Story of the Birth of Jesus Adds to the Validity of Who He Is

Christians believe that Joshua Ben Joseph was born to a virgin mother.
virgin birth is a quite commonly used plot device in mythology
Two thousand years before Christ, the virgin Egyptian queen Mut-em-ua gave birth to Pharaoh Amenkept III. Mut-em-ua had been told she was with child by the god Taht, and the god Kneph impregnated her by holding a cross, the symbol of life, to her mouth. Amenkept’s birth was celebrated by the gods and by three kings, who offered him gifts.

Ra, the Egyptian sun god, was supposedly born of a virgin, Net. Horus was the son of the virgin mother Isis. In Egypt, and in other places such as Assyria, Greece, Cyprus, and Carthage, a mythological virgin mother and her child was often a popular subject of art and sculpture.

Attis, a Phrygian-Greek vegetation god, was born of the virgin Nana. By one tradition, Dionysus, a Greek character half god and half human, was the son of Zeus, born to the virgin Persephone.

Persephone also supposedly birthed Jason, a character with no father, human or divine. Perseus was born to a mortal woman named Danae, and fathered by Zeus. Zeus also slept with a mortal woman (though daughter of a nymph) named Io, and they had a son and a daughter. He slept with the mortal Leda, who gave birth (hatched, actually) Helen of Troy and other offspring.

Even Plato in Greece was said by some to have been born to a virgin, Perictione, and fathered by the god Apollo, who gave warning to Ariston, Perictione’s husband-to-be.

Some followers of Buddha Gautama decided he was born to the virgin Maya by divine decree. Genghis Khan was supposedly born to a virgin seeded by a great miraculous light. The founder of the Chinese Empire, Fo-Hi, was born after a woman (not necessarily a virgin) ate a flower or red fruit. The river Ho (Korea) gave birth to a son when seeded by the sun. Krishna was born to the virgin Devaka. In Rome, Mercury was born to the virgin Maia, Romulus to the virgin Rhea Sylvia (see “An Old Story,” Chapman Cohen).

The Persian god Mithra was made the “Protector of the Empire” by the Romans in 307 AD, right before Christianity was declared the official religion. Some versions of Mithra’s story, predating Christianity, make him the son of a human virgin. His birth, on December 25, was seen by shepherds and Magi, who brought gifts to a cave, the place of his birth (see Godless, by former pastor Dan Barker).

All the Gods Born to Virgins on December 25 Before Jesus Christ | Weekend Collective
Dec 25 was a Pagen holiday dufus. 1/365 chance Jesus was born that day.
Luke’s account suggests that Jesus may have been born in summer or early fall when shepherds were in the fields with their flocks.
Most likely fall, after the harvest.
most likely never, mythical creatures like Jesus arent real....not now not then not ever

Thats just what they wanted you beleive in order to make the average christian weak, powerless and ineffectual against their governor lord king etc and more importantly to shame anyone for not being meek, and to justify their persecution
So the Rev Martin Luther King was weak, powerless and ineffectual?

You have to go to a modern university to be that stupid.
there's that loving christian attitude...
I did you a favor. Next time use your brain so you don't humiliate yourself again.
maybe if your religion wasn't so fucking stupid a child could see its made up nonsense, i would?

Santa claus is more believable

Can you shine a light on all this then?

What does your religion teach? Were all of our great, great, great... et al. grandparents once clams or mice? And before that a pile of dirt? And all "BY CHANCE" all these fantastic chemical reactions occurred and from rocks and water (we won't ask where the rocks and water came from) grew stomachs and mouths and eyeballs and ears and so on and so on?

By the way, "survival of the fittest" is so lame I cannot stand to think about it. But I really doubt "Mr. Chance" or should we call it "natural selection" was clever enough to one day say "today is good day to start growing a spleen, we've never had one of those before."

Are you following me, or am I just another babbling christian monkey?

maybe if your religion wasn't so fucking stupid a child could see its made up nonsense, i would?

2,000 years and He still has them screaming hysterically.
who mithra?
The caliber of people who go out of their way to only attack Christianity also adds to the validity of Jesus.
thats what crazy people say about their imaginary friends

who mithra?
The caliber of people who go out of their way to only attack Christianity also adds to the validity of Jesus.
Keep digging, it's fun watching you haters foam at the mouth.
so I'm player hatin on the savior? lol

Thats just what they wanted you beleive in order to make the average christian weak, powerless and ineffectual against their governor lord king etc and more importantly to shame anyone for not being meek, and to justify their persecution

I did you a favor. Next time use your brain so you don't humiliate yourself again.

What does your religion teach? Were all of our great, great, great... et al. grandparents once clams or mice? And before that a pile of dirt? And all "BY CHANCE" all these fantastic chemical reactions occurred and from rocks and water (we won't ask where the rocks and water came from) grew stomachs and mouths and eyeballs and ears and so on and so on?

By the way, "survival of the fittest" is so lame I cannot stand to think about it. But I really doubt "Mr. Chance" or should we call it "natural selection" was clever enough to one day say "today is good day to start growing a spleen, we've never had one of those before."

I am sure the infant Jesus had a spleen.

who mithra?
who mithra?
No, you're just validating Jesus is who he claimed to be.
Thanks.

I am sure the infant Jesus had a spleen.

Well if that was a joke I hope it got laughs.

But it is unrelated to my comments.

What does your religion teach?
I dont have one? Why do you feel you need one?

Were all of our great, great, great... et al. grandparents once clams or mice? And before that a pile of dirt? And all "BY CHANCE" all these fantastic chemical reactions occurred and from rocks and water (we won't ask where the rocks and water came from) grew stomachs and mouths and eyeballs and ears and so on and so on?

what am i a biologist? look it up yourself I have no more beleif that evolution is real than I do gravity is real and I'm not a physicist either

15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense

They only attack Christianity because it is the one true God. They hate the idea that people are to take care of our fellow man in need.

who mithra?
who mithra?
No, you're just validating Jesus is who he claimed to be.
Thanks.
so how do i not do that?

Luke’s account suggests that Jesus may have been born in summer or early fall when shepherds were in the fields with their flocks.

Yes. The day of Jesus's death was calculated many years before his birth. Tradition set his day of death as March 25...and said that this was also the day of his conception. When celebrating birthdays became more common, nine months after March 25 is...December 25.

Skeptics today want to say Christ's birth was set by the Winter solstice--which is how other sun gods calculated their births. Jesus' birth, on the other hand, was a later calculation based on his death, with the idea he was conceived the same day he died. However, in those days the "sixth month" by both Hebrew and Roman Calendars was August or September. This would have put John the Baptist's date of conception closer to the March 25 date, and Jesus' conception six months later. Using Luke's Gospel, the argument can be made Jesus was born in the late spring/early summer.

Anyway, interesting musings all the way around.

Were all of our great, great, great... et al. grandparents once clams or mice? And before that a pile of dirt? And all "BY CHANCE" all these fantastic chemical reactions occurred and from rocks and water (we won't ask where the rocks and water came from) grew stomachs and mouths and eyeballs and ears and so on and so on?

what am i a biologist? look it up yourself I have no more beleif that evolution is real than I do gravity is real and I'm not a physicist either

So you admit total ignorance on the entire subject of God and creation of life, etc., but yet you feel the need to attack those who have reasons for their beliefs?

Note: I am prepared to argue why I am certain God exists, Jesus is God, evolution without ID is a colossal joke, et al., but not with someone who has nothing to say except we are idiots.

They only attack Christianity because it is the one true God. They hate the idea that people are to take care of our fellow man in need.
Christians do not have a monopoly of being kind to others.

so if criticize jesus I validate him? but isnt the only other choice to believe in him? which would also validate him? Kind of a self fulfilling prophecy you got going there...

Does this work santa claus too? what about buddha?

Christians do not have a monopoly of being kind to others.
What's the downside of being a Christian?

So you admit total ignorance on the entire subject of God and creation of life, etc., but yet you feel the need to attack those who have reasons for their beliefs?

Note: I am prepared to argue why I am certain God exists, Jesus is God, evolution without ID is a colossal joke, et al., but not with someone who has nothing to say except we are idiots.
i dont need a biology degree to tell you Jesus, Krishna, or the flying spaghetti monster isn't real

i dont need a biology degree to tell you Jesus, Krishna, or the flying spaghetti monster isn't real

And I don't need another post from you to tell me what a sad fool you are. I wish I could be of more help, but I guess my insulting you will only make you more insular and defiant. (my apologies)

Forum List

Back