Starting This Week, It’s Harder to Get an Abortion in 5 States

[

OK, now I get it, it is a matter of how long one can live with assistance.
The cessation of brain waves is considered death. Why is the inception of brain waves not considered life?

1) Because we really don't know for sure when brain waves begin.

2) As a purely practical matter, women are going to get abortions no matter what the law is.

1) Medical science has figured it out. Your ignorance of that is no excuse.

2) Same logic, As a purely practical matter, people are going murder no matter what the law is. But even you wouldn't advocate removing the laws against murder, would you?

All men should know by now that each and every act of intercourse is presumed to result in conception. It's a legal fact. Although they should know that, they obviously aren't smart enough to have figured it out because men still wonder why they have to pay 18 years of child support for a one night stand.

Considering the fact every sexual act has the potential for life, I sure hope none of those who feel cellular life is a potential child consider too that their cellular life is a potential child. No hanky panky folks for unless you are procreating or at least attempting procreation you too are destroying potential life. Must be boring huh? Oh and make sure you help all these children born in these states in which life is so important that they care what individuals are doing in the privacy of their lives. Care shouldn't stop at birth unless you are a hypocrite and surely these states care for all children. They show it don't they?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...-a-heartbeat-is-detectable-4.html#post3814184

The Rise of DIY Abortions | New Republic

'Catholic Hospital Argues Fetuses Are Not People In Malpractice Suit'
Catholic Hospital Argues Fetuses Are Not People In Malpractice Suit

A Moral Theory?s Immoral Outcome by Peter Singer - Project Syndicate

Fetal Homicide Law
Amazing how many states will charge a murderer with double homicide if he kills a pregnant woman and her unborn child dies also.
Even CA state penal code 187 states, "(a) Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a fetus, with malice aforethought."

[

OK, now I get it, it is a matter of how long one can live with assistance.
The cessation of brain waves is considered death. Why is the inception of brain waves not considered life?

2) As a purely practical matter, women are going to get abortions no matter what the law is.

2) Same logic, As a purely practical matter, people are going murder no matter what the law is. But even you wouldn't advocate removing the laws against murder, would you?

1) No, it really doesn't know.

2) Big difference- you can get a conviction for murder. You can't get a conviction for abortion.

Do you know how many women were arrested for having abortions before Roe v. Wade?

One in 1911, one in 1922.

All men should know by now that each and every act of intercourse is presumed to result in conception. It's a legal fact. Although they should know that, they obviously aren't smart enough to have figured it out because men still wonder why they have to pay 18 years of child support for a one night stand.

My ex-wife had to pay 13 years of child support for a six year marriage. :eusa_whistle:

1) No, it really doesn't know.

2) Big difference- you can get a conviction for murder. You can't get a conviction for abortion.

Do you know how many women were arrested for having abortions before Roe v. Wade?

One in 1911, one in 1922.
1) not exactly, but they can. Your ignorance is showing.
2) See post #123 in this thread. One can be charged and convicted for killing a fetus as seen here, here, here, here and here. The last being an abortion doctor.

Do you ever read the news?
Kermit Gosnell?

You mean the one where they had to try to tack a dead woman, seven babies outside the womb (that got knocked down to three) and a bunch of drug charges to get a conviction, and then had to cut a deal with him after the trial so he wouldn't appeal it to someone who can actually read a law book?

I think you are kind of proving my point. If you have to put that much firepower into convicting a total fuckup like Gosnell, and still contort yourself into a pretzel to get half a loaf, convicting a woman of having a nice clean surgical abortion in a licensed clinic is going to be pretty much impossible.

It's like the GOP didn't learn a fucking thing from 2012!

Amazing.

The moderate GOP did but the problem children didn't. They are pushing their agenda even harder than ever. 2014 is going to be interesting given what is happening in TX and OH these days. Something tells me that the Dems are going to be energized to do a massive GOTV effort targeting women and minorities in red states.

This goes back to my original discussion about Rich vs. Rubes in the GOP.

The Rich like this issue because it energizes the Rubes and distracts them from asking questions like, "Hey, what happened to the Middle Class?"

But in national elections, it's a loser for them.

The 1% are riding a tiger in my opinion. The GOP has been losing senate seats that they could have easily won except for the rampant stupidity of their chosen candidates. At this point the 1% no longer appear to have any control over the TP and one wonders if they will start trying to use their financial muscle to bring it back into line. The problem is that when faced with "red meat" topics like abortion the TP will grab what they can and ignore the potential future political fallout. This kind of shortsighted approach is doing very real long term harm to the GOP brand name.

[

I have no idea what society standard you're using, because, the bold portion above is, we'll, not to tightly wrapped, to put it mildly, are those 3 sentences to be taken together? Or?

That's the standard of "The world most of us actually live in".

then you are using the word/term 'standard' wrong. The standard isn't 'I want it gone so it goes away', its never been that simple and there are rules.

The standard is what the gov. allows and I don't have an issue with 26 weeks btw.

Do you recognize any limits? 26, 30, or right up until the due date?

I know this is hard for the anti-abortion folks to deal with.

In their fantasy world, there were no abortions before Roe v. Wade.

Women don't think of unwanted pregnancies as "babies" or "children". They think of them as a problem to be dealt with.

And I suspect this was the case all the way back to the Romans.

see bold emphasis- then I feel sorry for them and I am betting that for maybe a third that may be true, but as for the rest I would hope and believe they see it as more than just a "problem", not some dispassionate issue that requires little more thought than what kind of smart phone to buy ....this is a viable life (until or if proven otherwise)

I'll throw out a general observation- theres are entities that love using crass emotional appeals to drive agenda.

I have heard that case made vis a vis states wanting to enact laws demanding sonograms prior to an abortion, yes, I can see that as an emotional appeal as well as containing an educational aspect too.

But either way, I don't see that as any different from any of the other de jour emotional appeals others use profligately either in general context.... BUT, here? there is a difference, a potential life is at stake, its a one on one situation, a one time event, if a neutral doctor performs an ultra sound and tells the mother that the baby seems healthy and absent any unforeseen incidents can be carried to term and birthed, I am not sure how that is a 'bad' thing.......

Oh and I am sure you can surface some situation(s) where in this has occurred and can be portrayed as trauma, but, that to is just another emotionally driven refutation that doesn't quite square the circle.

Do you ever read the news?
Kermit Gosnell?

You mean the one where they had to try to tack a dead woman, seven babies outside the womb (that got knocked down to three) and a bunch of drug charges to get a conviction, and then had to cut a deal with him after the trial so he wouldn't appeal it to someone who can actually read a law book?

I think you are kind of proving my point. If you have to put that much firepower into convicting a total fuckup like Gosnell, and still contort yourself into a pretzel to get half a loaf, convicting a woman of having a nice clean surgical abortion in a licensed clinic is going to be pretty much impossible.

Nice work defending that bottom feeding butcher.

Democrats can count on the women vote at least through 2016. I hope this stops the silly argument Republicans are for less government.

So,

Hillary?

Hillary is not a for sure thing. I'm not sure she will run.

Really? Why do you say that? I am generally a conservative, and did not really like Bill, but it is time for a female president, and Sara Palin would make me sick.

I am ready for Hillary. Even though I disagree with her on some things, I would vote for her over most Republican candidates I have seen, especially Bachmann...Gag.

So,

Hillary?

Hillary is not a for sure thing. I'm not sure she will run.

Really? Why do you say that? I am generally a conservative, and did not really like Bill, but it is time for a female president, and Sara Palin would make me sick.

I am ready for Hillary. Even though I disagree with her on some things, I would vote for her over most Republican candidates I have seen, especially Bachmann...Gag.

If the Dems are smart they will put up female and minority candidates against GOP candidates in every single race where can find a viable one to run. Right now Hilary would be a great 2016 candidate but there is a lot of time still to go. If she does run she will be a formidable candidate to beat.

the topic is-

Starting This Week, It’s Harder to Get an Abortion in 5 States

Forgive my ignorance but is discussing the REASON why this is happening, WHO is being impacted the most and potential ways this problem can be REMEDIED off limits?

Forum List

Back