🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

State Rep smashes homess' belongings

CaféAuLait;8174040 said:
State Rep. Uses Sledgehammer To Destroy Homeless People's Possessions | ThinkProgress

Lawmaker Says Violence Is the Solution to Homeless Problem
A veteran Hawaii lawmaker believes he's come up with the perfect solution to deal with his state's rampant homelessness problem: Hassle homeless people and destroy their stuff with a sledgehammer.

And, the one time a politician would be better off being just talk, Tom Brower isn't.

Over the last two weeks, the five-term Democratic state representative has taken his trusty sledgehammer to some 30 shopping carts being used by homeless people around Waikiki to transport their meager possessions.

Brower swears he takes all belongings out of the cart before smashing it to bits, and insists he hasn't smashed shopping carts that were being pushed by homeless people, but tells Hawaii News Now "that may be coming."

Yes, you would expect him to be Repub but he's Dem.

He says he's "christian" but he's really a sicko coward.

I hope someone meets him with a baseball bat.

Looking deeper into your article. Hawaii has the largest population of homeless people in the United States. It seems this democrat congressman is not your only problem. Instead of helping the homeless they would prefer to send them to another state and uproot them from family and friends if they have any in the state. From YOUR article.

Hawaii, on the other hand, is garnering a reputation for a less-than-compassionate approach to its homeless population, and it’s not just because of Brower. It’s got the highest rate of homelessness in the country, but rather than build more shelters or offer more services for the poor, lawmakers approved $100,000 over the next two years to offer one-way flights off the islands to any of the state’s estimated 17,000 homeless persons.

So where is that democratic compassion in the blue state the president calls his own? :eusa_eh:

This is when repubs lay down their principals and pretend they support more shelters and services for the poor because a democrat doesnt. Republicans are better described as Anti....Anti whatever a democrat does.

BTW...you're asking wheres the compassion to a guy smashing the belongings of the homeless? Needless to say hes not your average dem. Actually, hes not your average decent human being.

Not to mention that this "christian" is vandalizing the property of stores. Surely you haters would disagree with that.

CaféAuLait;8174040 said:
State Rep. Uses Sledgehammer To Destroy Homeless People's Possessions | ThinkProgress

Looking deeper into your article. Hawaii has the largest population of homeless people in the United States. It seems this democrat congressman is not your only problem. Instead of helping the homeless they would prefer to send them to another state and uproot them from family and friends if they have any in the state. From YOUR article.

Hawaii, on the other hand, is garnering a reputation for a less-than-compassionate approach to its homeless population, and it’s not just because of Brower. It’s got the highest rate of homelessness in the country, but rather than build more shelters or offer more services for the poor, lawmakers approved $100,000 over the next two years to offer one-way flights off the islands to any of the state’s estimated 17,000 homeless persons.

So where is that democratic compassion in the blue state the president calls his own? :eusa_eh:

This is when repubs lay down their principals and pretend they support more shelters and services for the poor because a democrat doesnt. Republicans are better described as Anti....Anti whatever a democrat does.

BTW...you're asking wheres the compassion to a guy smashing the belongings of the homeless? Needless to say hes not your average dem. Actually, hes not your average decent human being.

Right or left, red or blue -

Is this how human beings treat human beings?

How about the "christians?

Where is the hue and cry from the "christians"?

Fact is, there's a large percentage of our population who will say they"support our troops" but turn their backs on them. Same with children, elderly, mentally ill, disabled - many people who are homeless through no fault of their own.

Smash the cart of a fetus?

The reaction would be completely different and you can bet there would be no
lol-ing.

CaféAuLait;8174140 said:
Smash their belongings, send them to another state, wash their hands and allow another state to take care of the poor. According to the article linked within the article, San Francisco and New York have similar programs, sans smashing their belongings I assume.

i wonder how many free trips those homeless take....?

spring in NYC.....summer in SanFran.....winter in Waikiki......:lol:

Actually, the homeless go where the weather is kinder to them. When I lived in Tucson, there were homeless on every corner and big tent cities just outside of town. Homeless veterans always head for warmer cities.

I've lived in the mid-west for 6 years now and have not seen one obviously homeless person.

There is nothing to "lol" at the homeless about. It is our shame that we are so cavalier about watching people starve. Children, mentally ill, veterans, disabled - what is so "lol" about that?

hey Lugnut.....did the wheel fall off your sense of humor....?

but seriously.....WHERE ARE are the liberals who advocate helping the homeless.....? Hawaii is FULL of Democrat liberals and little else.....ask THEM about this......

or call up the Democrat liberals who run San Francisco......or anywhere in sunny California....

or the Democrat liberals in New York City....or the Democrat liberals in Tucson...

there are many places run by Democrat liberals that have large populations of homeless....besides free one-way tickets out what the fuck are THEY doing about the problem....??

it really should have been solved by now...

Not to mention that this "christian" is vandalizing the property of stores. Surely you haters would disagree with that.

who are these haters you refer too? you constantly bitch about christians and yet not one christian has supported this guy. why the fuck to think one christian represents christianity? you constantly do this with groups you don't agree with.

can you try to be a little more honest?

wow...so smashing your cart now deserves a beating with a baseball bat

hilarious how contradictory you are

No, not just a cart. This is tantamount to what the mid-west storms did - everything they own, smashed, ruined. EVERYTHING.

There's really no justification for this wanton and vicious crime.

i never said there was justification. stop putting words in my mouth and listen.

it is not at all comparable. they can easily get another shopping cart, a shopping cart is not equal to a home, period. they don't sleep in it, they don't buy it, they steal it.

i find hypocritical that you support beating someone with a baseball bat for smashing a cart, but whine about gun violence. you're an intellectual dishonest poster.

Its 'national' in that we're seeing more and more violence every day.

katzenAsshole doesn't care that he's stealing other people's belongings, but I'll bet he/she/it would get his/her/it's panties in a twist if it was kids who were vandalizing the property of stores. And that's what this jerk is doing.

True that their belongings aren't much but what did people say when people lost everything they owned to a storm? I don't think much of those camo sheets your mamma got you at WalMart but its not up to me to decide what your belongings are worth.

And, apparently, "christian" means something different that I thought.

Turn About's fair play and I hope he gets his.

I would also hope that not everyone in HA is as useless as this jerk.
If he wasn't like that before, he should be checked for recent brain injury or a brain tumor, Luddly. The behavior you're describing is not in accordance with the behaviors of most Hawaiian people. People don't usually elect violent men or women to public office because they want someone they can present their opinions to without fearing for their livelihoods. If this behavior has just cropped up, the guy needs medical care and at least a brief sabbatical.

A veteran Hawaii lawmaker believes he's come up with the perfect solution to deal with his state's rampant homelessness problem: Hassle homeless people and destroy their stuff with a sledgehammer.

And, the one time a politician would be better off being just talk, Tom Brower isn't.

Over the last two weeks, the five-term Democratic state representative has taken his trusty sledgehammer to some 30 shopping carts being used by homeless people around Waikiki to transport their meager possessions.

Brower swears he takes all belongings out of the cart before smashing it to bits, and insists he hasn't smashed shopping carts that were being pushed by homeless people, but tells Hawaii News Now "that may be coming."

Good grief! [MENTION=32558]Luddly Neddite[/MENTION]

Did you even watch the news clips or read the entire articles?

He doesn't 'take' shopping carts from the homeless.
He doesn't 'smash' their belongings.

He destroys abandoned carts so they can’t be pushed on the streets.
He returns carts that are identifiable to stores.

He is also attempting to set up a camp for the homeless.

But don't ever let a fact get in your way!

Dem or Pub, he is a violent vigilante, who some homeless individual is going to take down and claim, rightfully, self defense.

Fool.

you're the fool. you don't get self defense when someone smashes your property.

:lol:

You better go read about defense of your property. When the fool attacks your property, you get to defend it, and if he attacks you, as he will, guess what.

Yurt, you let your feelings interfere with your thinking. That is why you fail here more than almost anyone else.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8174040 said:

who are these haters you refer too? you constantly bitch about christians and yet not one christian has supported this guy. why the fuck to think one christian represents christianity? you constantly do this with groups you don't agree with.

can you try to be a little more honest?

How many homeless have you taken in today?

Dem or Pub, he is a violent vigilante, who some homeless individual is going to take down and claim, rightfully, self defense.

Fool.

You better go read about defense of your property. When the fool attacks your property, you get to defend it, and if he attacks you, as he will, guess what.

Yurt, you let your feelings interfere with your thinking. That is why you fail here more than almost anyone else.

A shopping cart is the property of the store that owns it.

Well, my life wouldn't of been complete without knowing this

and the petty goes on and on

Good grief! [MENTION=32558]Luddly Neddite[/MENTION]

Did you even watch the news clips or read the entire articles?

He doesn't 'take' shopping carts from the homeless.
He doesn't 'smash' their belongings.

He destroys abandoned carts so they can’t be pushed on the streets.
He returns carts that are identifiable to stores.

He is also attempting to set up a camp for the homeless.

But don't ever let a fact get in your way!

Seriously, did you think a liberal COULD be honest about something like this?

Fool.

cite a law from any state that allows "self defense" when defending property.

i won't hold my breath because you rarely back up your claims. don't forget...."self defense"....not defense of property, don't move the goal posts jake, you said "self defense".

i won't hold my breath because you rarely back up your claims. don't forget...."self defense"....not defense of property, don't move the goal posts jake, you said "self defense".

:eusa_whistle:

The only reason anyone would expect him to be Republican is because you are the original poster. The fact that you are actually criticizing a Democrat is an act of God.

CaféAuLait;8174040 said:

Democrat compassion is a lie. You aren't compassionate giving away other people's money.

:eusa_whistle:

I'd still argue self defense. If some guy with a sledge hammer runs up to me and starts swinging, even if it's at my property I'd be seriously concerned about my safety as well. At least if I was present.

Of course, we know the Democrats on this board don't like the self defense argument and would likely still be calling for anyone who kills him to go to jail for a long time.

Forum List

Back