STFU Jack Kingston

What are you smoking?

Rep. Jack Kingston Proposes That Poor Students Sweep Floors In Exchange For Lunch

And when you humiliate the kid out of school, what's your plan then?

C'mon -- could we just have one cycle to allow Dems to be the ones to run with the stupid ball? They handed us the gift of Obamacare and you say crap like this??

Aaaarrrrgggggghhhhhh

Where is your outrage that the Democrats in the Senate voted to give Illegals an increase while voting to cut the pay to the Country's Military Veterans, including those who are disabled?

At least that kid is physically able to sweep the floor for their lunch. That is more than what can be said for many of the disable miltary veterans.

As far as I know they didn't vote to cut the pay of veterans. They slowed the rate of increase of veterans' benefits for able-bodied, pre-retirement age vets. Something like this should happen with more people. Not just veterans and federal employees.

I only recently learned about the tax credit for illegal aliens. That sucks if I understand it anywhere near correctly. Shouldn't be allowed. No one who is here illegally should be getting refunds of money they earned illegally.

But that doesn't let Republicans off the hook for idiocy. School should be a place where kids feel safe and welcome. Not a searing embarrassing experience motivating them to truancy and early dropout.

So I'll ask you the same question I asked AzMike -- how early are you going to make the children start working for their keep?

then you are ignorant of what is going on...

I had my son working around the house "earning his keep" as soon as he was big enough to carry out the trash.

Then when he could mow the lawn, that became his job, and still is.

Learning to work at an early age is not wrong.

When I was in school I worked as a student crossing guard and cleaned chalk board erasers in grade school, in the cafeteria washing dishes in a commercial dishwasher in Jr. high and worked in the book store in high school. That was more than 50 years ago, what makes kids so special today that they can't be taught to appreciate what they have and what it costs to get it? But I guess you're right, we don't hold able bodied adults to this minimal standard why worry about their brats, generational welfare isn't anything we need to worry about, is it?

Another republican advocating child labor. :eusa_whistle:

You're an idiot. Working jobs while young and not sucking off the liberal tit teaches you that your work can be valuable. You need to provide services people or an employer want. You need to produce a product people want. If you can't do either of those things you deserve nothing.
That's called child labor no matter how ya slice it. At 15 I had to get a paper from my school and the DOL signed to even work...

You're an idiot. Working jobs while young and not sucking off the liberal tit teaches you that your work can be valuable. You need to provide services people or an employer want. You need to produce a product people want. If you can't do either of those things you deserve nothing.
That's called child labor no matter how ya slice it. At 15 I had to get a paper from my school and the DOL signed to even work...

Holy sh*t. At 15 you needed government approval to provide for yourself? How pathetic is that? What did you do until then just sit on your *ss and wait for handouts?

Holy sh*t. At 15 you needed government approval to provide for yourself? How pathetic is that? What did you do until then just sit on your *ss and wait for handouts?

I had parents lol..I wanted to buy my own stuff at that age,clothes and cd's. Yep had to get permission to work and could only work so many hours per week.

When I was in school I worked as a student crossing guard and cleaned chalk board erasers in grade school, in the cafeteria washing dishes in a commercial dishwasher in Jr. high and worked in the book store in high school. That was more than 50 years ago, what makes kids so special today that they can't be taught to appreciate what they have and what it costs to get it? But I guess you're right, we don't hold able bodied adults to this minimal standard why worry about their brats, generational welfare isn't anything we need to worry about, is it?

And, if more kids worked maybe fewer of them would be out killing other kids. Work teaches discipline and respect for one's self and others, you can never be too young to start learning those lessons.

Last edited:
Where is your outrage that the Democrats in the Senate voted to give Illegals an increase while voting to cut the pay to the Country's Military Veterans, including those who are disabled?

At least that kid is physically able to sweep the floor for their lunch. That is more than what can be said for many of the disable miltary veterans.

As far as I know they didn't vote to cut the pay of veterans. They slowed the rate of increase of veterans' benefits for able-bodied, pre-retirement age vets. Something like this should happen with more people. Not just veterans and federal employees.

I only recently learned about the tax credit for illegal aliens. That sucks if I understand it anywhere near correctly. Shouldn't be allowed. No one who is here illegally should be getting refunds of money they earned illegally.

But that doesn't let Republicans off the hook for idiocy. School should be a place where kids feel safe and welcome. Not a searing embarrassing experience motivating them to truancy and early dropout.

So I'll ask you the same question I asked AzMike -- how early are you going to make the children start working for their keep?

I had my son working around the house "earning his keep" as soon as he was big enough to carry out the trash.

There is a huge difference between a loving parent having his child do chores and a bureaucracy requiring a four-year-old or six-year-old or 8-year-old or 10-year-old or 15-year-old to work x-amount of time before he's allowed to eat.

Kids should get to be kids. They should get to play. They should get to spend time with their friends. They should be encouraged to make friends across the social spectrum, not artificially forced into even more cliques than they're in now by not letting them have recess with the well-off kids so they can work for their lunch.

Why don't you explain to me how what I said about veterans' benefits is incorrect? I was under the impression that they won't be getting as large of COLAs. That's a slower increase, not a cut.

Last edited:
What are you smoking?

Rep. Jack Kingston Proposes That Poor Students Sweep Floors In Exchange For Lunch

C'mon -- could we just have one cycle to allow Dems to be the ones to run with the stupid ball? They handed us the gift of Obamacare and you say crap like this??

Aaaarrrrgggggghhhhhh
What he said wasn't wrong. Why isn't a poor kid humiliated he is on the free lunch program? He or she should be. Why isn't that child's parents humiliated? They should be.

And here we see the problem among most of the republican rank and file.

Clearly the ‘stupid ball’ belongs solely to the GOP.

The conservative notion of subjecting the poor to ‘humiliation,’ whether it be a child or his parents, as some means to ‘motivate’ them to stop being poor, is repugnant to the fundamental principles of this great Nation.

We are better than this.

I guess some Republicans don't think people are running into Democrats' arms fast enough. Saying a baby from rape is a gift from God isn't doing enough damage. Now they want to make the rape baby work to feed itself.

The negative ads just write themselves.

This madness has to stop.

Republicans are better than this. Democrats are pushing a damaging agenda, and Republicans are driving voters to them. Newt Gingrich talking like this in the 1990's almost made a permanent Democrat out of me. If it hadn't been for Bush talking about compassionate conservatism, Republicans could not have won me back. Now Republicans are at it again. It's horrible. If what Obama is pushing is wrong, and if voters are wrong for having put him in office, then Republicans are just as wrong for not giving voters an attractive alternative.

Edit: I hadn't seen Clayton's "we are better than this" when I started writing this post and unintentionally echoed his remark. But we are -- we should be -- where is our heart? Where is our common sense?

Edit 2: No, Clayton, the stupid ball doesn't belong solely to Republicans, but we sure are fighting to wrestle it back when Democrats have it.

Last edited:

Exactly.

I was on the "Lunch Program" for a couple of years. Everyone who was either helped the Janitors, ran the clipper machines, carried out trash, etc.

Actually, there was no lunch program back then I always paid, I worked because I wanted to and the advantages I got from it. I did get my lunch free when I worked in the cafeteria and my parents let me keep my lunch money.

I rode my bike to my dads job site after school to sweep up, take the trash to the dumpster and stack all of the lumber into piles. Then I got to throw the bike in my dad's truck to go home for dinner.

Work isn't a virus that needs to be treated, it's necessary to the growth of an individual into a productive human being.

You were a pilot as a kid? Cool, you got to pile it here and pile it there. LOL
Some folks just don't understand that work should be part of everyone's education.

Amelia I share your exasperation with republicans shooting themselves in the foot and playing right into the hands of dems on so many issues but here the presentation is the problem. Just like many schools have a uniform code(jeans and at shirt) to promote equality in the classroom schools should serve everyone lunch AND make everyone do chores. If it is good enough for poor kids it should be good enough for rich kids(maybe we could prevent affluenza) and that way we could promote a work ethic among all children or at least get them thinking about it. But you are absolutely right that we need smarter messaging although I think what we really need is smarter people doing the messaging.

There is a huge difference between a loving parent having his child do chores and a bureaucracy requiring a four-year-old or six-year-old or 8-year-old or 10-year-old or 15-year-old to work x-amount of time before he's allowed to eat.

Kids should get to be kids. They should get to play. They should get to spend time with their friends. They should be encouraged to make friends across the social spectrum, not artificially forced into even more cliques than they're in now by not letting them have recess with the well-off kids so they can work for their lunch.

Why don't you explain to me how what I said about veterans' benefits is incorrect? I was under the impression that they won't be getting as large of COLAs. That's a slower increase, not a cut.

As for the vets, they cut the COLAs for all military retirees below age 62 including those who were medically retired. Reducing the COLA reduces the over all value of the retirement, as much as 80,000+ for enlisted and 140,000+ for officers. There is currently a commission working of military benefits and when that commission was formed the weren't suppose to consider cuts for current members and retirees. Congress screwed the hell out of that pooch and the younger guys and gals that may even be missing large portions of their bodies.

I rode my bike to my dads job site after school to sweep up, take the trash to the dumpster and stack all of the lumber into piles. Then I got to throw the bike in my dad's truck to go home for dinner.

Work isn't a virus that needs to be treated, it's necessary to the growth of an individual into a productive human being.

When I was a kid, we got up at 4 am to milk the cows....then we went down to the river, a 4 mile walk, uphill both ways, to catch our breakfast, while we were there, we washed our only set of clothes in that river using soap that we made ourselves........blah, blah, fucking blah!

Look at these USMB Republicans doubling down. Isn't it funny how they say they hate the "elites" yet want to separate children into groups based on the income of their parents? Worse, these right wingers don't even know they are assholes.

What are you smoking?

Aaaarrrrgggggghhhhhh
What he said wasn't wrong. Why isn't a poor kid humiliated he is on the free lunch program? He or she should be. Why isn't that child's parents humiliated? They should be.

Doing work for the items you need to live isn't humiliating no matter what that job may be. Thinking you are owed something for no effort on your part because actually working for it is beneath you should be humiliating.

You know who this humiliates? The f*cking janitor! The person that actually does the job to earn enough money to support himself and his family but is somehow deemed beneath the little bastard on welfare.

If you won't sweep a floor for f*cking lunch YOU DESERVE TO STARVE. If doing a menial task in order to feed yourself is beneath you what is up to you standards? What job is possibly up to your standards to actually take care of yourself? Janitorial services isn't good enough, McDonalds? Burger King? Walmart? What f*cking job is good enough for a person to do to actually feed themselves?

At what age should the poor child start sweeping the floor while kids with well-off parents are outside playing or in class learning? Is 8 early enough for you? Or should kindergarteners and first graders be bussing tables too?

No one is talking about not letting kids take classes, although truth be told they would learn more spending time with the janitor than with the teacher.
AZMike is right: at what point did manual labor become a disgrace? At what point did taking hand outs cease being a disgrace?

When I was a kid, we got up at 4 am to milk the cows....then we went down to the river, a 4 mile walk, uphill both ways, to catch our breakfast, while we were there, we washed our only set of clothes in that river using soap that we made ourselves........blah, blah, fucking blah!
You spoiled pussy. You can't believe people actually did that at one time. But they did and I have met many people with similar stories.
Wuss.

Doing work for the items you need to live isn't humiliating no matter what that job may be. Thinking you are owed something for no effort on your part because actually working for it is beneath you should be humiliating.

You know who this humiliates? The f*cking janitor! The person that actually does the job to earn enough money to support himself and his family but is somehow deemed beneath the little bastard on welfare.

If you won't sweep a floor for f*cking lunch YOU DESERVE TO STARVE. If doing a menial task in order to feed yourself is beneath you what is up to you standards? What job is possibly up to your standards to actually take care of yourself? Janitorial services isn't good enough, McDonalds? Burger King? Walmart? What f*cking job is good enough for a person to do to actually feed themselves?

At what age should the poor child start sweeping the floor while kids with well-off parents are outside playing or in class learning? Is 8 early enough for you? Or should kindergarteners and first graders be bussing tables too?

No one is talking about not letting kids take classes, although truth be told they would learn more spending time with the janitor than with the teacher.
AZMike is right: at what point did manual labor become a disgrace? At what point did taking hand outs cease being a disgrace?

You didn't answer my question. At what age are you going to have the child start missing recess and bonding time with the well-off kids so she can start working for her lunch?

Age 5? Age 7?

Maybe I'm just weird but I dont see how you can be humiliated by working for your food.

Granted, I think the work students should probably be doing is their school work

Forum List

Back