on a cardboard coffee cup is worth fighting over, but an abused child is not.

People all across the nation are living on the streets. They are fighting drug addictions. Children are spending their entire childhood in foster homes. Senior citizens are in retirement homes praying for a visitor. Women are staying in abusive situations because they think they have no choice. Children are going to bed hungry. You want to put Christ back into Christmas? Help someone. Spend some time with someone who needs to talk. Make your coffee at home and donate the difference between what it costs and what Starbucks charges. But spare us this faux-victim routine.

You think Jesus gives a rats ass about there not being snowflakes on an overpriced luxury drink cup is a problem?? Or do you think he cares about how we treat each other?

Oh, and if you think a solution to the problem is to spend money at Starbucks and "trick" the minimum wage counter clerk into saying "Merry Christmas", you are not only part of the problem, you are supporting your enemy and acting like a 12 year old.
Nobody's making a big deal about Starbucks holiday cup designs and the conversation has played out very colloquial here. Furthermore, commentary on Starbucks need not be at the expense of caring about abused kids; another absurd claim. And since statistically, conservatives give more to charity than Leftists, holiday giving doesn't seem to suffer neglect from us just because we're having a chat about Starbucks. How you connect the two in your mind is an unfathomable mystery, but such is the futility of puzzling out the highly random and arbitrary thought processes of crazy people who post unintelligible nonsense like you do.
That's incorrect.

What the MIT researchers did find, however, was that conservatives give more to religious organizations, such as their own churches, and liberals more to secular recipients. Conservatives may give more overall, MIT says, but that's because they tend to be richer, so they have more money to give and get a larger tax benefit from giving it. (One of the things that makes social scientists skeptical of the benchmark survey Brooks used, in fact, is that it somehow concluded that liberals are richer than conservatives.)

The degree of religious contribution is important, because a 2007 study by Indiana University found that only 10% to 25% of church donations end up being spent on social welfare purposes, of which assistance to the poor is only a subset. In other words, if you think of "giving" as "giving to the poor," a lot of the money donated by conservatives may be missing the target.
Your link says conservatives give more, you poor, dumb son of a bitch.

That's incorrect.

Your link says conservatives give more, you poor, dumb son of a bitch.
you poor, dumb son of a bitch.

That was very christian of you

Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf has the best coffee.
Besides..it's a fucking paper cup! Who cares what color it is! Jeez.

Forum List

Back