Stoned Denver diners passing out in restaurants

There actually IS a black market for pot here in Colorado. I routinely hear about a pot shop or growing facility being broken into and the pot being stolen. The stolen weed is sold on the street for cash.

Link?

Denver marijuana shop broken into roof lit on fire - The Denver Post

Video:
Pot Theft in Colorado on the Rise Video - ABC News

And I bet folks from all around came to watch the fire, and no doubt the crowd thought it was funnier and funnier as time went by. Probably a few pizza deliveries too.

There are lots of home delivery pot sellers...just call and they deliver.

The real problem is that they are driving around. There were some before but now there are many more with state approval and pot makes you think you are smarter than you are. We have the same issue here, one good thing though, the greedy tax collectors aren't raking in the income like they thought they would because its' much cheaper to buy it illegally.
but driving and buying it from some place other than a dispensary are still illegal right?....

It is illegal to smoke and drive but they're finding it difficult to prove when a driver smoked most recently. Alcohol use can be determined with a certain amount of pinpoint accuracy but pot remains in fat cells and hair follicles for a long period of time so it's hard to know if someone smoked weed today or a week ago (speaking in terms of regular or chronic users).
im sure they will come up with something.....how about buying it from the "guy" you know?.......

but driving and buying it from some place other than a dispensary are still illegal right?....
Not here. There are pot shops now, quite a few on one stretch of road. I never see much going on in the way of business though, so maybe the tax is keeping them away. WA adds a LOT of tax to tobacco and alcohol, so they must have done the same to weed.
so in Colorado,sorry Washington.... its not illegal to buy it from the guy in the ally?....if not it should be

There actually IS a black market for pot here in Colorado. I routinely hear about a pot shop or growing facility being broken into and the pot being stolen. The stolen weed is sold on the street for cash.

Link?

Denver marijuana shop broken into roof lit on fire - The Denver Post

Video:
Pot Theft in Colorado on the Rise Video - ABC News

Hour first link shows that nothing was stolen as the goods were locked away.

The second one is also easy to identify. The FED does has not established a legal status for these folks. So banks shut them out (for obvious reasons) leaving them to fend for themselves. It's a set up by government that wouldn't happen if the federal govt didnt still classify it as a schedule 1 narcotic.

Nevertheless, the video points out that pot (and cash) theft is on the rise since the legalization of marijuana in Colorado. Also, there are many of these thefts that don't make the headlines or even the back pages of newspapers. I sell various products to the marijuana growing industry (various gases, hoses, and other items). I get to speak with growers several times a week. There are many more thefts and/or break-ins taking place than are reported in the news.

I'd expect nothing less but an increase in burglary when an industry is cut off from the banking sector in such way. Their shops are targeted because well, these criminals know there is probably money inside and goods too.

Which is why these shops are going fort Knox.

Part of the reason they are being robbed is because they have cash and banks don't want to open accounts for these businesses because they don't want to be found "laundering" money.

So now you have an industry of law abiding citizens trying to attain the American Dream. Yet are targets for robberies because they are easy targets. Lots of cash on the premises and pot that they can sell to others in non-legal states. Thus, perpetuating this false narrative that marijuana produces crime when it's the actual laws that are perpetuating the crimes.

The second one is also easy to identify. The FED does has not established a legal status for these folks. So banks shut them out (for obvious reasons) leaving them to fend for themselves. It's a set up by government that wouldn't happen if the federal govt didnt still classify it as a schedule 1 narcotic.

Nevertheless, the video points out that pot (and cash) theft is on the rise since the legalization of marijuana in Colorado. Also, there are many of these thefts that don't make the headlines or even the back pages of newspapers. I sell various products to the marijuana growing industry (various gases, hoses, and other items). I get to speak with growers several times a week. There are many more thefts and/or break-ins taking place than are reported in the news.

I'd expect nothing less but an increase in burglary when an industry is cut off from the banking sector in such way. Their shops are targeted because well, these criminals know there is probably money inside and goods too.

Part of the reason they are being robbed is because they have cash and banks don't want to open accounts for these businesses because they don't want to be found "laundering" money.

So now you have an industry of law abiding citizens trying to attain the American Dream. Yet are targets for robberies because they are easy targets. Lots of cash on the premises and pot that they can sell to others in non-legal states. Thus, perpetuating this false narrative that marijuana produces crime when it's the actual laws that are perpetuating the crimes.

If only we could do away with murder-laws then murder would no longer be a crime. LOL. Laws exist to protect society and individuals. Legalizing pot and removing the laws that govern its use won't make an impaired driver any safer. It's not going to make a machine operator more competent.

Legalizing pot isn't going to make a person who doesn't have any cash less likely to steal some if he sees an opportunity. Even if pot growers in States where pot is legal are allowed (someday) to deposit money in banks thieves will still seek to steal their pot.

The real problem is that they are driving around. There were some before but now there are many more with state approval and pot makes you think you are smarter than you are. We have the same issue here, one good thing though, the greedy tax collectors aren't raking in the income like they thought they would because its' much cheaper to buy it illegally.

It is illegal to smoke and drive but they're finding it difficult to prove when a driver smoked most recently. Alcohol use can be determined with a certain amount of pinpoint accuracy but pot remains in fat cells and hair follicles for a long period of time so it's hard to know if someone smoked weed today or a week ago (speaking in terms of regular or chronic users).
Who gives a shit? If they' have the THC in their system from a week ago and driving, throw their ass in jail. I don't want these pot heads driving.

Who gives a shit? If they' have the THC in their system from a week ago and driving, throw their ass in jail. I don't want these pot heads driving.

Unfortunately ... recreational pot use is legal in Colorado so law enforcement has been forced to "give a shit."

There are still ways to fight back against the chemically induced walking dead. Enforce what laws still exist and stop prosecuting people who defend themselves.

Yeah, I just said that.

We should do the same with alcohol then too. Even nicotine. I dont want those degenerates driving either.

Not here. There are pot shops now, quite a few on one stretch of road. I never see much going on in the way of business though, so maybe the tax is keeping them away. WA adds a LOT of tax to tobacco and alcohol, so they must have done the same to weed.
so in Colorado,sorry Washington.... its not illegal to buy it from the guy in the ally?....if not it should be
Huh? Put the bong down and try again.

There's no cognitive impairment with nicotine. There are already penalties for drinking. Try drunk in public see where it gets you.

There's no cognitive impairment with nicotine. There are already penalties for drinking. Try drunk in public see where it gets you.

My reply was in response to someone who wanted to throw someone in jail who may have smoked a week or more before being tested. Is that a fair punishment?

My reply was in response to someone who wanted to throw someone in jail who may have smoked a week or more before being tested. Is that a fair punishment?
Yes.

I'd rather see them executed but some find that too harsh.

Yes.

I'd rather see them executed but some find that too harsh.

Well as a totalitarian righty vs. the authoritarian lefties, I'm not surprised by this.

Forum List

Back