Strong religious beliefs linked to lower rates of drug abuse

Christianity helps curb drug use, study finds

I'll tell you I'm not surprised by this. People who don't have God in their lives have an empty hole where God is supposed to be. Without hope for a glorious life in heaven, non-believers try to dull the pain with drugs and alcohol.
You don't need mind altering drugs when you know God has shown you the meaning of life.

I'll tell you I'm not surprised by this. People who don't have God in their lives have an empty hole where God is supposed to be. Without hope for a glorious life in heaven, non-believers try to dull the pain with drugs and alcohol.
200.gif

"Strong religious beliefs linked to lower rates of drug abuse"

Confusion of correlation and causation linked to threads that fail as fallacies – this thread being one of many examples.

The actual study can’t be reviewed because the site is password protected.

And the Times is devoid of credibility, a rightist publication known to misrepresent and conceal information.

Bullshit. Gonna need more proof than some far-right rag.

Like actual study data, that isn't self-reported.

What stopped my drug abuse was my stopping my hangout with drug abusers. True story bitches.

Meth was my good friend. I loved that shit.

Goodbye and good riddance.

omg Mr H...you scare me :eek-52: :(

If I was stupid enough to believe in sky fairies I would hope I could at least find some good drugs to escape from my feelings of low esteem.

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... if she ever catches Uncle Ferd doin' drugs...

... she gonna whomp him upside the back o' his head...

... with her Bible."

This is probably one of religions positives. Keeps some people in line. But then some Christians go to the extreme and won't even medicate real pain.

Even with heaven awaiting don't you ever want a beer or joint? You're depriving yourself. And I know lots of beer drinking pot smoking christians

What stopped my drug abuse was my stopping my hangout with drug abusers. True story bitches.

Meth was my good friend. I loved that shit.

Goodbye and good riddance.
Do you ever watch orange is the new black? I love the former meth turned Christian character.

Or people with strong religious belief occasionally attempt to create holes in Belgian airports.

Theism can be a little scary.

The last I checked, I have had a full and happy life, without drugs or a deity.
Religion not only divides people, it has contributed to many of the wars over the millenniums.

The last I checked, I have had a full and happy life, without drugs or a deity.
Religion not only divides people, it has contributed to many of the wars over the millenniums.

I can see it being a stabilizing influence on otherwise unstable people. Religion provides simple rules with hard boundaries. Some folks thrive in that kind of environment.

Forum List

Back