States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Mar 26 2009

Oh, yeah. There's a big steak black market out there. :cuckoo:

Why do I get the distinct feeling that most of you "we need to make welfare punitive" people don't know anyone on welfare OR anyone with a drug problem?

If you knew what you were talking about you would know this happens all the time

Oh, yeah. There's a big steak black market out there. :cuckoo:

Why do I get the distinct feeling that most of you "we need to make welfare punitive" people don't know anyone on welfare OR anyone with a drug problem?

If you knew what you were talking about you would know this happens all the time

Can you provide any proof of this assertion ? Numbers, figures, facts of the seriousness of this problems ?

Go to compton and buy a steak out of a cooler for 3 dollars and then you can eat your proof.

IGNORANCE IS BLISS I suppose....................and repeating ignorant things is even more bliss :(

wanting to control another persons life and having a say in someone elses personal and private life is unconstitutional....

it's hard for control freaks to step back i suppose as well....

By all means.. stqay off of food stamp programs and you won't have to adhere to the rules required to benefit from this tax payer handout.

Regulation is not a matter of being a cntrol freak. However, throwing a fucking fit and stomping your foot might make this less true.

Ironically, I get the sneaking suspicion that you have never known anyone on food stamps who has sold them for beer money.

And beer has exactly what to do with this ?

it's a specific example of how people abuse food stamps. I know... it takes a brain surgeon to comprehend giant concepts like this.

Operation Cash N Carry Targets Food Stamp Theft

North Country Gazette » Operation Cash N Carry Targets Food Stamp Theft

I do understand that food stamps are abused. No question. Just wondering how drug testing will stop people from drinking beer.

Again, I think your arguments go to abolishing the program, not expanding into drug testing.

That link to the FL. bust of Food Stamp fraud is a great success of law enforcement combatting fraud.

I don't see anything there that relates to drug testing.

And beer has exactly what to do with this ?

it's a specific example of how people abuse food stamps. I know... it takes a brain surgeon to comprehend giant concepts like this.

Operation Cash N Carry Targets Food Stamp Theft

North Country Gazette » Operation Cash N Carry Targets Food Stamp Theft

I do understand that food stamps are abused. No question. Just wondering how drug testing will stop people from drinking beer.

Again, I think your arguments go to abolishing the program, not expanding into drug testing.

are you being purposefully dense today? did someone request freebird TWICE last weekend or something?

I think you are being disingenuous by this point in the thread anyway. No one is suggesting that we eliminate food stamps. However, watching you drag your feet and cry that the sky is falling just because our broke ass society wants to filter out those who abuse gov TAX BASED assistance is nothing less than a lesson in stupidity. The bottom line is this: if you can't afford to feed yourself or your family then the LAST thing you should be doing is smoking bowls. Go take a shower and shave and get a job if you want to smoke some bowls. It's not John Q Public's responsibility to fill in the extra income that you already spend on a quarter pound. Or, even a nickel sack.

and, pretending that people DONT sell food stamps for beer money is just plain fucking retarded. I've seen FS being sold for 50 cents on the dollar JUST to get enough cash for drugs. You don't think it happens? fine. The moon is made from cheese too. Filtering the cost of this abuse from the system actually puts MORE funds in the mouths of those that NEED it rather than perpetuating a cycle for abuse that you keep crying about just because your pussy is bleeding.

Last edited:
That link to the FL. bust of Food Stamp fraud is a great success of law enforcement combatting fraud.

That link was an example of FS fraud the likes of which you, apparently, don't think happens. It wasn't meant to say anything about drug testing. Jesus you are slow.

That link was an example of FS fraud the likes of which you, apparently, don't think happens. It wasn't meant to say anything about drug testing. Jesus you are slow.

Fraud happens. I haven't denied that. I don't deny it. It's a problem. But the topic here is drug testing. The enforcement efforts like the one in your link would benefit none from implementing drug test.

I don't think we should stop looking for fraud. Infact, let's step up the effective efforts to catch fraud. I just don't see drug testing as an effective means. That bust you cited exposed millions in fraud. That is worth while. Millions in a single bust, catching multiple offenders. I don't think we can expect those results with drug testing applicants one by one.

I consider it fraudulent to take tax based FS money when, clearly, you have money enough for smoking pot. Good, we are in agreement about the necessity of drug tests then.

Thousands of purged pot smokers from the FS receiving list adds up. Those who don't want to be tested are free to find jobs or adjust their standard of living accordingly. I don't give quarter to fellow potheads just because we have that one thing in common. this isn't about persecution of anyone; it's about clarifying tax based resources to as many people who NEED it as possible. If you've got funds to smoke then you don't need FS.

IGNORANCE IS BLISS I suppose....................and repeating ignorant things is even more bliss :(

wanting to control another persons life and having a say in someone elses personal and private life is unconstitutional....

By all means.. stqay off of food stamp programs and you won't have to adhere to the rules required to benefit from this tax payer handout.

Regulation is not a matter of being a cntrol freak. However, throwing a fucking fit and stomping your foot might make this less true.

by all means, crack down on food stamp abuse, but don't break the constitution while doing it.

Drug users shoudn't be supporting their habit at tax payer expense. That's not the point. We agree on that. Like I said before, the only way to settle this will be if testing passes constitutional muster first, then we'll see how cost effective it is.

by all means, crack down on food stamp abuse, but don't break the constitution while doing it.

Food stamps are not your constitutional right. Perhaps you can quote the part of the Constitution that says otherwise.

Food stamps are not your constitutional right. Perhaps you can quote the part of the Constitution that says otherwise.

exactly. thus a drug test in order to get food stamps does not at all violate the constitution. you don't want to take a drug test, don't take food stamps....

Drug users shoudn't be supporting their habit at tax payer expense. That's not the point. We agree on that. Like I said before, the only way to settle this will be if testing passes constitutional muster first, then we'll see how cost effective it is.

no that IS the point. if I've got a finite amount of cash and I know that I can spend 40 on a sack because I have at least that much in FS coming then that IS the point.

At Scotus level it would have to be allowed or else pre-emplyment drug tests would hinder the exact same breach of the 4th amendment. And, those are not going anywhere.

Most ALL people on TANF DO NOT live in homeless shelters Kitten....you lived with the very bottom of the bottom....and more than likely you are also confusing food stamps or other programs with TANF/WELFARE recipients.

Care

You must have a comprehension issue ... I was talking about people who were going to the shelters, getting TANF, moving out, then going right back into the shelters ... So yes, most of them wind up in the shelters over and over again, particularly those who use drugs.

Then answer me this....

Were these people working? (Most all people reciving TANF have to be holding a job)

Were these people single mothers with children? (The Majority of TANF recipients are single mothers...they have children)

Were these people in a work training program? (Those not working while receiving TANF must be in a work training program)

Were these people felons from their illegal drug use? (No felon can recive any TANF benefit)

If they were not any of these people above, then i stick by you being wrong or you seeing the extreme exception to the rule, somehow....?

Remember, Food Stamps is a separate and DIFFERENT PROGRAM and is NOT TANF/WELFARE.
Is it possible that she was on food stamps before the laws were changed? I don't understand how anyone living in a shelter ever got food stamps...don't you need a permanent address?

no that IS the point. if I've got a finite amount of cash and I know that I can spend 40 on a sack because I have at least that much in FS coming then that IS the point.

At Scotus level it would have to be allowed or else pre-emplyment drug tests would hinder the exact same breach of the 4th amendment. And, those are not going anywhere.

Can the government, the law, force you to take a sobriety test if pulled over, or do you have a choice? (you have the choice)

Employment drug tests with private or public companies/employers, are your choice in employment.

If the employer wants to make certain they do not have any drug users WORKING for them, then they can stipulate a drug test is required...this is an employment safety measure and the SC has stood by it, from what i have gathered.

You must have a comprehension issue ... I was talking about people who were going to the shelters, getting TANF, moving out, then going right back into the shelters ... So yes, most of them wind up in the shelters over and over again, particularly those who use drugs.

Then answer me this....

Were these people working? (Most all people reciving TANF have to be holding a job)

Were these people single mothers with children? (The Majority of TANF recipients are single mothers...they have children)

Were these people in a work training program? (Those not working while receiving TANF must be in a work training program)

Were these people felons from their illegal drug use? (No felon can recive any TANF benefit)

If they were not any of these people above, then i stick by you being wrong or you seeing the extreme exception to the rule, somehow....?

Remember, Food Stamps is a separate and DIFFERENT PROGRAM and is NOT TANF/WELFARE.
Is it possible that she was on food stamps before the laws were changed? I don't understand how anyone living in a shelter ever got food stamps...don't you need a permanent address?

food stamps is NOT a welfare/TANF check...and i do not know much about food stamps, other than i know it is not the same program as WELFARE/TANF....they are two different programs....you do not have to be on Welfare/TANF to qualify for food stamps....you can be a full time worker and still qualify for food stamps....

Forum List

Back