Stay classy libs: libs tweet about Shirley temple

Shirley Temple Black: The awkwardness of her Baby Burlesks films.

In its representation of both the “porters” and the “cannibals,” played by African-American children, the short is uncomfortably racist. Charles Lamont, the director, was cruel to all of his young stars. Shirley Temple Black recorded in her autobiography that he kept a soundproof box with a block of ice in it, and would threaten to confine naughty children within. But he was perhaps cruelest to the young black actors: Lamont strung a tripwire across the set at shin level to the children playing the “cannibals,” so that they’d fall down more effectively when “shot” by arrows.

The wingnuts here have been bringing up her political affiliation like it's an issue with Lefties. It isn't. She was a doll and just about everybody liked her. She needs you to stop trolling and respect her memory.

The wingnuts here have been bringing up her political affiliation like it's an issue with Lefties. It isn't. She was a doll and just about everybody liked her. She needs you to stop trolling and respect her memory.

It should also be remembered that while she was quite active in GOP Politics under Nixon and Reagan, under the Bushes, not so much.

You didnt bother reading the post, I seee. How typical. You sound like a dufus because your post is directly contradicted by the article.
Democrats have achieved the state of partisanship such that party affiliation and views are the only thing that matters. They couldn't say a good thing about a Republican if they had to, unless they are praising him for bashing other Republicans.

I think this one tweet sums it up:

Not trying to seem mean the actor who played Shirley Temple die so motherfucking what she was more definitely a racist—
Mr. Smoke U.Out ♒️ (@Rdgetallotoftha) February 11, 2014

It fits liberal ideology perfectly. First make a statement like, I really don't want to be mean, butttttttt, I am going to be very mean. Everything that proceeds "but" in liberal talk is BS.

Almost every tweet reference her being a republican or a racist. No doubt these were not from conservatives or republicans.

Which is interesting. When those movies were made the country didn't treat minorities very well that is a given. But we have grown out of that racism to where white people cheer teams of almost all blacks every Sunday if not every day. It is also interesting that the liberal left, democrats, will try and say that those who were racists back then are now all Republicans. That somehow the democrat party, with its very well documented racism has some how reformed itself to where the then democrats are now republicans and visa versa. And yet somehow they just treat her differently. Hypocrites every last liberal democrat and the will be until their party apologizes for their roll in slavery and what they did to the black man after the civil war, up to and including today.

That all said these tweets are most likely from the trolls of the democrat party and do not reflect the majority opinion of democrats/liberal.

Either way she has freedom of speech on her side. I guess some people either don't believe in it or are so butt hurt that they have to whine.

^^^ Rather they have to hate, those who have been successful. Jealousy and envy will never end with those who hate.

It's a shame that her memory wasn't honored by lowering the flags at the White House. I thought Obama would do that to honor the former ambassador.

And it would be nice if the leftie tweeters would stop bashing her simply because she was a Republican. That sort of trash talk has become predictable. I'm surprised Maher didn't suggest a mass shooting at her funeral the way he hoped it would happen at the CMAs.

This reminds me of some of the class that was shown from the right when Pete Seeger died.

Probably everything reminds you of that.
Pete Seeger was an unrepentent communist and jew-hater. It was a major part of his career as a folk singer. Shirley Temple the actress was non political.

The good news is that when Ted Kennedy died, nobody has tasteless things to say based on politics.

Forum List

Back