States sue to rein in Obama's illegal amnesty

No, it wouldn't. The far right and nativists in the GOP would cheer. So would the prison guard unions you support.

I support prison gaurd unions? Since when do anarchists support unions of any kind?

Obviously the point of my post went right over your head, so I'll spell it out for you:

Where does the Constitution give the president authority to compel Congress to do anything?

Who is compelling Congress? The president is not subject to the Congress; the Congress is not subject to the president. He has the legal right to issue EOs, as you well know. Congress can ignore them, which will allow him to issue more as necessary.

The EO is to force Congress to act.

I am sure the Dems want Congress to act "poorly."

Why doesn't he just round them up and put them in prison? That would also force them to act.
Because we have prison capacity, federal, state, and county prisons of 2,266,000 and we are busting at the seams.... there is no space for the 11 million.

Besides, I don't want to have to pay the $45k a year for each person imprisoned, and you don't either I would bet.

bripat supports prison guard unions, look any good anarcho commie: of course he would.

If you say don't believe it, after the info has been posted on the Board, as it has, then, yes, you do need to refute it with data.

Hint: it does not exist.

Jake, when have YOU been able to provide any data? Seriously. "Information from the board" may be all you can say if you can't even defend your own position.

Shakles, I have read all of the information available. You have not. You can't compete.

The EO can't be shaken in court. Watch as your arguments are dismissed.

I figure from the evidence to the conclusions; you begin with a conclusion and then fit evidence to it. The EO is an EO. It is what it is.

That's why you always fail.

Why don't you present YOUR evidence on why you think Obama's executive order still respects those immigrants who came here legally and would treat ALL immigrants the same under this provision. Why do you think it should still stand, and where it specifically states in the Constitution that this President has the executive authority to simply change laws that he doesn't agree with? Really Jake, anyone can make a small comment over what someone else said without backing it up.

I do respect Care4all for her input in presenting an interesting argument regarding the reason for the need to address the issue, and is one of among a few here willing to have a real discussion about it through an opposing view.

Last edited:
I have no need to discuss with you, because you lead from conclusion to desire, with no sustainable evidence, Shakles; I have already explained that I accept it and have the weight of law. You don't.

Which will be foolish if we don't send something the Pres can sign.

Our good margin of victory was due to our reach out to women and Latinos far more than increased far right votes for us.

Why piss of new constituents who want to see if we can govern more than obstruct.

We won for that hope of ending obstruction, not for the ideology.

If you say don't believe it, after the info has been posted on the Board, as it has, then, yes, you do need to refute it with data.

Jake, when have YOU been able to provide any data? Seriously. "Information from the board" may be all you can say if you can't even defend your own position.

Shakles, I have read all of the information available. You have not. You can't compete.

I figure from the evidence to the conclusions; you begin with a conclusion and then fit evidence to it. The EO is an EO. It is what it is.

Why don't you present YOUR evidence on why you think Obama's executive order still respects those immigrants who came here legally and would treat ALL immigrants the same under this provision. Why do you think it should still stand, and where it specifically states in the Constitution that this President has the executive authority to simply change laws that he doesn't agree with? Really Jake, anyone can make a small comment over what someone else said without backing it up.

I do respect Care4all for her input in presenting an interesting argument regarding the reason for the need to address the issue, and is one of among a few here willing to have a real discussion about it through an opposing view.
Executive Orders and Presidential Memorandums carry the wait of law but they are not laws. Executive Actions are orders that are within the scope of existing law. Unlike laws congress passes, these actions by the president are temporary and last only as long as the president is in office. They are not laws nor are they changes to the law.

Every law enforcement agency, including the agencies that enforce immigration laws, has “prosecutorial discretion” — the power to decide whom to investigate, arrest, detain, charge, and prosecute. Homeland Security can legally prioritize and delay prosecution and deportation. Immigration laws gives the administration wide latitude in granting work permits.

Executive Orders and Presidential Memorandums carry the wait of law but they are not laws. Executive Actions are orders that are within the scope of existing law. Unlike laws congress passes, these actions by the president are temporary and last only as long as the president is in office. They are not laws nor are they changes to the law.

Every law enforcement agency, including the agencies that enforce immigration laws, has “prosecutorial discretion” — the power to decide whom to investigate, arrest, detain, charge, and prosecute. Homeland Security can legally prioritize and delay prosecution and deportation. Immigration laws gives the administration wide latitude in granting work permits.

Executive Orders and Executive Actions can be reversed by Congress.

Apples, oranges, kumquats, and squash ---- what an interesting salad you make out of disparate statements.

Damn shame the resultant 'logic' is so faulty - it would have been pretty.

Jeff Sessions Exposes Obama Plans For Amnesty Processing Facility With 1 000 New Immigration Agents In Northern Virginia

Incoming Senate Budget Committee chairman Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) has discovered plans by President Barack Obama to open a new immigration facility to process his executive amnesty action in Northern Virginia, where the federal government has plans to hire a whopping 1,000 new immigration employees.

“It has just been discovered today that the Obama Administration is now opening a new USCIS facility in Crystal City, Virginia for the purpose of immediately implementing the President’s imperial immigration decree,” Sessions said in a statement. “They are in the process of hiring 1,000 full-time staff to quickly approve applications for the President’s illegal amnesty, which will provide work permits, photo IDs, Social Security, and Medicare to illegal immigrants—all benefits rejected by Congress. This action will mean that American workers, their sons, their daughters, their parents, will now have to compete directly for jobs, wages, and benefits with millions of illegal immigrants.”

Sessions said the creation of this facility is proof Obama doesn’t care about Americans or U.S. laws.

“This facility is a clear symbol of the President’s defiance of the American people, their laws, and their Constitution,” Sessions said. “He is hiring federal employees to carry out a directive that violates the laws Congress has passed in order to foist on the nation laws Congress has repeatedly refused to pass.”

To respond to this, Sessions said Congress must block federal dollars—any and all funding, whether it be from fees or tax dollars or other revenue, as the Congressional Research Service (CRS) says is within Congress’ power—to implement the executive amnesty:

Some have suggested that implementing this amnesty would not have a financial cost, but this action unmistakably demonstrates otherwise. Moreover, the USCIS employees themselves have made plain that taxpayers will be on the hook, warning through their union that the agency is an "approval machine" that will "rubber stamp" applications for amnesty. Year after year, our annual spending bills include numerous restrictions on how federal money can and cannot be spent. Congress funds programs that are worthy and does not fund programs it deems unworthy. The President cannot spend money unless the Congress approves it, and certainly the Congress should not approve funds for an illegal amnesty.

Sessions said if Congress—even Republicans—don’t fight back, the American people will lose their voice in government.

So based on your interpretation, a President can take any law that has been passed that he doesn't happen to agree with, and through executive order say ..... It's not what I prefer to see, change it, and in the mean time I just don't feel the law should be enforced. I mean, what's to stop a Republican president simply demanding change and refusing to enforce Obamacare on his own, without any "checks and balance" of government power?

What Constitutional article and section specifically gives him that power?

Last edited:

Yes, as legislation, which you know who will veto with a smile.

He will extend that EO every three months for the next two years and turn it into "the GOP hates Latinos, dontcha see," and we can count on the conservative nativist and racist to make the GOP look like the bad guys to the rest of America.

So based on your interpretation, a President can take any law that has been passed that he doesn't happen to agree with, and through executive order say ..... It's not what I prefer to see, change it, and in the mean time I just don't feel the law should be enforced. I mean, what's to stop a Republican president simply demanding change and refusing to enforce Obamacare on his own, without any "checks and balance" of government power?

What Constitutional article and section specifically gives him that power?

ACA is law.

The EO is a response to now law.

The rest is deflection. Ignored.

The Democrats first lost the House. Then in the next midterm election the Senate, with the Republicans gained the second largest House majority in our nation's history. This looks more like a desperate plea by this President to try and use whatever means he can, to get another voting block to support putting his party back into power.

The Democrats first lost the House. Then in the next midterm election the Senate, with the Republicans gained the second largest House majority in our nation's history. This looks more like a desperate plea by this President to try and use whatever means he can, to get another voting block to support putting his party back into power.
The Republicans in congress ARE going to give them amnesty so they can garner the Hispanic vote.... the writing is on the wall.... I read a Briebart article yesterday on it, which pretty much showed how congressional leadership has set it up, to be so...

true story

Yep, with a 2/3 vote of both the House and Senate Republicans can pass legislation to nullifies it and overrides a presidential veto. However, since Republicans have only 56% of the House and 54% of the Senate, there is almost no chance of it happening.

The Republicans in congress ARE going to give them amnesty so they can garner the Hispanic vote.... the writing is on the wall.... I read a Briebart article yesterday on it, which pretty much showed how congressional leadership has set it up, to be so...

true story
they already have AMNESTY

Republicans are gonna give them an offer to pay taxes like the rest of the people that work in this country.

true story
they already have AMNESTY

Republicans are gonna give them an offer to pay taxes like the rest of the people that work in this country.
huh? what do you mean?

Forum List

Back