🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

State Rep smashes homess' belongings

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
State Rep. Uses Sledgehammer To Destroy Homeless People's Possessions | ThinkProgress

Lawmaker Says Violence Is the Solution to Homeless Problem
A veteran Hawaii lawmaker believes he's come up with the perfect solution to deal with his state's rampant homelessness problem: Hassle homeless people and destroy their stuff with a sledgehammer.

And, the one time a politician would be better off being just talk, Tom Brower isn't.

Over the last two weeks, the five-term Democratic state representative has taken his trusty sledgehammer to some 30 shopping carts being used by homeless people around Waikiki to transport their meager possessions.

Brower swears he takes all belongings out of the cart before smashing it to bits, and insists he hasn't smashed shopping carts that were being pushed by homeless people, but tells Hawaii News Now "that may be coming."

Yes, you would expect him to be Repub but he's Dem.

He says he's "christian" but he's really a sicko coward.

I hope someone meets him with a baseball bat.

The good news is, the homeless can replace everything for free out of the nearest trash can.

Its 'national' in that we're seeing more and more violence every day.

katzenAsshole doesn't care that he's stealing other people's belongings, but I'll bet he/she/it would get his/her/it's panties in a twist if it was kids who were vandalizing the property of stores. And that's what this jerk is doing.

True that their belongings aren't much but what did people say when people lost everything they owned to a storm? I don't think much of those camo sheets your mamma got you at WalMart but its not up to me to decide what your belongings are worth.

And, apparently, "christian" means something different that I thought.

Turn About's fair play and I hope he gets his.

I would also hope that not everyone in HA is as useless as this jerk.

He's a democrat.

they're all democrats in Hawaii......which begs the question....after 5 long years why haven't they already taken care of the homeless.....?

obama-sends-aid.jpg

State Rep. Uses Sledgehammer To Destroy Homeless People's Possessions | ThinkProgress

A veteran Hawaii lawmaker believes he's come up with the perfect solution to deal with his state's rampant homelessness problem: Hassle homeless people and destroy their stuff with a sledgehammer.

And, the one time a politician would be better off being just talk, Tom Brower isn't.

Over the last two weeks, the five-term Democratic state representative has taken his trusty sledgehammer to some 30 shopping carts being used by homeless people around Waikiki to transport their meager possessions.

Brower swears he takes all belongings out of the cart before smashing it to bits, and insists he hasn't smashed shopping carts that were being pushed by homeless people, but tells Hawaii News Now "that may be coming."

Dem or Pub, he is a violent vigilante, who some homeless individual is going to take down and claim, rightfully, self defense.

Fool.

Looking deeper into your article. Hawaii has the largest population of homeless people in the United States. It seems this democrat congressman is not your only problem. Instead of helping the homeless they would prefer to send them to another state and uproot them from family and friends if they have any in the state. From YOUR article.

Hawaii, on the other hand, is garnering a reputation for a less-than-compassionate approach to its homeless population, and it’s not just because of Brower. It’s got the highest rate of homelessness in the country, but rather than build more shelters or offer more services for the poor, lawmakers approved $100,000 over the next two years to offer one-way flights off the islands to any of the state’s estimated 17,000 homeless persons.

So where is that democratic compassion in the blue state the president calls his own? :eusa_eh:

17,000 homeless......? that's enough for a city....

one-way tickets off the Island.....?

what happened to all those compassionate liberals that cry for the homeless.....?

what happened to all those compassionate liberals that cry for the homeless.....?

Smash their belongings, send them to another state, wash their hands and allow another state to take care of the poor. According to the article linked within the article, San Francisco and New York have similar programs, sans smashing their belongings I assume.

CaféAuLait;8174140 said:

Smash their belongings, send them to another state, wash their hands and allow another state to take care of the poor. According to the article linked within the article, San Francisco and New York have similar programs, sans smashing their belongings I assume.

i wonder how many free trips those homeless take....?

spring in NYC.....summer in SanFran.....winter in Waikiki......:lol:

Dem or Pub, he is a violent vigilante, who some homeless individual is going to take down and claim, rightfully, self defense.

Fool.

you're the fool. you don't get self defense when someone smashes your property.

:lol:

wow...so smashing your cart now deserves a beating with a baseball bat

hilarious how contradictory you are

CaféAuLait;8174040 said:

Looking deeper into your article. Hawaii has the largest population of homeless people in the United States. It seems this democrat congressman is not your only problem. Instead of helping the homeless they would prefer to send them to another state and uproot them from family and friends if they have any in the state. From YOUR article.

Hawaii, on the other hand, is garnering a reputation for a less-than-compassionate approach to its homeless population, and it’s not just because of Brower. It’s got the highest rate of homelessness in the country, but rather than build more shelters or offer more services for the poor, lawmakers approved $100,000 over the next two years to offer one-way flights off the islands to any of the state’s estimated 17,000 homeless persons.

So where is that democratic compassion in the blue state the president calls his own? :eusa_eh:

That is known as 'Greyhound Therapy.' It goes on all the time. Everywhere. When I was a student, I saw people in Kentucky send them to Nashville because Nashville has shelters. Then I saw people in Nashville send them to California because California is warm. Guess where California sends them. This is SOP.

wow...so smashing your cart now deserves a beating with a baseball bat

hilarious how contradictory you are

No, not just a cart. This is tantamount to what the mid-west storms did - everything they own, smashed, ruined. EVERYTHING.

There's really no justification for this wanton and vicious crime.

CaféAuLait;8174140 said:

i wonder how many free trips those homeless take....?

spring in NYC.....summer in SanFran.....winter in Waikiki......:lol:

Actually, the homeless go where the weather is kinder to them. When I lived in Tucson, there were homeless on every corner and big tent cities just outside of town. Homeless veterans always head for warmer cities.

I've lived in the mid-west for 6 years now and have not seen one obviously homeless person.

There is nothing to "lol" at the homeless about. It is our shame that we are so cavalier about watching people starve. Children, mentally ill, veterans, disabled - what is so "lol" about that?

Forum List

Back