ST's BP Rantings

It seems to me the AG may have violated some laws and infringed on BP's legal right to resolve differences by out of court settlements. What law did BP violate that justified the AG making a public announcement?

What alternative fuel source do you have to replace fossil fuels?

"Sources", not "source".

Solar, Wind, Nuclear, and Bloom Boxes. Electric Cars powered by charges from these sources sure would help.

Not buying Hummers and big-ass SUV's would also help.

How about the hundreds of thousands of gallons of jet fuel, thousands of man hours and multiple millions of dollars your asshole in chief has blown cruising around in Air Force One for all and any reason no matter how insignificant? Why does he remain in the 20th century? Why doesn't he join the rest of the world in the 21st and start utilizing technology in teleconferencing, why doesn't he stay in D.C. a little bit? I understand, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that beast of a wife either but..........

Ahh, but the technology has not been mass-produced yet for large mechanisms, now has it?

Which was the primary reason for making the effort to implement the technologies... Duh.

Do you think the President of the United States should be driving around in prototype vehicles with unknown possible Toyota-like problems?

But hey, let's dismiss the fact that we need to implement exactly what the left has been suggesting, and instead pretend that the vehicles the President has to use are some sort of example of of hypocrisy!

And hell, while we're at it, why don't we delay funding and production of alternative energy vehicles and devices for another couple of decades?

And you know what would solve this problem?

Alternative fuel sources, and environmental legislations

Now, who was it that has been promoting these?

Must have been Sarah Palin and the Tea Party...

...God, that Al Gore is such a "whack job", right?

Drill baby Drill, til you spill, baby spill!

Take the subway off a short pier dimwit.

ROFL. Must have hit a nerve.

We will not run out of oil. I've been hearing that same BS my entire life, in the 80's they said we'd run out of oil in 15 years. Well we didn't.

Oil is a nonrenewable resource. Every gallon of petroleum burned today is unavailable for use by future generations.

I'm as optimistic about oil reserves being able to economically satisfy demand as the next guy, but not enough to say they will NEVER be depleted, or reduced to economic insignificance.

The fact is, that as you mysteriously admit, oil and frankly, to some extent every energy source is non renewable, (2nd Law of Thermodynamics).

Well the fact of the matter is, once I burn a gallon of gas, it's gone there is no renewing it. That's not to say that the earth isn't replenishing it's vast supply of fossil fuels as time goes by.

Nothing gets past you does it cowgirl.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The second "thought" is just painfully stupid. No doubt that is one of yours...eh cowgirl?

What scum this limeys are. I guess they never got over the waxing they got at the Battle of New Orleans.
Alabama Attorney General Troy King said tonight that he has told representatives of BP Plc. that they should stop circulating settlement agreements among coastal Alabamians.

The agreements, King said, essentially require that people give up the right to sue in exchange for payment of up to $5,000.

BP told to stop circulating settlement agreements with coastal Alabamians | al.com

Don't forget the Dutch. They own it too. What a stupid wanker you are! :lol:

:lol: :clap2: :lol: :clap2: :lol: :clap2::lol:

I have a friend in the industry who's working over in the Gulf of Mexico. It was said the rig operators had a heated discussion about the cement where the drill pipe enters the sea floor. It appears that it failed thus negating any safety devices installed above it. That's why the minisubs COULDN'T CLOSE THE VALVE. It would appear that the cemented portion of the well cap failed and not only destroyed the blowout preventer but is allowing oil to leak out from below the now damaged cement.

So in other words - major fuckup on someone's part.

Yes. Accountability for this spill will be assigned to the responsible party.

I have a friend in the industry who's working over in the Gulf of Mexico. It was said the rig operators had a heated discussion about the cement where the drill pipe enters the sea floor. It appears that it failed thus negating any safety devices installed above it. That's why the minisubs COULDN'T CLOSE THE VALVE. It would appear that the cemented portion of the well cap failed and not only destroyed the blowout preventer but is allowing oil to leak out from below the now damaged cement.

So in other words - major fuckup on someone's part.

Yes. Accountability for this spill will be assigned to the responsible party.

Yeah, 20 years from now.

We will not run out of oil. I've been hearing that same BS my entire life, in the 80's they said we'd run out of oil in 15 years. Well we didn't.

Oil is a nonrenewable resource. Every gallon of petroleum burned today is unavailable for use by future generations.

I'm as optimistic about oil reserves being able to economically satisfy demand as the next guy, but not enough to say they will NEVER be depleted, or reduced to economic insignificance.

The fact is, that as you mysteriously admit, oil and frankly, to some extent every energy source is non renewable, (2nd Law of Thermodynamics).

I thought the second law addressed heat loss and entropy.

Increase in entropy also means a reduction in the amount of energy available to do work.

Increase in entropy also means a reduction in the amount of energy available to do work.

Thank you...I was addressing Samson's statement that "to some extent every energy source is non renewable". Since we know that matter and energy are the same thing, cannot be created or destroyed and finite there has to be a process to transform it into one form or another. Oil is renewable as long as there are processes in place that transform it from the form of matter/energy it was prior to it becoming oil. If this were not true oil as we know it today wouldn't exist. Therefore I submit that oil is a renewable resource. It's just a question of finding a process to create one form of matter/energy from another.

Last edited:
Yea, it's a devious and cunning plan by the Brits to destroy the USA. Grow the fuck up. It was an accident. Accidents happen. You're pathetic.

Yes. Accidents happen. And that's when the civil litigation system steps in. Offering a paltry $5000 check to people is insulting.

Good for the Alabama AG. That's what an AG should be doing. Protecting the citizens of his/her state from unscrupulous actors.

Yea, it's a devious and cunning plan by the Brits to destroy the USA. Grow the fuck up. It was an accident. Accidents happen. You're pathetic.

Yes. Accidents happen. And that's when the civil litigation system steps in. Offering a paltry $5000 check to people is insulting.

Good for the Alabama AG. That's what an AG should be doing. Protecting the citizens of his/her state from unscrupulous actors.

But they weren't offering a paltry $5000. They were offering a phone line to file complaints of $5000 or more.

Very evil of them.

What scum this limeys are. I guess they never got over the waxing they got at the Battle of New Orleans.
Alabama Attorney General Troy King said tonight that he has told representatives of BP Plc. that they should stop circulating settlement agreements among coastal Alabamians.

The agreements, King said, essentially require that people give up the right to sue in exchange for payment of up to $5,000.
BP told to stop circulating settlement agreements with coastal Alabamians | al.com

Don't forget the Dutch. They own it too. What a stupid wanker you are! :lol:

what do the dutch own?

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that this was a plan by the Brits to destroy the USA. It WAS an accident. No doubt. But their lack of foresight and willingness to forego relatively inexpensive safety measures in order to maximize THEIR bottom line made that accident infinitely worse. If this ends up destroying BP and they have to give every last dime of their corporate assets in order to fix this mess, so be it. I actually kind of hope this DOES ruin that company and sends a message to all the other oil companies to get their shit together. pronto.

This $500k valve that MAY or MAY NOT have prevented the ACCIDENT is, I assume, what you refer to. No one knows whether the damned valve would have stopped it, even the fucking experts didn't know.

Stop fucking whining about BP. Yea, I'm sorry for those who are losing their livelihoods and I have no doubt that they will be compensated... Just bear in mind the 29,000 that would be without their jobs if BP were not the company it is, also bear in mind the billions invested in the US by BP.
The hysteria about shit before you even have all the facts is kind of stupid.

I'm sorry sweetheart...You said BP invested? What was that multi billion exploration dollar tax giveaway a few years ago??? What you MEANT to say was money we without any vote on the matter gave BP...Right sugar britches? Cheneys personal little gift???

So you never commented on my question about you or yours owning BP stock.. Care to chime in on that point?

Well the fact of the matter is, once I burn a gallon of gas, it's gone there is no renewing it. That's not to say that the earth isn't replenishing it's vast supply of fossil fuels as time goes by.

Indeed. And what is oil but hydocarbons and not necessarily the remnants of Barney the dinosaur...There are a few stories out there about wells re-filling...Granted it's a debate topic to be sure...but the Earth generates it, and hasn't stopped.

:eusa_think:

If the U.S. had required something called an "acoustic switch" to be installed on the rig, which cost a paltry $500,000 (compared to BP's billions in annual profits and the millions they are spending daily to fix their mess)

Leaking Oil Well Lacked Safeguard Device - WSJ.com

The Congress has been overwhelmingly controlled by the democrats since 2007. The President has been a Democrat since Jan 2009. Those are the people responsible for creating legislation and safety laws for what you are talking about.

Go figure.

There is nothing Political about this tragedy. Either way, This is horrible. The impact that this is gonna have on Marine Life and peoples ability to put food on the table for their families is gonna be so vast. There is no excuse for this with technology today. BP says they will cover 100% of the cost? Yeah, By raising Gas prices. ~BH

Indeed. And what is oil but hydocarbons and not necessarily the remnants of Barney the dinosaur...There are a few stories out there about wells re-filling...Granted it's a debate topic to be sure...but the Earth generates it, and hasn't stopped.

:eusa_think:

Let's see... It took hundreds of millions of years of THE RIGHT KIND of water fosssils to die off and get burried by millions of years of errosion and volcanic ash and you nit wits are saying that those conditions have been going on for the last 100 years? Ya run with THAT!!

I love it when you fundimentalcases people try to think for yourselves. Its cute..like watching a baby take its first steps...You Einstiens should be taking home movies!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back