ST's BP Rantings

Yep.. you did.. because real seafood connoisseurs steam their crabs, shrimp, etc... not boil them

And you can keep your crawfish

;) :D

Aren't you from frigging Arkansas?

Nope... Born and raised in Baltimore.. where seafood is good... and not boiled

And as for the crawfish.. I don't care if they're steamed, boiled, or put into a mochachino, they're still shitty

I doubt you've had any that were cooked right.

And as for the crawfish.. I don't care if they're steamed, boiled, or put into a mochachino, they're still shitty

Ah. I don't know why I thought you were from the lesser state that is between Louisiana and Missouri.

I submit that you've just never had good crawfish. Kind of like I think yankee clam bakes are pretentious affairs where the women are bored and the men are off drilling each other in the high grass.

A good crawfish recipe is like a good carp recipe.... it don't quite exist... I'll stick to the blue crab any day of the week

And one thing we can agree on is the ones in NE have no clue what to do with seafood...

Yep.. you did.. because real seafood connoisseurs steam their crabs, shrimp, etc... not boil them

And you can keep your crawfish

;) :D

Aren't you from frigging Arkansas?

Hey where is Baltimore on this list:

20 Best Food Cities | Food & Wine
Antoine's may be one of the oldest restaurants on the continent, but New Orleans isn't living in the past: its New Creole establishments are at the forefront of American dining. Emeril Lagasse (of Emeril's, Nolaand the new Delmonico) is the most visible face, but the chefs at Bayona, Peristyle, Gautreau's and Brigtsen's are all top-notch. Don't overlook traditional cooking--Jacques-Imo's works hoodoo on fried chicken--or the French-Vietnamese cuisine at Lemon Grass Café. If the spirit of Paul Prudhomme is strong within you, take a Creole cooking class at Spice Inc. Afterward, head out to Metairie for Red Velvet Cake from Anna Banana or relax with a mint julep on the veranda at the Columns Hotel.
?

Ah. I don't know why I thought you were from the lesser state that is between Louisiana and Missouri.

I submit that you've just never had good crawfish. Kind of like I think yankee clam bakes are pretentious affairs where the women are bored and the men are off drilling each other in the high grass.

A good crawfish recipe is like a good carp recipe.... it don't quite exist... I'll stick to the blue crab any day of the week

And one thing we can agree on is the ones in NE have no clue what to do with seafood...

Hey, I appreciate Maryland Crabs (the edible ones), so you won't hear me talking shit. I appreciate most seafood.

You come down to New Orleans when I am down there and we'll go sit on the levee and drink beer and eat crawfish until you realize how good they are.

You've heard the saying "drink until she's pretty" right?

There is some truth to not knowing how good crawfish are if you haven't had good ones. It's hard to get good crawfish, even in LA. Bad crawfish are terrible. Good crawfish are great.

Now you're just bullshitting. You don't even know what you're talking about. I'm betting you've never had crawfish that wasn't cooked by idiot Yanks or Korean immigrants who had no clue what they were doing.

Antoine's may be one of the oldest restaurants on the continent, but New Orleans isn't living in the past: its New Creole establishments are at the forefront of American dining. Emeril Lagasse (of Emeril's, Nolaand the new Delmonico) is the most visible face, but the chefs at Bayona, Peristyle, Gautreau's and Brigtsen's are all top-notch. Don't overlook traditional cooking--Jacques-Imo's works hoodoo on fried chicken--or the French-Vietnamese cuisine at Lemon Grass Café. If the spirit of Paul Prudhomme is strong within you, take a Creole cooking class at Spice Inc. Afterward, head out to Metairie for Red Velvet Cake from Anna Banana or relax with a mint julep on the veranda at the Columns Hotel.
?

I've never had good food at Antoine's. Brigtsen's is amazing. Too bad most tourists don't know about it. Same with Jacque-Imos. What I like about Jacque-Imos is that the dishes get progressively more interesting as the night wear on and Jacque gets progressively more soused. My wife and I were big fans of Commander's Palace, which didn't get mentioned up here (but Emeril's did? WTF?).

Columns is the only place to be on a Friday afternoon IMO.

?

I've never had good food at Antoine's. Brigtsen's is amazing. Too bad most tourists don't know about it. Same with Jacque-Imos. What I like about Jacque-Imos is that the dishes get progressively more interesting as the night wear on and Jacque gets progressively more soused. My wife and I were big fans of Commander's Palace, which didn't get mentioned up here (but Emeril's did? WTF?).

Yeah - I think the reviewers didn't know what they were talking about. Who the fuck eats at Emerils but tourists?

Yeah - I think the reviewers didn't know what they were talking about. Who the fuck eats at Emerils but tourists?

Not me. Ever. I am impressed that Brigtsen's made the list though. Great, great food.

Guess we'll have to get used to this for a while, since the idiot morons fuckheads whose responsibility it is can't stop it. Hope we don't all die.

BTW, everyone who uses petro products, the state of Louisiana would like to say,

YOUR WELCOME

You're. You are welcome. Not your welcome as in this is your welcome. If you people down there in NO were actually educated maybe you wouldn't have to rely on fishing and oil for income revenue generation.

Last edited:

Now you're just bullshitting. You don't even know what you're talking about. I'm betting you've never had crawfish that wasn't cooked by idiot Yanks or Korean immigrants who had no clue what they were doing.

Uhhh.. yeah :rolleyes:

I can assure you I have had it in many places, done by many families, and done in many ways... still don't like the little mudbugs like I do other crustaceans or shellfish

But no use talking to the likes of you on any subject, I can see... don't matter what subject it is, you're either ignorant, an asshole, or both

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Guess we'll have to get used to this for a while, since the idiot morons fuckheads whose responsibility it is can't stop it. Hope we don't all die.

BTW, everyone who uses petro products, the state of Louisiana would like to say,

YOUR WELCOME

You're. You are welcome. Not your welcome as in this is your welcome. If you people down there in NO were actually educated maybe you wouldn't have to rely on fishing and oil for income revenue generation.

Yeah, excuse us for ACTUALLY PRODUCING THINGS THAT PEOPLE NEED instead of just pushing a bunch of electronic paper around like you Yanks.

Uhhh.. yeah :rolleyes:

I can assure you I have had it in many places, done by many families, and done in many ways... still don't like the little mudbugs like I do other crustaceans or shellfish

But no use talking to the likes of you on any subject, I can see... don't matter what subject it is, you're either ignorant, an asshole, or both

THen I guess we have to chalk it up to your bad taste.

people should check the dead zones on google earth. fuck you northerners

Why not deal with the problem instead of simply blaming people and doing nothing?

remove your dams

Why Dams & Water Resources:

Dams and water resources are important because they provide water for drinking, irrigation, recreational opportunities, hydroelectric power, river navigation, flood control, and many other needs. It is important for people to have access to accurate information quickly. That's what this website is for.

Water Availability:

70% of the earth is covered in water. 97.5% of that is saltwater, with only 2.5% of it freshwater (useable water). Reservoirs formed by dams trap the freshwater and store it. Then when the water is needed it can be released by the dam from the reservoir and used.
USSD:

The United States Society on Dams (USSD) is a national organization that works on dam engineering, construction, operation, and safety while protecting the environment. One of the goals of USSD is to provide a better understanding of dams and how important they are to everyone.

USSD - United States Society on Dams

YOUR WELCOME

Hurry up and file a frivolous lawsuit so we can laugh at your dumb ass when it gets thrown out of court.

YOUR WELCOME

Yeah, excuse us for ACTUALLY PRODUCING THINGS THAT PEOPLE NEED instead of just pushing a bunch of electronic paper around like you Yanks.

You don't produce a fucking thing!!!! You sit in a little room all day and make up bullshit threads to post on a message board...on someone else's dime....you're a typical uneducated dolt who thinks the government is the answer to everything.

You don't produce a fucking thing!!!! You sit in a little room all day and make up bullshit threads to post on a message board...on someone else's dime....you're a typical uneducated dolt who thinks the government is the answer to everything.

Its quite a big room, actually. 12 foot ceilings. Shotgun style house.

Forum List

Back