Stop being the stupid party

I do not anticipate the Republican Party returning to a rational party in my lifetime. I parted from the Republican Party in the post Nixon days. Ike was rational, Gerald Ford and George H. W. Bush were rational, but all the other Republican Presidents since Hoover haven't been rational and neither was Hoover. The Republican Party of today is controlled by extremists and the interest of the elite. I don't see how they could reverse control by the extremists without causing a major schism.

extremest, their new found word for people who doesn't see things like them

and the Democrat party has been taken over by commies, don't see you calling them, extremest

The Democrats aren't anything like communists. You are one of the extremists who drives people away from the Republican Party. There are people who don't like extremists on either side of the political spectrum. It takes more than rhetoric to make an extremist party.

Is it that you truly don't know what Progressive Statism is really about? You are sacrificing your individual perspective to fit in and be accepted, subconsciously?

2+2=5 for as long as the consensus says so. Repeat 10X.

When Individual Witness, no matter how true or relevant, becomes a burden to the Powers that be, Tyranny Results. Every time you see someone thrown under the bus, for honest witness, reflect on that.

I do not anticipate the Republican Party returning to a rational party in my lifetime. I parted from the Republican Party in the post Nixon days. Ike was rational, Gerald Ford and George H. W. Bush were rational, but all the other Republican Presidents since Hoover haven't been rational and neither was Hoover. The Republican Party of today is controlled by extremists and the interest of the elite. I don't see how they could reverse control by the extremists without causing a major schism.

If the Republican Party was controlled by Extremists, how did Romney, the farthest Left of all of the front runners, with maybe the exception of Huntsman, get the Nomination, in the first place? Check your premise. The media blitz did do a great job of miss-portraying him. Talented campaign strategy. Worthy of an Oscar.

The party is not controlled by extremists. But they have enough influence combined with the Republican propaganda machine to force moderate candidates to pander to extremists

Romneys 47% blunder is an example. So is taking Paul Ryan as VP

No I don't

I think condescending Republicans drive them away. Do you really think ridiculing Americans who are struggling is the way to push them to prosperity?

why can't we call them free loaders like Pelosi does..? people were struggling then
or others are suppose to sugar coat things so as not to hurt their widdle fweelings?

47% of Americans are freeloaders

How did that little gem work out for you?

Appearently, Romney underestimated the percentage of free-loaders, it was more like the percentage that Obama won by.

If the Republican Party was controlled by Extremists, how did Romney, the farthest Left of all of the front runners, with maybe the exception of Huntsman, get the Nomination, in the first place? Check your premise. The media blitz did do a great job of miss-portraying him. Talented campaign strategy. Worthy of an Oscar.

The party is not controlled by extremists. But they have enough influence combined with the Republican propaganda machine to force moderate candidates to pander to extremists

no one panders like the Democrat party does and they are controlled BY EXTREMIST

and insulting people for not voting for your idiot ideas wont make them vote for you next time

When 1 in 6 people are on food stamps, it's hard to convince all those people that they need less government.

Do you think they want to be on food stamps?

They are on food stamps because they have lost their jobs or are forced to accept low paying jobs

Republicans calling these people freeloaders is not the way to win their loyalty.....getting them jobs IS

Don't you think many of them are voting democrat because they don't want their free benefits taken away?

I truly doubt that, and your comment is one reason why we have to shut you yaps up and realign our GOP with the 21st century.

Obama was pres for 4 years, he just won reelection by the majority of votes.

That means he is mainstream and YOU are the minority party.

They are on food stamps because they have lost their jobs or are forced to accept low paying jobs

Republicans calling these people freeloaders is not the way to win their loyalty.....getting them jobs IS

Don't you think many of them are voting democrat because they don't want their free benefits taken away?

I truly doubt that, and your comment is one reason why we have to shut you yaps up and realign our GOP with the 21st century.

you cant retain these voterss and ever win again.

The tea party has to be cut lose from the party

Taking Joe Biden for Vice President and the appointment of Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State reveals the real and true character of Obama.

Would you take some for your running mate who openly and without shame denigrated your race?

Or for that matter would you name someone for your Secretary of State whose husband considered you only good enough to bring the coffee?

Well, I wonder at that, TM, because you are the TeaP equivalent of the left and yet the Dems won.

Obama was pres for 4 years, he just won reelection by the majority of votes.

That means he is mainstream and YOU are the minority party.

so, Bush was President just four years ago, that must mean he was mainstream and of course you were the minority party THEN

Taking Joe Biden for Vice President and the appointment of Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State reveals the real and true character of Obama.

Would you take some for your running mate who openly and without shame denigrated your race?

Or for that matter would you name someone for your Secretary of State whose husband considered you only good enough to bring the coffee?

No wonder you are laughed at on this Board.

No I don't

I think condescending Republicans drive them away. Do you really think ridiculing Americans who are struggling is the way to push them to prosperity?

Saying that a lot of people voted for free stuff isn't ridiculing Americans, it's an honest assessment of the situation.

Saying a lot of Americans to the far right voted hate and racism isn't ridiculing Americans, it's an honest assessment of the situation.

why can't we call them free loaders like Pelosi does..? people were struggling then
or others are suppose to sugar coat things so as not to hurt their widdle fweelings?

47% of Americans are freeloaders

How did that little gem work out for you?

Appearently, Romney underestimated the percentage of free-loaders, it was more like the percentage that Obama won by.

More support of the stupid party acting stupid

Your post election "free stuff" whining just chased mor people from your party

Both have proved to be effective leaders and did not cost Obama votes

Paul Ryan did

*** PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION, I'M NOT TELLING THE GOP WHAT TO DO, THIS IS NOT A CONSPIRACY, THIS IS NOT A COMMIE TAKEOVER, THIS IS JUST OPINION, PLEASE AVOID THIS POST IF YOU'RE A DITTOHEAD, THANK YOU ***

I'm not yet convinced that the GOP has to "move left" to survive. That could very well be, but it seems to me that the first thing they have to do is marginalize the crazies who are so damaging the conservative message and the conservative brand.

At some point, the GOP needs to understand/admit that demographics are rapidly changing, and then create and implement a plan for attracting those people. All they've managed to do at this point is piss them off, and they have to admit that, as well.

Marginalize the crazies, create and deliver a positive and attractive message, then see where you are before moving left.

Excellent points. In my opinion, the main problem with the GOP in this past decade if not longer, is that they have become beholden to talk radio show hosts like limbaugh and hannity. then they start adopting their agendas and postures. The "47%" is one example, the "Blacks on the Democrat plantation", "deport them now!", "the minutemen", "the low information voters", "the Kenyan", "He's a Muslim!", "his birth certificate", "His mother is a whore and was on welfare", "The Blacks are brainwashed that's why they vote democrat.", "The minorities want handouts, that's why they vote democrat.", etc. is what their brand is now.

If the republican party marketed Michael Steele, Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, Huntsman, and Gary Johnson, they would make a lot of inroads in my opinion.

Forum List

Back