STD cases on the rise, gee, I wonder why ?

The only certain way to not expose yourself to stds is not to have sex. Even if you, personally, are not promiscuous, your partner may be.

Having made the decision to have sex and expose yourself to an std, the only other thing you can do is mitigate the risk. Use a condom and accept the rate of failure.

I'd add: Know the risks, know the symptoms, if you have contracted an STD, get it treated.

Not knowing, being embarrassed to seek treatment, and not having access to treatment are reasons for the rise in STDs.
That makes no sense at all. Treatment is a reaction to the rise in stds. Treatment or lack of treatment doesn't cause stds.

I didn't say it did. I said not know, being embarrassed to seek treatment, and not having access to treatment are reasons for the rise in STDs.

Example:

Harry marries Sally. Sally is a virgin, Harry isn't.
Harry's previous partner gave him an STD. It may be one with no symptoms, or it may have symptoms that Harry's ignoring.
Harry transmits his STD to Sally.

Clearer?
If Sally had told Harry to go fuck someone else, she would never run the risk of getting an STD from Harry.

Clearer?

In some magical universe where Sally had ESP and knew that Harry had had a partner before her.

That's why it's important to know who you're with other than what kind of car they drive or how much money they make.

You still cannot come up with in instance in which someone gets an std without sex can you?

Because I never said any such thing.
Okay. You admit that abstinence is 100% effective in preventing stds.

Not for a rape and/or incest victim.

Or would you be willing to argue that a four-year-old is a willing partner?
It's a crime. It has nothing to do with abstinence.

You still cannot come up with in instance in which someone gets an std without sex can you?

Because I never said any such thing.
Okay. You admit that abstinence is 100% effective in preventing stds.

Not for a rape and/or incest victim.

Or would you be willing to argue that a four-year-old is a willing partner?
It's a crime. It has nothing to do with abstinence.

I agree it's a crime, one of the worst. But you can't argue that the child wasn't abstinent.

It's easy to put people in little hypothetical boxes, but RL tends to be messier. Be wary of absolutism.

STDS were brought over from europe by the christians with columbus
Wrong way around. The sailors got syphilis in the Americas, from the savages and spread it to Europe.

History of Sexually Transmitted Disease

These were savages from Hispaniola. Not the North American native tribes. The People were not a particularly promiscuous people. They married very young and in most tribes the penalty for adultery was to lose your nose.

Chlamydia sets all time record...

CDC: 1.4 Million Cases of Chlamydia in 2014 ‘Highest Number of Annual Cases Of Any Condition Ever Reported’
April 13, 2016 – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) 2014 Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Surveillance shows dramatic increases in the number of Americans infected, including a record number who are infected with chlamydia.
"The approximately 1.4 million cases of chlamydia represent the highest number of annual cases of any condition ever reported to CDC,” a fact sheet for the report stated. “Substantial increases were also seen among reported cases of gonorrhea and syphilis,” the fact sheet stated. “While young people and women are most severely affected by STDs, increasing rates among men contributed to the overall increase in 2014 across all diseases.”

The report stated that the rates of reported cases of chlamydia and gonorrhea are highest among young people aged 15-24, with young women having the greatest long-term health consequences. “It is estimated that undiagnosed STDs cause more than 20,000 women to become infertile each year,” the report said.

The fact sheet stated that the health care costs associated with the nearly 20 million new sexually transmitted infections that occur every year represent nearly $16 billion in health care costs. “The data are based on state and local STD case reports from a variety of private and public sources,” the fact sheet stated. “They indicate that the majority of cases are reported in non-STD clinic settings, such as private physician offices and health maintenance organizations.”

CDC: 1.4 Million Cases of Chlamydia in 2014 ‘Highest Number of Annual Cases Of Any Condition Ever Reported’

Stunner. The irresponsible-class strikes again.

In 2014, 83 percent of male cases of syphilis were from gay or bisexual men.

The CDC’s 2014 STD Surveillance Report, which was released on Tuesday, paints a disturbing picture. Among the data, chlamydia cases are up 2.8 percent since 2013, and gonorrhea cases are up 5.1 percent. Syphilis cases increased by a whopping 15.1 percent.

“STDs continue to affect young people —particularly women — most severely, but increasing rates among men contributed to the overall increases in 2014 across all three diseases,” the CDC said in a press release.

U.S. STD Cases on the Rise for the First Time Since 2006

And what is the 'irresponsible class' again?

The old adage of "if it feels good, do it" is not necessarily always prudent advice. Restraint is sometimes a virtuous measure. Keep your knees together and you'll have less to worry about.

Forum List

Back