ST's BP Rantings

Cajun food is much overrated. Some good things come outta there, but they take pride on burning and over-spicing with hot peppers what the rest of the world calls inedible and calling it a delicacy.

Cajun food is about as authentic New Orleans as the Philly Cheese Steak. If you want good cajun food (and I doubt you've ever actually had any) go to Lafayette or Whiskey Bay. If you are in New Orleans and want good cajun food, go to Frankie And Johnnies or get a pound of crawfish, some beer, and sit on the levee.

If you have been to NOLA and had Cajun food, you no doubt ate it at some frigging tourist trap where they do burn and over-spice everything.

Like I said, you just don't know the difference.
The best local cuisine I had when I was in N'awlins was on a dinner cruise on the Cajun Queen. I never had catfish in some sort of a risotto hat was fantastic and I hate catfish and very tasty etoufee. But the two foods I do love from down there is a good Mufflutta sandwich from Central Market and Begnietes. And yes I know I can't spell either.

Cajun food is much overrated. Some good things come outta there, but they take pride on burning and over-spicing with hot peppers what the rest of the world calls inedible and calling it a delicacy.

Cajun food is about as authentic New Orleans as the Philly Cheese Steak. If you want good cajun food (and I doubt you've ever actually had any) go to Lafayette or Whiskey Bay. If you are in New Orleans and want good cajun food, go to Frankie And Johnnies or get a pound of crawfish, some beer, and sit on the levee.

If you have been to NOLA and had Cajun food, you no doubt ate it at some frigging tourist trap where they do burn and over-spice everything.

Like I said, you just don't know the difference.
The best local cuisine I had when I was in N'awlins was on a dinner cruise on the Cajun Queen. I never had catfish in some sort of a risotto hat was fantastic and I hate catfish and very tasty etoufee. But the two foods I do love from down there is a good Mufflutta sandwich from Central Market and Begnietes. And yes I know I can't spell either.

I believe you mean Central Grocery, which is close to the French Market.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: What are you gonna do if I don't spidie, neg me again? :lol::lol:
Do what I do then. Neg rep back, and keep neg repping till they get the friggen point. But Spuddytuber has actually been one of the few people I've negged first because of incredibly bad behavior.

I'm honored.
Don't worry. that puts you on par with Dante. Not a list I'd be happy to be on.

My bad, Central Grocery then. It's been many a year.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
For the record, crude oil does not in itself exhude a stench, but an aroma.

Much like the aroma of hog or cow shit which, to farmers, smells like mortgage payments, college tuition, groceries, car payments, utility payments, and the like.

:disbelief: Oh look ANOTHER gulf spill thread by the resident crybaby.... Big shock...No really....:spam:

Much like the aroma of hog or cow shit which, to farmers, smells like mortgage payments, college tuition, groceries, car payments, utility payments, and the like.

I had no idea that pig farmers occasionally leaked pig shit all over our shores and fisheries.

You know it. First they build inadequate levees, then they build in the lowest areas, aka "flood plain", then they don't evacuate when ordered to, then they blame Bush instead of the losers who setup the disaster.

Now they imagine they smell the Gulf oil. NEWS FLASH: The Gulf always smelled like that, I wouldn't swim in it if you paid me. Sounds like they're setting up the next government handout.

your first paragraph - the levees were created by the army corp of engineers under the direction of reagan, once again he was a failure

second paragraph - you think the gulf always smelled like oil?? have you ever been to pensacola or orange beach? you are really fucking dumb

Back when they were created, they were adequate. Problem is New Orleans is SINKING, and sinking FAST. So if you live there, and you still don't know this, you're one dumb mother fucker.

Fuck New Orleans. It's a lost cause anyway.
So is the rest of the Mpyre.

I had no idea that pig farmers occasionally leaked pig shit all over our shores and fisheries.

I imagine some makes its way to the Gulf in one form or another.

On another unrelated note- Chicago frequently closes their beaches due to human fecal choliforms in the lake water. And to think Hizzoner Daley was one of the main squawkers when an Indiana refinery applied for a discharge permit.

Don't get me wrong I'd much rather breathe fresh air. I think the Gulf spill is a disaster of global proportion.

people should check the dead zones on google earth. fuck you northerners

Don't let the idiots turn you into an idiot, Blu.

Most people understand what a tragic event is unfolding down there in LA.

We also understand that your problems are OUR problem.

EXACTLY as the good people of LA understands it when we in the North have disasters.

Folks this is the UNITED states of America.

We're in this mess TOGETHER.

There has been some truly hateful, despicable behavior in this thread.

1. they myth of a majority of new orleans being lazy, handout lovers is fucking retarded and rednecky.

2. the idea that new orleans isn't worth saving is fucking retarded and rednecky.

3. the comment that new orleans can't be saved is fucking retarded and rednecky AND not true.

We're here to support you NOLA. We love you and care about your survival.

P.S. Anyone watching Treme on HBO? Love that show.

people should check the dead zones on google earth. fuck you northerners

Don't let the idiots turn you into an idiot, Blu.

Most people understand what a tragic event is unfolding down there in LA.

We also understand that your problems are OUR problem.

EXACTLY as the good people of LA understands it when we in the North have disasters.

Folks this is the UNITED states of America.

We're in this mess TOGETHER.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

There has been some truly hateful, despicable behavior in this thread.

1. they myth of a majority of new orleans being lazy, handout lovers is fucking retarded and rednecky.

2. the idea that new orleans isn't worth saving is fucking retarded and rednecky.

3. the comment that new orleans can't be saved is fucking retarded and rednecky AND not true.

We're here to support you NOLA. We love you and care about your survival.

P.S. Anyone watching Treme on HBO? Love that show.

HBO's 'Treme' 'tis a great show. Very real and accurate. Hits home. My wife and I were at that first Mardi Gras after the storm (we didn't live here at the time), I'm guessing the season will end with Mardi Gras - can't wait! Its like Mardi Gras in July!

Anyone who hasn't seen it and wants to see what life was like here after the storm, you should watch it. The only thing that looks inaccurate is the flooded out houses don't have nearly enough slime, sludge, and crap strewn about in them - but its probable not possible to replicate what the Katrina flood did to people homes without another Katrina flood.

Oh, yeah, and I'm told Hubig's was up 6 months after the storm, but here in the show, 3 months after, they have hubig's. Whoopteedo, huge inaccuracy LOL.

Did you notice that John Goodman was reading "Rising Tide" in one of the scenes? Its the book written by the real person that Goodman's character is very loosely based on.

We watched it last time at Buffa's bar and restaurant - first time we watched it outside the house - it was so packed, everyone was quiet and had their eyes glued to the TV, it was something else. We tried to watch it at Earnie KDoe's Mother-In-Law Lounge, (the lounge where Goodman and the committee for Krewe De Vieux are planning the parade, and the maniquin of Earnie K Doe abstains from the vote), but it was closed for some reason.

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed that as well. I grew up with relatives who lived in Mandeville and the Eastbank...then moved there in 1997 to go to Loyola Law school and stayed there for 4 years. Met my wife in NOLA while she was going to Tulane architecture school. Her diamond engagement ring was bought in the French Quarter at Dixon & Dixon on Royal :)

Soooooooooo much will be lost if NOLA isn't cared for. It saddens my heart.

Forum List

Back