Stop whining about "unconstitutional" DUI checkpoints

Stop comparing your home to a public highway. THINK

Your personal home is on a public street.......just like your personal car. THINK

My home is not on a public street nor I am moving my home down a public street at speed. If and when that starts happening, the police have every right to stop me to check to make sure I am not driving my home under the influence.

Really? Your house isn't on a street with an address? I find that hard to believe. You seem to have internet access and providers "usually" don't provide access to caves or locations where they can't find you or mail you bills. What if you are conducting illegal activity inside your house? And we aren't talking about police stopping people for being "at speed". We are talking about police stopping every car at a roadblock on a fishing expedition in the hopes they will catch someone doing something illegal. Hence the reason people keep asking if they should be able to come knock on your door and ask to look around......all in the name of public safety. THINK

[

An unlawful search is just that no matter where it happens.

I don't think DUI searches are unlawful. People are searched at the airport and when they enter govt buildings. Truckers have their vehicles searched.

You loony libertarians want drunk driving legalized!!!

[

An unlawful search is just that no matter where it happens.

I don't think DUI searches are unlawful. People are searched at the airport and when they enter govt buildings. Truckers have their vehicles searched.

You loony libertarians want drunk driving legalized!!!

I don't want it legalized you idiot.

I just believe in the cops having probable cause to stop, detain and arrest people.

You don't seem to want that.

We are talking about police stopping every car at a roadblock on a fishing expedition in the hopes they will catch someone doing something illegal.

Just like everyone who enters a courthouse is searched. THINK

Your personal home is on a public street.......just like your personal car. THINK

My home is not on a public street nor I am moving my home down a public street at speed. If and when that starts happening, the police have every right to stop me to check to make sure I am not driving my home under the influence.

Really? Your house isn't on a street with an address? I find that hard to believe. You seem to have internet access and providers "usually" don't provide access to caves or locations where they can't find you or mail you bills. What if you are conducting illegal activity inside your house? And we aren't talking about police stopping people for being "at speed". We are talking about police stopping every car at a roadblock on a fishing expedition in the hopes they will catch someone doing something illegal. Hence the reason people keep asking if they should be able to come knock on your door and ask to look around......all in the name of public safety. THINK

No. If my home were on a street it would impede traffic. My home is on a piece of land that I own, not on a public street.

I know what we are talking about. I also know this attempt to connect the two things is absurd.

I think thats a little harsh,and it's hard for the prosecution to convict on something that might have happened.

What do you mean "might have happened".? If you're saying drunk driving by itself, without an accompanying crash, does not harm anyone, then so too for mere cocaine possession. But people caught with coke on their person are convicted of felonies every day. THINK

Uuuh...coke is illegal.
Think..You go to dinner and have two beers,and it's a felony?
Kinda harsh? Yeah....
Do you realize a good portion of society would be committing felonies on a regular basis?

He is dumb as a box of hair, nuttier than a sack of cashews, and playing hooky from his padded cell!

We are talking about police stopping every car at a roadblock on a fishing expedition in the hopes they will catch someone doing something illegal.

People entering a courthouse are not searched, they are screened for weapons, they never do a pat down unless the guy insists on walking in and keeps tripping the metal detector.

People entering a courthouse are not searched, they are screened for weapons, they never do a pat down unless the guy insists on walking in and keeps tripping the metal detector.

Stop using facts, you're just going to confuse him. :eusa_whistle:

HAHAHA. Only an idiot like you would say we are NOT searched when entering a courthouse.

[

Uuuh...coke is illegal.
Think..You go to dinner and have two beers,and it's a felony?
Kinda harsh? Yeah....
Do you realize a good portion of society would be committing felonies on a regular basis?

Hey stupid. The issue is not drinking - it's drunk driving. Have all the beers you want, but then stay away from the wheel. Why are you such a criminal coddler.?

HAHAHA. Only an idiot like you would say we are NOT searched when entering a courthouse.

I have walked into more than one courthouse without even getting screened.

Not sure he's smart enough to know how to parse words, but that is what he appears to be doing. "Searched" generally means at least being patted down. I go into courthouses all the time. They are all the same - you just walk through a metal detector. If it goes off, you step aside and they wand you. Only if THAT turns up something will you then be actually searched.

You are totally correct, of course.

Not sure he's smart enough to know how to parse words, but that is what he appears to be doing. "Searched" generally means at least being patted down. I go into courthouses all the time. They are all the same - you just walk through a metal detector. If it goes off, you step aside and they wand you. Only if THAT turns up something will you then be actually searched.

If that is the case, having someone stopped and not patting them down would not be a search.

[

Hey stupid. That's a search!!!

think

If that is the case, having someone stopped and not patting them down would not be a search.

Wow, some actual intelligence.

[

think

You are talking to an actual lawyer.

THINK!

[

think

No, having them stick their finger up your ass is a search.......something I would think you would be familiar with. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back