ST's BP Rantings

But I thought Obama made the final call?

Apparently he did. All government workers do in fact work for Obama. Looks like the U.S. government is going to be on the hook for the cost of clean up along with BP.

Now start at least ten dumb ass threads about how government engineers are all fucked up why don't you.

So Eric Neal called up Obama and said "Mr. President, do I have your permission to pass this rig" ? LOL!!! Yeah right.

Why should the government be on the hook for the clean up? If I get mugged and have my wallet stolen, does that mean the police department owes me money for not stopping it?

I'm now thoroughly convinced that YOU are a liar. There's no fucking way you could be a Doctoral candidate and be so stupid as to make comments like that...no way!!!!

The power given to that man to make THE FINAL APPROVAL TO DRILL decision was delegated to him through his chain of command. The government is NOW on the hook for clean up and costs along with BP.

Why? Its BP's operation. Are companies abdicated from responsibility for their own operations simply because they have government inspectors looking over their backs sometimes? I think not. The point of government inspectors isn't to do your job for you, its to catch if you you're not doing your job. The fact they failed to catch you fucking up doesn't mean you are no longer responsible for the fuck up, that's pure stupidity that only someone like you would come up with. The safety of a rig is the ultimate responsibility of the companies involved with the rig, not the government.

Just for fun, answer me this..... Which President signed off the final agreement for the drilling. His actual signature. And.... when.

Lets see it. It will abdicate BP, Transocean, and Halburton, from all responsibility for their actions, its very important and relevant.

Nope, I'm not gonna spoon feed you. You go find the answer for yourself.

It may not abdicate their responsibility, but it will mitigate it. If we are gonna play the 'blame' game, let's play it fairly.

The point of government inpectors is to make sure YOU follow the correct procedures and regulations you twit

And one of the points of the police is to keep my wallet from being stolen and to get it back or at least find the guy who did it if it is stolen. So if I get my wallet stolen and the cops fail to catch the perpetrator, the government owes me money, right?

....but when the government inspector ADMITS HE DIDN'T DO HIS FUCKING JOB THEN HE AND THE GOVERNMENT ARE LIABLE!!!! Get that concept through your thick fucking skull.

Its ultimately BP and its contractors' responsibility to ensure the safety of that rig, if you don't understand that then I'm sorry.

All you have are strawman arguments.

Apparently he did. All government workers do in fact work for Obama. Looks like the U.S. government is going to be on the hook for the cost of clean up along with BP.

Now start at least ten dumb ass threads about how government engineers are all fucked up why don't you.

So Eric Neal called up Obama and said "Mr. President, do I have your permission to pass this rig" ? LOL!!! Yeah right.

Why should the government be on the hook for the clean up? If I get mugged and have my wallet stolen, does that mean the police department owes me money for not stopping it?

I'm now thoroughly convinced that YOU are a liar. There's no fucking way you could be a Doctoral candidate and be so stupid as to make comments like that...no way!!!!

The power given to that man to make THE FINAL APPROVAL TO DRILL decision was delegated to him through his chain of command. The government is NOW on the hook for clean up and costs along with BP.

Its funny how none of the zillions of lawyers swarming around the spill have realized yet that they should be suing the government. I guess you know more about law than they do.

The point of government inpectors is to make sure YOU follow the correct procedures and regulations you twit

And one of the points of the police is to keep my wallet from being stolen and to get it back or at least find the guy who did it if it is stolen. So if I get my wallet stolen and the cops fail to catch the perpetrator, the government owes me money, right?

....but when the government inspector ADMITS HE DIDN'T DO HIS FUCKING JOB THEN HE AND THE GOVERNMENT ARE LIABLE!!!! Get that concept through your thick fucking skull.

Its ultimately BP and its contractors' responsibility to ensure the safety of that rig, if you don't understand that then I'm sorry.

All the time oil companies are forced to clean up old rig sites on land - even if those rig sites were built and operated back in the day when there was no regulation and no inspectors. Why? Because a corporation is responsible for the damage it does to the environment, period. But I know you don't believe in corporate responsibility - responsibility is for the little people.

Ya...that's why there's a "Superfund" for toxic waste clean up that uses your tax dollars to clean up sites.....and can you be so stupid as to give the government engineer who GAVE FINAL APPROVAL TO DRILL a pass for NOT looking at the safety records of the rig?

Its funny how none of the zillions of lawyers swarming around the spill have realized yet that they should be suing the government. I guess you know more about law than they do.

It will happen...watch and see.

Ya...that's why there's a "Superfund" for toxic waste clean up that uses your tax dollars to clean up sites.....and can you be so stupid as to give the government engineer who GAVE FINAL APPROVAL TO DRILL a pass for NOT looking at the safety records of the rig?

That's hilarious. You're giving a pass to the companies that owned and operated the rig. Hypocrite.

Go ahead and link me to the lawsuit against the government.

If it hasn't by now I would doubt it will. THe lawyers were filing suits on this one before a drop of oil touched the coast. There's also the thing called the "law"

Four classes of parties, termed "potential responsible parties," may be liable for contamination at a Superfund site:

* the current owner or operator of the site;[5]
* the owner or operator of a site at the time that disposal of a hazardous substance, pollutant or contaminant occurred;[6]
* a person who arranged for the disposal of a hazardous substance, pollutant or contaminant at a site;[7] and
* a person who transported a hazardous substance, pollutant or contaminant to a site; that transporter must have also selected that site for the disposal of the hazardous substances, pollutants or contaminants.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfund#Provisions

Hey where does it say anything about the government?

Last edited:
SpidermanTubby...your an ass.....you start one thread about how we need to regulate the shit out of corporations and then when the government inspectors FAIL TO INSPECT or do their jobs to ENFORCE THOSE REGULATIONS you just ignore that.....what's the point of more regulations if they aren't going to be enforced by the government.

YOU and people like you are what's wrong with this country. You flap your gums before engaging your brains....not a trait attributable to a doctoral candidate.

But I thought Obama made the final call?

Let's hold our own government to the same standards that we hold BP.

If BP as a corporation are guilty because some of their staff fucked up. Then the US government is responsible for a US Government employed engineer signing it off. Oops.

Why? Its BP's operation. Are companies abdicated from responsibility for their own operations simply because they have government inspectors looking over their backs sometimes? I think not. The point of government inspectors isn't to do your job for you, its to catch if you you're not doing your job. The fact they failed to catch you fucking up doesn't mean you are no longer responsible for the fuck up, that's pure stupidity that only someone like you would come up with. The safety of a rig is the ultimate responsibility of the companies involved with the rig, not the government.

Its analogous to blaming the police because someone broke into your house.

Are Mayors of cities not responsible for their own cities even though the Federal Govt might look over their shoulder sometimes?

Shouldn't mayors incorporate their own evacuation procedures instead of blaming a President?

Shut your mouth you childish little leech. Your act is getting old. I pray you never reproduced.

If it hasn't by now I would doubt it will. THe lawyers were filing suits on this one before a drop of oil touched the coast. There's also the thing called the "law"

Four classes of parties, termed "potential responsible parties," may be liable for contamination at a Superfund site:

* the current owner or operator of the site;[5]
* the owner or operator of a site at the time that disposal of a hazardous substance, pollutant or contaminant occurred;[6]
* a person who arranged for the disposal of a hazardous substance, pollutant or contaminant at a site;[7] and
* a person who transported a hazardous substance, pollutant or contaminant to a site; that transporter must have also selected that site for the disposal of the hazardous substances, pollutants or contaminants.[8]

Superfund - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Right in your link you dumb fuck!!!!!
The last full fiscal year in which the Department of the Treasury collected the tax was FY1995. At the end of FY1996, the invested trust fund balance was $6.0 billion. This fund was exhausted by the end of FY2003; since that time funding for these orphan shares has been appropriated by Congress out of general revenues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfund

Last edited:
Let's hold our own government to the same standards that we hold BP.

If BP as a corporation are guilty because some of their staff fucked up. Then the US government is responsible for a US Government employed engineer signing it off. Oops.

Are Mayors of cities not responsible for their own cities even though the Federal Govt might look over their shoulder sometimes?

Shouldn't mayors incorporate their own evacuation procedures instead of blaming a President?

Shut your mouth you childish little leech. Your act is getting old. I pray you never reproduced.

No one blamed Bush for the failure of many New Orleanians to evacuate. No one blamed him for causing a hurricane (except tin foil hat people maybe). He was blamed for his almost non-existent response in first several days after the storm.

But that would be a fact - and facts are something that don't jive with you.

YOU and people like you are what's wrong with this country

I can tell I've struck a nerve. You're now resorting to the tactics of Glenn Beck.

Sorry you don't like holding corporations responsible for their actions.

Go back and read my posts...I have clearly stated that BOTH government and BP are ON THE HOOK...but I guess you can't see that through your meth pipe.

The last full fiscal year in which the Department of the Treasury collected the tax was FY1995. At the end of FY1996, the invested trust fund balance was $6.0 billion. This fund was exhausted by the end of FY2003; since that time funding for these orphan shares has been appropriated by Congress out of general revenues.

The government only pays to clean up if the responsible parties cannot pay.

I'm fine with the government chipping it - AFTER we've taken BP apart and sold it to the highest bidder.

YOU and people like you are what's wrong with this country

I can tell I've struck a nerve. You're now resorting to the tactics of Glenn Beck.

Sorry you don't like holding corporations responsible for their actions.

Go back and read my posts...I have clearly stated that BOTH government and BP are ON THE HOOK...but I guess you can't see that through your meth pipe.

Then why aren't you jumping on the case? I've yet to see any layer sue the government over this. Since you know the law so well, what are you waiting for? Surely being the first lawyer to get in on the suit against the government would be a gold mine!

No one blamed Bush for the failure of many New Orleanians to evacuate. No one blamed him for causing a hurricane (except tin foil hat people maybe). He was blamed for his almost non-existent response in first several days after the storm.

But that would be a fact - and facts are something that don't jive with you.

Immediate response is on the governor, governors have the authority to call up the national guard. This governor denied Bush initial request to help.

The government only pays to clean up if the responsible parties cannot pay.

I'm fine with the government chipping it - AFTER we've taken BP apart and sold it to the highest bidder.

WRONG. The government pays when the lawyers say they pay....we have laws remember? Even when the lawyers bring up the fact that the government engineer on the rig gave FINAL APPROVAL FOR DRILLING OPERATIONS TO START the government will have already begun to appropriate money...your tax dollars...to clean up this mess. BP will survive intact...just like Exxon did.

Forum List

Back