ST's BP Rantings

If the U.S. had required something called an "acoustic switch" to be installed on the rig, which cost a paltry $500,000 (compared to BP's billions in annual profits and the millions they are spending daily to fix their mess)

Leaking Oil Well Lacked Safeguard Device - WSJ.com

The Congress has been overwhelmingly controlled by the democrats since 2007. The President has been a Democrat since Jan 2009. Those are the people responsible for creating legislation and safety laws for what you are talking about.

Go figure.

Only one flaw with this. The American Democrat party doesn't exist any longer. Only on paper.

If the U.S. had required something called an "acoustic switch" to be installed on the rig, which cost a paltry $500,000 (compared to BP's billions in annual profits and the millions they are spending daily to fix their mess)

The Congress has been overwhelmingly controlled by the democrats since 2007. The President has been a Democrat since Jan 2009. Those are the people responsible for creating legislation and safety laws for what you are talking about.

Go figure.

What was he before that again? You need to slow down on the boozzz boss...serio:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:usly...

I thought the second law addressed heat loss and entropy.

Increase in entropy also means a reduction in the amount of energy available to do work.

Thank you...I was addressing Samson's statement that "to some extent every energy source is non renewable". Since we know that matter and energy are the same thing, cannot be created or destroyed and finite there has to be a process to transform it into one form or another. Oil is renewable as long as there are processes in place that transform it from the form of matter/energy it was prior to it becoming oil. If this were not true oil as we know it today wouldn't exist. Therefore I submit that oil is a renewable resource. It's just a question of finding a process to create one form of matter/energy from another.

Sweet. So... all we have to do is re-combine all the complex hydrocarbons in the atmosphere and make it rain oil?

Easy, no problem.

Go figure.

What was he before that again? You need to slow down on the boozzz boss...serio:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:usly...

Retard alert. Congress not the President create legislation. Legislation to protect and verify safety on Oil Rigs. The Democrats have had almost 4 YEARS to do something. You retards trying to blame a Republican is HILARIOUS.

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that this was a plan by the Brits to destroy the USA. It WAS an accident. No doubt. But their lack of foresight and willingness to forego relatively inexpensive safety measures in order to maximize THEIR bottom line made that accident infinitely worse. If this ends up destroying BP and they have to give every last dime of their corporate assets in order to fix this mess, so be it. I actually kind of hope this DOES ruin that company and sends a message to all the other oil companies to get their shit together. pronto.

This $500k valve that MAY or MAY NOT have prevented the ACCIDENT is, I assume, what you refer to. No one knows whether the damned valve would have stopped it, even the fucking experts didn't know.

Stop fucking whining about BP. Yea, I'm sorry for those who are losing their livelihoods and I have no doubt that they will be compensated... Just bear in mind the 29,000 that would be without their jobs if BP were not the company it is, also bear in mind the billions invested in the US by BP.
The hysteria about shit before you even have all the facts is kind of stupid.

I'm sorry sweetheart...You said BP invested? What was that multi billion exploration dollar tax giveaway a few years ago??? What you MEANT to say was money we without any vote on the matter gave BP...Right sugar britches? Cheneys personal little gift???

So you never commented on my question about you or yours owning BP stock.. Care to chime in on that point?

Huggy, you should know that Cali Twat is only interested in what is good for her and the greedy fuckers like her. She's a GOP whore for money and has sold her soul for cash.

She doesn't give a shit about anyone or anything else that doesn't occupy that narrow fucking sliver of a view that is her and her ilk.

5000 bucks for compensation? Right...........considering that fishermen make significantly more than that in just a month, combined with the fact that it is projected to NOT BE FIXED until 3 months from now.

Combine that with the tourist dollars (recreational fishing ALONE provides over 3,000 jobs to the community), as well as the other crap that the communities are going to have to do to survive is significantly more than 5000 bucks.

Shit.......that's like someone burning down my house and then saying "oops, my bad, here's a few grand to cover the costs".

Nope. Not cool.

And NOBODY has been able to give me a good reason why they didn't install the sonic shutoff valves.

Oh..........wait............it was because the requirements to have that in the Gulf of Mexico were taken away by Bush Jr. and Cheney.

You know....Halliburton is a part of this mess, and I hope their stock drops from 30.whatever all the way down to 1.03.

I want to see all these fuckers go broke.

Increase in entropy also means a reduction in the amount of energy available to do work.

Thank you...I was addressing Samson's statement that "to some extent every energy source is non renewable". Since we know that matter and energy are the same thing, cannot be created or destroyed and finite there has to be a process to transform it into one form or another. Oil is renewable as long as there are processes in place that transform it from the form of matter/energy it was prior to it becoming oil. If this were not true oil as we know it today wouldn't exist. Therefore I submit that oil is a renewable resource. It's just a question of finding a process to create one form of matter/energy from another.

Sweet. So... all we have to do is re-combine all the complex hydrocarbons in the atmosphere and make it rain oil?

Easy, no problem.

Going through life fat and stupid is no way to live dipstick.....why don't you just shut your piehole until you have something useful to contribute.

I thought the second law addressed heat loss and entropy.

A renewable resource must be able to be created faster or as fast as it is used. This is not the case with oil.

And its not about how much energy is available -its about how much useful energy is available.

Go figure.

We actually have a system whereby the minority can often get some of what it wants because they are able to hold up the majority's other legislation.

Retard alert. Congress not the President create legislation.[

I don't think you understand how a bill becomes a law. The President is an integral part of the process by which legislation is created - he can actually change the number of votes required to pass a bill from 1/2 to 2/3 at will. This power gives the President much influence over the Congress, to the point that many Presidents will have proposed legislation as part of their campaign platform and then work closely with Congress to get that legislation passed.

For instance, the Republicans could have stopped any Democratic legislation they pleased in 2007 and 2008 with a veto from President Bush. That's hardly controlling Congress.

Last edited:

Easy, no problem.

Going through life fat and stupid is no way to live dipstick.....why don't you just shut your piehole until you have something useful to contribute.

That post says more about you than it does about LWC...

A renewable resource must be able to be created faster or as fast as it is used. This is not the case with oil.

And its not about how much energy is available -its about how much useful energy is available.

The process to meet your criteria for "renewable energy" with regards to oil has already been found...ever hear of synthetic oils or bio diesel?

Can you show examples of where regulations prevented much of anything?

You can't seriously be this stupid. Do you not wear a seatbelt when driving a car ? They save lives every day .

I was going to post the same thing in response to that, but it seemed so painfully obvious I couldn't bear to bother.

Anti-regulation idealogues are simply, and purely, and irretrievably irrational. They are the Jehovah's Witnesses of capitalism.:lol::lol:

The process to meet your criteria for "renewable energy" with regards to oil has already been found...ever hear of synthetic oils or bio diesel?

Not all synthetic oils can be made absent any of the chemicals that we get from petro.

"Sources", not "source".

Solar, Wind, Nuclear, and Bloom Boxes. Electric Cars powered by charges from these sources sure would help.

Not buying Hummers and big-ass SUV's would also help.

How about the hundreds of thousands of gallons of jet fuel, thousands of man hours and multiple millions of dollars your asshole in chief has blown cruising around in Air Force One for all and any reason no matter how insignificant? Why does he remain in the 20th century? Why doesn't he join the rest of the world in the 21st and start utilizing technology in teleconferencing, why doesn't he stay in D.C. a little bit? I understand, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that beast of a wife either but..........

How would you suggest the President of the United States get around?

He should keep his expensive faggot ass at home in that big fucking White House, he doesn't need to be wasting my tax dollars flying himself and his "posse" of other imbeciles to Copenhagen for a failed attempt to get the Summer Olympics for Shitago. His fat assed wife and fatter assed Oprah already wasted our tax dollars taking a 757 there, why did he feel a need to waste what was probably at least a hundred thousand gallons of jet fuel....... they were already blowing 30-50 thousand with their entourage of jets. Barry jumps in that 747 at the smell of a campaign speech, if he wants us to conserve fuel, why is he blowing so much doing trivial things like he does and why aren't you hypocritical dimwits calling this elitist dickhead on it?

He should keep his expensive faggot ass at home in that big fucking White House, he doesn't need to be wasting my tax dollars flying himself and his "posse" of other imbeciles to Copenhagen for a failed attempt to get the Summer Olympics for Shitago.

Its not really your decision to make. He got elected President, not you.

Yea, it's a devious and cunning plan by the Brits to destroy the USA. Grow the fuck up. It was an accident. Accidents happen. You're pathetic.

Yes. Accidents happen. And that's when the civil litigation system steps in. Offering a paltry $5000 check to people is insulting.

Good for the Alabama AG. That's what an AG should be doing. Protecting the citizens of his/her state from unscrupulous actors.

But they weren't offering a paltry $5000. They were offering a phone line to file complaints of $5000 or more.

Very evil of them.

Oops. Another example of why people shouldn't post without using the internet.

"King reportedly said the agreements stipulate that residents will give up their right to sue the company in exchange for a payment of up to $5,000."
Http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20003978-503544.html

He should keep his expensive faggot ass at home in that big fucking White House, he doesn't need to be wasting my tax dollars flying himself and his "posse" of other imbeciles to Copenhagen for a failed attempt to get the Summer Olympics for Shitago.

Its not really your decision to make. He got elected President, not you.

You actually neg repped me for that? You have your nose so far up Barry's fag ass that you can't see what a hypocritical asswipe he is. Why is it OK for him to waste jet fuel on trivial trips and then turn around, lecture us and demand we drive golf carts? What an absolute clown you are.

By the way, he bought the Presidency with special interest money, that Kenyan sock puppet is doing his job perfectly for his boss Soros, Georgy has made over 3 billion off of the recession the dimocrats in Congress started and Obama has kept going.

Last edited:
I don't think that anyone is suggesting that this was a plan by the Brits to destroy the USA. It WAS an accident. No doubt. But their lack of foresight and willingness to forego relatively inexpensive safety measures in order to maximize THEIR bottom line made that accident infinitely worse. If this ends up destroying BP and they have to give every last dime of their corporate assets in order to fix this mess, so be it. I actually kind of hope this DOES ruin that company and sends a message to all the other oil companies to get their shit together. pronto.

This $500k valve that MAY or MAY NOT have prevented the ACCIDENT is, I assume, what you refer to. No one knows whether the damned valve would have stopped it, even the fucking experts didn't know.

Stop fucking whining about BP. Yea, I'm sorry for those who are losing their livelihoods and I have no doubt that they will be compensated... Just bear in mind the 29,000 that would be without their jobs if BP were not the company it is, also bear in mind the billions invested in the US by BP.
The hysteria about shit before you even have all the facts is kind of stupid.

I'm sorry sweetheart...You said BP invested? What was that multi billion exploration dollar tax giveaway a few years ago??? What you MEANT to say was money we without any vote on the matter gave BP...Right sugar britches? Cheneys personal little gift???

So you never commented on my question about you or yours owning BP stock.. Care to chime in on that point?

Huggy, I don't have you on ignore but you should know better than to try and ask me to expand on my views in any adult discussion. I do not debate with you, or your gay friends. I don't know why you waste your time bothering with me..... I don't waste mine on you. Got that?

For those who appear incapable of basic research:

Investing in American Energy
Since 2004, BP has invested over $35 billion in the United States to increase existing energy sources, extend energy supplies and develop new low-carbon technologies. BP employs more than 29,000 people in the US, has $48 billion in fixed assets, and sells more than15 billion gallons of gasoline every year.

BP’s solar business has been in operation for over 30 years and last year had sales of 162 megawatts (MW) globally. This represents an increase of 29 percent over 2007 and while economic conditions have slowed growth recently, BP Solar is well-positioned to grow sales as global economic conditions improve.
BP Wind Energy is one of the leading wind developers in the U.S., with interests in six operating wind farms and has two wind farms in construction. Our portfolio includes the opportunity to develop almost 100 projects with a potential total generating capacity of 20,000 megawatts (MW). We have over 1,000 MW in commercial operation and more than 1,000 MW in an advanced stage of development.

BP is one of the largest blenders and marketers of biofuels in the nation. We are underwriting cutting-edge research — investing more than $500 million over the next 10 years — in the search for a new generation of biofuels that contain more energy, have less impact on the environment, and will not reduce the supply or increase the cost of food.

BP in the United States | BP Worldwide | BP

Forum List

Back