Statehood for DC is Unconstitutional

The ONLY reason to make DC a state is for Dems to get the votes. Period. We all know it.

Leftists are lying. They lie to us, we know they're lying, they know we know they're lying, but they keep lying to us.

Its so fucking weird. Stolen election. Lockdowns, but riots are ok. Mask wearing. Packing the court. DC as a state. Trillions in spending. Ignored riots.

Its all fucked and the leftists know it.

Just tell us what your actual goal is. Its to become China....isnt it?

The Constitution makes it Constitutional to create D.C. and it also makes it Constitutional for Congress to make it a state.

Why should it be?

Why shouldn't it be?

This country was formed as individuals petitioned to join the United States as states. Why should the residents of the District of Columbia not be allowed this right that all others have had and still have?
Because when the other states petitioned to join, the United States already existed, including the Constitution that created the Federal District. When people moved to live in the Federal District, they knew it was a Federal District....not a state.

I can certainly appreciate their concern of "no taxation, without representation" - so the easy solution, is to not tax them federally. No amendment needed.

The resident's concern would be addressed...and more over the benefit of no federal tax
There are numerous ways that their concerns could be be dealt with...one of which is statehood.
actually only two...taxation without representation....statehood, or no taxation. Statehood would take a Constitutional amendment...a lot of time, and likely, unlikely....the easiest, faster and least controversal is simply stop taxing them.

Why haven't the Dems proposed that?

Lefties consistently crap on the Constitution. Its fine how it is.This
Legislation. Will be overturned by the Supreme Court.

It’s not by accident or oversight that the nation’s capital isn’t a state: The Founding Fathers wrote it into the Constitution. Article I, Section 8provides explicitly for a national capital that would not be part of a state nor treated as a state, but rather a unique enclave under the exclusive authority of Congress — a neutral “district” in which representatives of all the states could meet on an equal footing to conduct the nation’s business.

As I've stated many times,

The part that has our government can and will be excluded from the state.

They can and no doubt will draw the lines of the state around the government buildings.

DC is much bigger than just where the governmental buildings and monuments are.

There are over 700 thousand people in DC. Which is more people than the state of Wyoming. Do you actually believe they all live in the small area that the government is located?

The District of Columbia was already an existing entity when the Constitution was signed, therefore it's territorial integrity is already established. What Democrats want would require an amendment, they cannot simply legislate this away.

Not true. The Constitution was ratified in 1788. Washington DC was not founded until 1790. Otherwise, you are correct!

The ONLY reason to make DC a state is for Dems to get the votes. Period. We all know it.

Leftists are lying. They lie to us, we know they're lying, they know we know they're lying, but they keep lying to us.

Its so fucking weird. Stolen election. Lockdowns, but riots are ok. Mask wearing. Packing the court. DC as a state. Trillions in spending. Ignored riots.

Its all fucked and the leftists know it.

Just tell us what your actual goal is. Its to become China....isnt it?

If shoe met other foot you imply the GOP wouldn't do anything to stay in power, right Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and all others of that same ilk? GMAFB - you are way off the mark. So back to bed and sober up.

I checked out the link in the article mentioned in the first post.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 17
To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;–And
The problem is that D.C. now has 68.34 square miles, and was actually even bigger at first, it had Arlington and part of Alexandria as well.

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;–And
The problem is that D.C. now has 68.34 square miles, and was actually even bigger at first, it had Arlington and part of Alexandria as well.
right the feds took too much land from Maryland and should return those 50 aq miles then stop taxing the residents in the 10 sq miles

But for the next two years, the easy way to settle this, is every time it is brought up for conversation in the Senate
the 50 members of the GOP just walk out of the chamber denying the dems a quorum which would deny them
the ability to conduct business.
As i've often said, the republicans are the speedbump to running the government. They have no ideas, no plans, no agenda other than stopping the other side from doing anything to help the country.

However, in this case they are helping save the Country.

It’s not by accident or oversight that the nation’s capital isn’t a state: The Founding Fathers wrote it into the Constitution. Article I, Section 8provides explicitly for a national capital that would not be part of a state nor treated as a state, but rather a unique enclave under the exclusive authority of Congress — a neutral “district” in which representatives of all the states could meet on an equal footing to conduct the nation’s business.

You solve this by carving out the White House and Congress along Pennsylvania Avenue, and the rest of the district becomes a state.

There's nothing in COTUS that specifically states that the boundaries of DC have to forever and always be a district.
It would be better to make dc citizens of the original state they live in.

A little over 100 years ago, DC was downsized. The land was returned to Virginia.
Besides the Constitution forbidding the Nation's Capitol from being in a state, even if a deal was reached to maintain
an independent zone for the Capitol, the land, not in the zone, would be returned to the State of Maryland.

But for the next two years, the easy way to settle this, is every time it is brought up for conversation in the Senate
the 50 members of the GOP just walk out of the chamber denying the dems a quorum which would deny them

No, the Constitution grants to Congress the right to set the Capitol aside from a state. It does not require it. The capital was in Philadelphia, still part of Pennsylvania.

If there is no quorum, it doesn't matter what it states.

As I've stated many times,

The part that has our government can and will be excluded from the state.

They can and no doubt will draw the lines of the state around the government buildings.

DC is much bigger than just where the governmental buildings and monuments are.

There are over 700 thousand people in DC. Which is more people than the state of Wyoming. Do you actually believe they all live in the small area that the government is located?
So based on that you won’t mind if we separate large democrat cities from their states. Chicago is no longer part of Illinois. Portland is no longer part of Oregon, Seattle is no longer part of Washington etc. if we can divide territory that finely let’s keep it going.

You solve this by carving out the White House and Congress along Pennsylvania Avenue, and the rest of the district becomes a state.

There's nothing in COTUS that specifically states that the boundaries of DC have to forever and always be a district.
It would be better to make dc citizens of the original state they live in.

A little over 100 years ago, DC was downsized. The land was returned to Virginia.
Besides the Constitution forbidding the Nation's Capitol from being in a state, even if a deal was reached to maintain
an independent zone for the Capitol, the land, not in the zone, would be returned to the State of Maryland.

No, the Constitution grants to Congress the right to set the Capitol aside from a state. It does not require it. The capital was in Philadelphia, still part of Pennsylvania.

If there is no quorum, it doesn't matter what it states.

It's not going to happen, I don't disagree but I was just correcting some wrong information.

Hey actually just read the Constitution again...`10 Miles Square...is not the same as 10 square miles.

10 miles square....is 100 square miles...thus DC is much smaller then allowed.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz

Hey actually just read the Constitution again...`10 Miles Square...is not the same as 10 square miles.

Actually that's more consistent with the original D.C., which included parts of Virginia and was more like a perfect square.

Actually that's more consistent with the original D.C., which included parts of Virginia and was more like a perfect square.
Yes, that's true.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
As i've often said, the republicans are the speedbump to running the government. They have no ideas, no plans, no agenda other than stopping the other side from doing anything to help the country.
The Constitution says different. Ideas are fine. The costs are what there is an issue with. The adding states for more Prog politicians is a dangerous game. There are a lot of Non Prog voters living in states where the blue areas suck the taxes from red areas and they are pizzed off. And the insane politicians elected make it even worse.

Dems don't care about the law.

Republicans don't know the law.

Not one of them can prove that statehood for DC is unconstitutional.

Forum List

Back