ST's BP Rantings

BP has decided that a $24 million oil-water separator promoted by actor Kevin Costner could be useful in its response to the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, WWL-TV reports.

Costner came forward this month with an oil spill cleanup technology he started devising after the 1989 Exxon Valdez spill in Alaska. He demonstrated a centrifuge that he said could be placed on barges and used to suck in oily water, separate the oil and spit out mostly pure water.

BP watched the machine at work this past Thursday.
Kevin Costner's idea for cleaning up Gulf of Mexico oil spill gets nod from BP, report says | NOLA.com

If it actually works, it would be a wonderful thing.

If it's so good why did Costner wait a month before presenting it?
Could be because he thought Obama and his thugs would come up with something being the leader of this country. Since Obama is worried more as to how make himself look better and point fingers everywhere but at himself (remember how the libs whined how Bush would never take blame for anything on his watch) Costner might have decided that the White House is not capable of handling anything so stepped up to the plate.

Yeah, that's it! :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: You can't even read a story about an actor (if you can call him that) inventing something useful without coming up with some sort of way to hate on Obama.

Isn't Obama the leader of this country yet hasn't done a damn thing to help solve this crisis? It happened under his watch and can you tell me what ideas he has put forward? Now under Obama watch the spill has now affected areas as far as Miami.

If Obamay cared so much about the environment ( same lie all liberal hypocrite like you tell) you think he would be leading a Task Force to solve the issue instead of looking to an actor to solve it.

Last edited:
Could be because he thought Obama and his thugs would come up with something being the leader of this country. Since Obama is worried more as to how make himself look better and point fingers everywhere but at himself (remember how the libs whined how Bush would never take blame for anything on his watch) Costner might have decided that the White House is not capable of handling anything so stepped up to the plate.

I'm sorry (or maybe I should congratulate you) that you've managed to come up with even a MORE lame, partisan piece of drivel here.

Yeah, that's it! :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: You can't even read a story about an actor (if you can call him that) inventing something useful without coming up with some sort of way to hate on Obama.

Isn't Obama the leader of this country yet hasn't done a damn thing to help solve this crisis? It happened under his watch and can you tell me what ideas he has put forward? Now under Obama watch the spill has now effected areas as far as Miami.

If Obamay cared so much about the environment ( same lie all liberal hypocrite like you tell) you think he would be leading a Task Force to solve the issue instead of looking to an actor to solve it.

:lol::lol::lol:

You know....your post is actually a back handed compliment to Obama and his abilities as President compared to all past presidents.

Now, let's see if you can figure it out. :eusa_whistle:

If it works, who cares whose idea it is? If fucking Charlie Manson had an idea and it worked I would applaud his efforts.

As for BP being prepared for something like this, aside from the fact that the installed equipment which was supposed to prevent something like this being shit, I don't think any drilling company was/is prepared for a blowout of this nature.

Last edited:
Hey, if Costner's method works, we all win. Sounds like a simple and workable invention, and it never ceases to amaze me that solutions to problems that 'stare us in the face' only a small minority seem to pop up from nowhere and implement their ideas which actually work.

Good luck to Costner, :clap2: I hope they try this,and it's 110% successful. I see people trying to bring Obama in on this,wtf LOL? I wouldn't care if my worst 'enemy' came out with this or anything that really is good everyone, if it benefits the world as a whole, I would not only applaud their efforts, I would shake their hand.

BP has decided that a $24 million oil-water separator promoted by actor Kevin Costner could be useful in its response to the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, WWL-TV reports.

Costner came forward this month with an oil spill cleanup technology he started devising after the 1989 Exxon Valdez spill in Alaska. He demonstrated a centrifuge that he said could be placed on barges and used to suck in oily water, separate the oil and spit out mostly pure water.

BP watched the machine at work this past Thursday.
Kevin Costner's idea for cleaning up Gulf of Mexico oil spill gets nod from BP, report says | NOLA.com

I love Kevin Costner.. now more than ever. :)

Glad to see that an actor can actually come up with a great invention instead of whining and moaning.

I hope it works as well as other ideas that are being put into place.

It's kind of too bad this catastrophe didn't happen on Bush's watch. If so, lots of libs would have screamed, bitched, or whined themselves to death by now while accusing him of doing nothing while the oil continued to spew.

Oh, well. Timing is everything.

Costner a better engineer than actor? I would have bought that before reading this article, but now, I'm certain of it.

The article doesn't really say anything about it. It's basically a blurb. It does demonstrate that BP was completely unprepared to do anything on their own to clean up this mess (and thus have to rely on an actor's idea).

But, hey. Why not give it a whirl? I mean if it's stupid and it works than it's not stupid.

Hey I think its a great idea. It seems so simple and obvious once you know about it - but required the sheer genius of Dances With Wolves to invent.

Hopefully Kevin can use the royalties to retire from acting.

waterworld-poster02.jpg

As for BP being prepared for something like this, aside from the fact that the installed equipment which was supposed to prevent something like this being shit, I don't think any drilling company was/is prepared for a blowout of this nature.

Here's an idea-
MAYBE THEY SHOULD BE

No need to shout.

And yes, they absolutely should be prepared. The government should have been making sure the tests were carried out and everything was working properly. You'll get no argument from me on this point.

The article doesn't really say anything about it. It's basically a blurb. It does demonstrate that BP was completely unprepared to do anything on their own to clean up this mess (and thus have to rely on an actor's idea).

But, hey. Why not give it a whirl? I mean if it's stupid and it works than it's not stupid.

Hey I think its a great idea. It seems so simple and obvious once you know about it - but required the sheer genius of Dances With Wolves to invent.

Hopefully Kevin can use the royalties to retire from acting.

waterworld-poster02.jpg

I was thinking the same thing.

Anytime you mix Kevin Costner and water, you get an expensive fail.

Its going to be a disaster for the ages unless even if they cap it, which they can't... can indictments be far behind? Its the only way Big Oil will learn cutting corners is foolish. If there even is a "next time".

Last edited:
Experts estimate that 2 million gallons of oil a day is being spilled.

Much more than the 200,000 gallons a day that BP extimates.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back