STD cases on the rise, gee, I wonder why ?

Of course abstinence works. It prevents stds and pregnancy. It works until the people are no longer abstinent.

Now there's your "obviously."

There's another dimension of the obvious, which is the unfounded belief that if you make something arcane and scary, people will avoid it.
Are you trying to say that not having sex is the cause of sexually transmitted disease?

Reading the article it seems that rampant means something other than rampant. Out of 300 students 20 have chlamydia. While not a perfect 100% score whatever they are teaching is working for 280 students.

So your argument is that abstinence only works? Or that you don't understand that not everyone who has sex gets chlamydia? Those 20 could be the tip of the iceberg (note, I'm not saying "are" because, unlike RWs, I like to wait for facts). This might not be the only school.

Offhand, my answer to the "I wonder why?" question would be "lack of information, lack of access, and Stupid Religious Tricks."
Your statement was that chlamydia was rampant at this school. Obviously it's not rampant. Facts is facts.

When you've tested every single student, you'll have data to support your "obviously." Until then, you're just dancing around the fact that at least part of the reason for the spread of STDs is ignorance.
The entirety of the reason for the spread of stds is having sex. Sorry to tell you, but that's the real reason.

Again, obvious.

What's implied in your post is that sex is evil, because you might catch an STD. That's where cause and effect become less obvious.
I never said that sex is evil. If you don't know by now that those who have indiscriminate sex risks an std, there's no way to deal with ignorance like that. Yes it is cause and effect. There is no way around it.

I never said that sex is evil. If you don't know by now that those who have indiscriminate sex risks an std, there's no way to deal with ignorance like that. Yes it is cause and effect. There is no way around it.

Your implication is that "indiscriminate sex" is the only cause. It isn't.

Your inference is that's what it meant.

I didn't use the term "indiscriminate sex." Try to pay attention.

Didn't say you did. You should pay attention. What you did say is the person implied what they did about it. The ONLY way you can make the claim is to infer that he did and it's only your opinion not fact.

Stunner. The irresponsible-class strikes again.

In 2014, 83 percent of male cases of syphilis were from gay or bisexual men.

The CDC’s 2014 STD Surveillance Report, which was released on Tuesday, paints a disturbing picture. Among the data, chlamydia cases are up 2.8 percent since 2013, and gonorrhea cases are up 5.1 percent. Syphilis cases increased by a whopping 15.1 percent.

“STDs continue to affect young people —particularly women — most severely, but increasing rates among men contributed to the overall increases in 2014 across all three diseases,” the CDC said in a press release.

U.S. STD Cases on the Rise for the First Time Since 2006
Hard, horny penis action...

Didn't say you did. You should pay attention. What you did say is the person implied what they did about it. The ONLY way you can make the claim is to infer that he did and it's only your opinion not fact.

Do you have anything to say on the actual topic?

The only certain way to not expose yourself to stds is not to have sex. Even if you, personally, are not promiscuous, your partner may be.

Having made the decision to have sex and expose yourself to an std, the only other thing you can do is mitigate the risk. Use a condom and accept the rate of failure.

The only certain way to not expose yourself to stds is not to have sex. Even if you, personally, are not promiscuous, your partner may be.

Having made the decision to have sex and expose yourself to an std, the only other thing you can do is mitigate the risk. Use a condom and accept the rate of failure.

I'd add: Know the risks, know the symptoms, if you have contracted an STD, get it treated.

Not knowing, being embarrassed to seek treatment, and not having access to treatment are reasons for the rise in STDs.

I'd add: Know the risks, know the symptoms, if you have contracted an STD, get it treated.

Not knowing, being embarrassed to seek treatment, and not having access to treatment are reasons for the rise in STDs.
That makes no sense at all. Treatment is a reaction to the rise in stds. Treatment or lack of treatment doesn't cause stds.

That makes no sense at all. Treatment is a reaction to the rise in stds. Treatment or lack of treatment doesn't cause stds.

I didn't say it did. I said not know, being embarrassed to seek treatment, and not having access to treatment are reasons for the rise in STDs.

Example:

Harry marries Sally. Sally is a virgin, Harry isn't.
Harry's previous partner gave him an STD. It may be one with no symptoms, or it may have symptoms that Harry's ignoring.
Harry transmits his STD to Sally.

Clearer?

I didn't say it did. I said not know, being embarrassed to seek treatment, and not having access to treatment are reasons for the rise in STDs.

Example:

Harry's previous partner gave him an STD. It may be one with no symptoms, or it may have symptoms that Harry's ignoring.

Clearer?
If Sally had told Harry to get an exam before marriage, she would never run the risk of getting an STD from Harry. If Harry is cheating, divorce his ass and take everything he has. Which does not negate the fact that Harry had sex with an infected partner.

Clearer?

You cannot come up with an example of a std spread without sex.

Example:

Clearer?
If Sally had told Harry to go fuck someone else, she would never run the risk of getting an STD from Harry.

Clearer?

In some magical universe where Sally had ESP and knew that Harry had had a partner before her.

Example:

Clearer?
If Sally had told Harry to go fuck someone else, she would never run the risk of getting an STD from Harry.

Clearer?

In some magical universe where Sally had ESP and knew that Harry had had a partner before her.
Number 1 is ask.
Number 2 is ask for a test which is what doctors are recommending anyway.

Today, if Harry is such a player, he isn't going to be interested in a woman that tells him no sex before marriage anyway.

Example:

Clearer?

Clearer?

Number 1 is ask.

Today, if Harry is such a player, he isn't going to be interested in a woman that tells him no sex before marriage anyway.

I was with you until that last bit. Y'all don't consider that there's any middle ground between a virgin and a "player."

We won't even get into the nuances of rape and incest:

Sexually transmitted diseases in children. - PubMed - NCBI

Example:

Clearer?

Clearer?

Number 1 is ask.

I was with you until that last bit. Y'all don't consider that there's any middle ground between a virgin and a "player."

We won't even get into the nuances of rape and incest:

Sexually transmitted diseases in children. - PubMed - NCBI
You still cannot come up with in instance in which someone gets an std without sex can you?

Forum List

Back