Starting in 2021, Americans will need to register to travel to EU

U.S. nationals crossing the pond will need a passport and a credit or debit card to apply for a European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS) permit.

The travel authorizations are valid for three years and an unlimited number of entries.

Previously, Americans had been exempt from pre-registration requirements when traveling to EU nations.

Continued - Starting in 2021, Americans will need to register to travel to EU

The Euro Snots are ticked off at Trump and taking it out in any old tantrumy way they possibly can. Nothing more and nothing less. I could not possibly care less and have no desire to travel there at all. When it all goes south for them, I hope they remember, don't call us, we'll call you.

I suspect the bigger motive is the fees one has to pay to get a Visa. The EU is desperate for more funding.

U.S. nationals crossing the pond will need a passport and a credit or debit card to apply for a European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS) permit.

The travel authorizations are valid for three years and an unlimited number of entries.

Previously, Americans had been exempt from pre-registration requirements when traveling to EU nations.

The Euro Snots are ticked off at Trump and taking it out in any old tantrumy way they possibly can. Nothing more and nothing less. I could not possibly care less and have no desire to travel there at all. When it all goes south for them, I hope they remember, don't call us, we'll call you.
I don`t know if they`re ticked off at Trump but when his supporters were parading around with tiki torches in one hand while using the other hand for the Hitler salute that certainly got their attention. If keeping foreign tourists from coming here and spending their money was the plan it`s one of the only things Trump`s been successful at.
U.S. Economy Losing Billions As 'Trump Slump' Continues In Tourism Sector
--------------------------- are YOU in the foreign tourism industry August ??

I don`t know if they`re ticked off at Trump but when his supporters were parading around with tiki torches in one hand while using the other hand for the Hitler salute that certainly got their attention. If keeping foreign tourists from coming here and spending their money was the plan it`s one of the only things Trump`s been successful at.

Perhaps the drop is related to how big urban tourist destinations in the U.S. are now like shithole third world countries with shanty towns of homeless people and feces on the sidewalks. San Francisco, for one, used to be fabulous - it is now filthy and disgusting. It's amazing anyone vacations there at all these days.

How about if the US Nationals are applying for asylum or refugee status? Maybe planning to go to Europe because they are attracted by the EU's massive welfare state and Free education and Health Care? How can people be legitimately limited to such a short time?

Perhaps the drop is related to how big urban tourist destinations in the U.S. are now like shithole third world countries with shanty towns of homeless people and feces on the sidewalks. San Francisco, for one, used to be fabulous - it is now filthy and disgusting. It's amazing anyone vacations there at all these days.

A lot of people don't want to sit in a plane seat for long enough to get to Calcutta. There is really nothing new about this, Otis Redding was "shitting on the dock of the bay" back in the 1960's in San Fran

------------------------------------- i've been to 'san fran' once , wasn't impressed and way overpriced and that was 15 years ago .

A lot of people don't want to sit in a plane seat for long enough to get to Calcutta. There is really nothing new about this, Otis Redding was "shitting on the dock of the bay" back in the 1960's in San Fran

I think you need to relisten to the song.

------------------------------------- i've been to 'san fran' once , wasn't impressed and way overpriced and that was 15 years ago .

I lived in San Francisco for a few years in the early 90s. It was fabulous back then, but started its decline during the Y2K-DotCom-Telecom bubble. These days, I have to go into the city for business 1 or 2 days per week. I can't stand it. It's absolutely disgusting. I try to do zoom conferences instead whenever possible.

No I`m not in the foreign tourism industry but I can read. Why do you ask?
The Travel Press is Reporting the 'Trump Slump,' a Devastating Drop in Tourism to the United States | Frommer's
The Trump Slump In Foreign Tourism Continues
Is 'Trump Slump' To Blame For Decline In Foreign Tourists To The U.S.?

mostly just interested August plus i don't care about the TRUMP Slump . The fewer fureigners coming to the USA for whatever reason is ok with me August .

I suspect the bigger motive is the fees one has to pay to get a Visa. The EU is desperate for more funding.

That could be a factor though they say it would be in retaliation for more stringent travel rules for a few EU countries that our government says aren't so careful about who they allow to come here. But the truth is, Europe needs American tourist dollars a whole lot more than we need theirs, and discouraging American tourists is not in their best interests in any respect. So I doubt this will amount to much.

No I`m not in the foreign tourism industry but I can read. Why do you ask?
The Travel Press is Reporting the 'Trump Slump,' a Devastating Drop in Tourism to the United States | Frommer's
The Trump Slump In Foreign Tourism Continues
Is 'Trump Slump' To Blame For Decline In Foreign Tourists To The U.S.?

Oh gee, media propaganda blaming something on Trump! When has this ever happened before?

Maybe he shouldnt have turned on our allies and instead reached out to and elevated the despots and israel.

Thanks Trump!!!! This is truly all on him. He took divisive action. Saying it's not his fault but is the fault of someone else is like saying someone drunk drove but it's the cops fault for stopping them and putting them in jail. Assholes like trump make enemies fast and reep the shitstorm they deserve. Such is life, and you know it.

Since I won't be going to Europe and have no desire at all to go there I really couldn't give shit one.

Forum List

Back