Steward Rhodes charged with seditious conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just say it. Don’t be a bitch. Say it.

Do you condemn that part of the Oath Keepers that is anti-fascist? Very simple question. Yet you struggle so massively.
That's not the question you posed.

Do you (1) condemn the Oath Keepers entirely OR do you (2) agree with them with regard to their hatred of fascism? - BackAgain

My answer was (1) I condemn the Oath Keepes entirely.

They are using "seditious conspiracy" to allege the man not only communicated his desire to harm the government, but also had the ability to do it.

I pay far more attention to these things than you obviously do.
Sigh. 18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy​

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

See, no mention of guns. But they did "conspire.....by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States". That's gonna be pretty easy to prove with everything the government has on these traitors. They can say bye bye for 20 years. My guess is they will plead guilty, just like the rest of the traitors.

He's an idiot.
Unless you are government sanctioned, any action you take against an enemy force, you would be ruled an unlawful combatant. And have no legal protections under the Geneva conventions.
Meager is the idiot. We aren’t talking about taking action against an enemy force. Just keep throwing shot in the wall, meager. Some of it will stick.

Which means they will be giving someone higher than themselves up in exchange.
Or they would rather take a plea deal for a lesser crime with a guaranteed lesser sentence than take their chances on going to jail for 10-20 years. Less than 8% of people charged with Federal Crimes go to trial. Everyone isn't flipping on someone else.

Sigh. 18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy​

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

See, no mention of guns. But they did "conspire.....by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States". That's gonna be pretty easy to prove with everything the government has on these traitors. They can say bye bye for 20 years. My guess is they will plead guilty, just like the rest of the traitors.

Mens rea, once again.

And if you know what the government actually has, other than his communicating things like "the next Lexington is coming" or "it's time for us to take action" via an obscure social messaging app... then the government has nothing. Lots of political groups use similar grandeose phraseology, such as "take action." That does not imply they are taking violent action.

The government needs to provide proof he planned out a distribution network of any kind to furnish weapons to those of like mind, or that he intended to act in the manner it alleges.

Quoting the law means nothing to me unless you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt it was violated. And you can't.

There is no ignorance because there is no provable intent.
The oath keeper gang leader, being the dummy that he is, sent several texts and left messages on websites for all to read. Here's a snippet of what the feds have:

"By Dec. 31st, that indictment states, Rhodes had joined a private group text on Signal titled “DC OP: Jan 6 21.” The indictment describes Rhodes as hand-picking a top deputy, known as “PERSON TEN,” to be the “operations leader” for the group on Jan. 6. The indictment also alleges Rhodes put up money for hotel rooms for himself and “PERSON TEN” at the Hilton Garden Inn in Vienna, Virginia. And it describes how, on the day of the insurrection, Rhodes was in constant contact, via text and phone call, with people named in the alleged conspiracy."

They have him nailed. LOL you thinking the DOJ doesnt have all its bases covered before making an arrest.

Mens rea, once again.

And if you know what the government actually has, other than his communicating things like "the next Lexington is coming" or "it's time for us to take action" via an obscure social messaging app... then the government has nothing. Lots of political groups use similar grandeose phraseology, such as "take action." That does not imply they are taking violent action.

The government needs to provide proof he planned out a distribution network of any kind to furnish weapons to those of like mind, or that he intended to act in the manner it alleges.

Quoting the law means nothing to me unless you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt it was violated. And you can't.
That's why they were arrested. But dont tell us proving anything in a court of law actually means anything to you. If found guilty, you'll simply say the judicial system is run by communists and all the jurors were communists or some such nonsense. Because you dont actually believe in the rule of law.

You're right I cant. But the DOJ can. And that's all that matter.

I dont work for the DOJ, asshat. Is this the first time you've heard of a case take a year to make arrests? You cant be that ignorant, can you?
You do realize that when you make an arrest you need to charge them? Have they all or anyone of them been charged with being a traitor or with Insurrection? Yes or no?

So, does that imply he intended to take violent action against the government? Does that prove he orchestrated a weapons distribution network?
Boy you sure are stupid. Where are weapons mentioned in the law code I provided? You're fucking slower than most of the right wing nut jobs on here, and that's saying something. Listen we're not holding a trial here I dont have to prove shit to you. That is the DOJ's job. Your tax dollars at work!

That's why they were arrested. But dont tell us proving anything in a court of law actually means anything to you. If found guilty, you'll simply say the judicial system is run by communists and all the jurors were communists or some such nonsense. Because you dont actually believe in the rule of law.

You're right I cant. But the DOJ can. And that's all that matter.

Pipe down, little angry zealot.

The DOJ is corrupt. A hollow shell of its former self. It has been used as a weapon by many a presidential administration, not as an actual instrument of carrying out 'justice.'

The government has immeasurable power against the individual, it can do anything it wants to the individual. Including making up these charges and scaring a grand jury into issuing an indictment. It can happen, it has happened.

Meager is the idiot. We aren’t talking about taking action against an enemy force. Just keep throwing shot in the wall, meager. Some of it will stick.
You are either taking up arms against an enemy force, or against the US or allied force. You need government sanction for either one, or you would suffer being an unprotected illegal combatant in the former, and a seditionist in the later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back