ST's BP Rantings

oil-pass-a-loutrejpg-e8537c5699bd789d_large.jpg

oil-fishing-netjpg-1c99fed820046591_small.jpg

oil-bottlejpg-6b6aa1d10084b2ba_small.jpg

First signs of thick oil found in Plaquemines marshlands | NOLA.com

Do you think they did this on purpose?

The article doesn't really say anything about it. It's basically a blurb. It does demonstrate that BP was completely unprepared to do anything on their own to clean up this mess (and thus have to rely on an actor's idea).

But, hey. Why not give it a whirl? I mean if it's stupid and it works than it's not stupid.

Hey I think its a great idea. It seems so simple and obvious once you know about it - but required the sheer genius of Dances With Wolves to invent.

Hopefully Kevin can use the royalties to retire from acting.

waterworld-poster02.jpg

Postman_ver3.jpg

*DIRTWORLD* ;)

Glad to see that an actor can actually come up with a great invention instead of whining and moaning.

I hope it works as well as other ideas that are being put into place.

A centrifuge will work great for separating oil from water. The problem is making one large enough to clean up this mess. They will need to build a fleet of these centrifuge ships. The good thing is these ships could be powered by the oil extracted from the water.

Last edited:

Thank Obama for giving BP categorical safety standard exemptions in 2009.

The decision by the department's Minerals Management Service (MMS) to give BP's lease at Deepwater Horizon a "categorical exclusion" from the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) on April 6, 2009 -- and BP's lobbying efforts just 11 days before the explosion to expand those exemptions -- show that neither federal regulators nor the company anticipated an accident of the scale of the one unfolding in the gulf.

U.S. exempted BP's Gulf of Mexico drilling from environmental impact study

In the wake of the BP disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, the Department of the Interior’s Minerals Management Service (MMS) has continued to issue “categorical exclusions” for oil companies, allowing them to bypass the last stage of environmental review before proceeding with drilling projects, an Interior Department official told ABC News Wednesday.

Interior Department Continues to Issue ?Categorical Exclusions? for Oil Drilling, Administration Official Acknowledges - Political Punch

My understanding is that BP tried to save money by NOT grouting the pipe gap properly, saving $15m, but risking a disaster. They lost that gamble. Now they are probably trying to buy off the DC whores to get out of trouble. I still can't believe that the regulators didn't monitor their activities closer when its such a deep dangerous well. I also can't believe that the MSM is giving Obama a pass on this disaster. Just imagine if this happened under Bush-Cheney.

while the mms assessed the environmental impact of drilling in the central and western gulf of mexico on three occasions in 2007 -- including a specific evaluation of bp's lease 206 at deepwater horizon -- in each case it played down the prospect of a major blowout.

The water World shit is funny. Hey, If it works I am all for it. All I have seen thus far is BP trying to divert the oil up into their tanker ships instead of just plugging the fucking hole. Look's like greed to me. And if you can't plug the hole, you had no fucking business drilling at that depth to begin with you fuckers! ~BH

while the mms assessed the environmental impact of drilling in the central and western gulf of mexico on three occasions in 2007 -- including a specific evaluation of bp's lease 206 at deepwater horizon -- in each case it played down the prospect of a major blowout.

Only read the parts you like?

The decision by the department's Minerals Management Service (MMS) to give BP's lease at Deepwater Horizon a "categorical exclusion" from the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) on April 6, 2009 -- and BP's lobbying efforts just 11 days before the explosion to expand those exemptions -- show that neither federal regulators nor the company anticipated an accident of the scale of the one unfolding in the gulf.

The BP drilling plan approved April 6, 2010, for the site that is now the cause of the Gulf disaster, says that “a scenario for a potential blowout of the well from which BP would expect to have the highest volume of liquid hydrocarbons is not required for the operations proposed in this EP.”

MMS approved a different BP drilling plan on May 5, 2010, providing the similar “Blowout Scenario,” stating: “Information not required for activities proposed in this Initial Exploration Plan."

Suckling said that for “Secretary Salazar to allow MMS to exempt 26 new oil wells from environmental review in the midst of the ongoing Gulf crisis shows an extraordinary lapse of judgment. It is inconceivable that his attention is apparently on providing BP with new environmentally exempted offshore oil wells instead of shutting down the corrupt process which put billion of dollars into BP’s pocket and millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico.”

Look who was their top recipient of campaign contributions!

BP: Recipients | OpenSecrets

What are the odds?

Last edited:

Speaking of major blowout...BRB!!!

Please please PLEASE don't pull out the one your Gyno uses to clean out your yeast infections.
You win, curvelight. Whatever it is you want to win, you can win it.

*slowly backs away, making sure not to make any sudden movements*

Don't give him that much credit. :booze::banghead::blahblah::popcorn:

This is a meltdown of epic proportions.:dig:
I have no idea WHAT point he has, but he can have it.

He's just insane. :lol: There are a few here.

Forum List

Back